ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa vaf4a Question on Working!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chesstar87

Spousal Visa vaf4a Question on Working!

Post by chesstar87 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:52 pm

Hey guys,
I am currently applying for my vaf4a visa, my spouse(who is a british national born and bred in the uk) and I are currently sorting out all our documentations job letters, bank statements etc. The main purpose is that I can move over to the UK and we can restart our lives there. She recently had to return to the UK cos of job commitments etc. When my visa is sorted out (ie hopefully approved), I would also like to work when I get there and share in the financial responsabilities. Besides the Vaf4a, do I need to do any other application forms to work in the UK? And what is the next step legal for us after having Vaf4a approve cos we really want to settle and have our family there? Thanks for all the assistance
Last edited by chesstar87 on Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:38 pm

Besides the Vaf4a, do I need to do any other application forms to work in the UK?
No, once the 27-month spouse visa is in your passport, you will have the ability to come to the UK ..... and full ability to work .... either or both .... employed or self-employed.
John

chesstar87

Post by chesstar87 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:40 pm

Thank you John I appriciate your quick responce thats a relief!