ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VAF 9 PART 5

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

middletier 1

VAF 9 PART 5

Post by middletier 1 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:36 am

hi

i am filling the VAF9 form and i have one doubt on how to fill part 5 if my family is not join with me

under 5.1 if i say no then i have to fill the details of my dependents or not required
please clarify me

Regards

ukvisaguru_co_uk

Post by ukvisaguru_co_uk » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:30 pm

Details of your dependents are only required when you are applying for their Visas as well.

Do you know you can apply for dependant Visas, even if they are not travelling immediately with you. They can come later.

aksh_uk
Newly Registered

Post by aksh_uk » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:31 am

Hi,

Think you still need to provide your spouse details. Kids and other dependents need not to be mentioned if they are not applyinh with you.

Thanks
aksh_uk

maddy_uob
Newly Registered

Post by maddy_uob » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:07 am

You still need to fillin your Spouse/parner details in Section 5.2 irrespective of what the answer you select in Section 5.1. But if your children under 18 Years of age are not accompanying you then you can leave the details blank pertaining to your children (such as age, etc).

aksh_uk
Newly Registered

Post by aksh_uk » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:37 am

Hi,

I was going through the vaf9 guidance notes and here is the exact wording:

5.1 Is your partner accompanying you or joining you later?
If they are travelling later please provide their date of travel in Part 7. Please note that accompanying partners are not permitted for all tiers and sub-tiers of PBS. You should consult the appropriate Guidance for the tier or sub-tier under which you are applying, for details.
Answer ‘Yes / No/ Not applicable’
If ‘Yes’ complete Questions 5.2 - 5.5, otherwise move on to Question 5.6.

As per the above statement, it cleary says fill the spouse details if he/she is travelling.

Any other comments?

Regards
aksh_uk

katanayi
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by katanayi » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:41 pm

maddy_uob wrote:You still need to fillin your Spouse/parner details in Section 5.2 irrespective of what the answer you select in Section 5.1. But if your children under 18 Years of age are not accompanying you then you can leave the details blank pertaining to your children (such as age, etc).
your right, In fact what I did