ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sidster007

Post by sidster007 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:34 pm

I agree with f2k. You only become a British Citizen the day you complete the citizenship ceremony. An approval from the HO based on your application only makes you eligible to complete the BC process but the process is only regarded as complete once the citizenship ceremony is done. So no need to worry...travel without any fear.

I just did my ceremony yesterday and along with some memorabilia and my certificate of naturalization I received a leaflet from UKBA advising me that "as of the date of the certificate my ILR on the non British passport becomes INVALID and that if I were to enter the UK on a non EU passport I would need a RIGHT of ABODE stamp on that passport which can be obtained seperately from the HO" .

Hope this helps.

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:40 pm

sidster007 wrote:I agree with f2k. You only become a British Citizen the day you complete the citizenship ceremony. An approval from the HO based on your application only makes you eligible to complete the BC process but the process is only regarded as complete once the citizenship ceremony is done. So no need to worry...travel without any fear.

I just did my ceremony yesterday and along with some memorabilia and my certificate of naturalization I received a leaflet from UKBA advising me that "as of the date of the certificate my ILR on the non British passport becomes INVALID and that if I were to enter the UK on a non EU passport I would need a RIGHT of ABODE stamp on that passport which can be obtained seperately from the HO" .

Hope this helps.
Congratulation Sid. I wil be in touch with you soon as we are going to put three applications through NCS. Mine, my uncle's and my borther's.

And at last but not least did get any luck with IPS regarding your passport application? I mean have you enquired if they can process it bit quicker as you need to fly?
KESH

racingfire

Post by racingfire » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:40 pm

Hi Sid,

Congrats mate now your are BC, i am still waiiting fro my letter hope so this week i will get it. I am also a little bit confuse about this (return on ILR) issue as because after attending my ceremony i am also going away for 3 weeks and i don,t have time to apply for passport .

I just called HO today and asked about this issue, they gave me telephone number of immigration team who bascially deal with country IN and OUT system. I will call them tommorow and will update the forum.

sidster007 wrote:I agree with f2k. You only become a British Citizen the day you complete the citizenship ceremony. An approval from the HO based on your application only makes you eligible to complete the BC process but the process is only regarded as complete once the citizenship ceremony is done. So no need to worry...travel without any fear.

Hope this helps.

tonyz
Newly Registered

update

Post by tonyz » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:31 pm

Dear All,

I just did my ceremony today

regards

sidster007

Post by sidster007 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:37 pm

Congrats Tonyz !!
Good luck Racing Fire...hang in there..good news will come

tonyz
Newly Registered

regards

Post by tonyz » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:41 pm

hi sid,

thanks for the support

regards

bechir

Re: update

Post by bechir » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:40 pm

Congrats Sid !!
Congrats Tonyz !!
racingfire any news from council ?

in my side i just have a funny game, i sent for passport on 3/11/09 via post office check and send , today i did the online tracking and got reply that is received yesterday 9/11/09 so this check and send it was not good as we all think :cry: the funny part is sent to glasgow passport office even iam located 40 miles from liverpool , so why will be sent to glasgow i dont know and the guy in the other end just said i will be very lucky if i do get it before the 25th. iam praying i get at least my native one so i can go and see my mum :)
tonyz wrote:Dear All,

regards

taliska

Post by taliska » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:18 pm

Congrats Tonyz, Sid on your ceremonies
Bechir don't they ask whickh office you want your application to go to at the check and send? Well the maximum waiting time the IPS quote for first adult passport application is 6 weeks so hopefully you'll get through sooner

bechir

Post by bechir » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:48 pm

hi taliska
no they don't ask i just called again and i ask the guy and the reply they get diverted when one is busy to the other one any wjere in the country and yes you are right first adult is 6 weeks but xmas holidays every first applications should calculate if enough time to applay incase you are planing to travel.
taliska wrote:Congrats Tonyz, Sid on your ceremonies
Bechir don't they ask whickh office you want your application to go to at the check and send? Well the maximum waiting time the IPS quote for first adult passport application is 6 weeks so hopefully you'll get through sooner

racingfire

Post by racingfire » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:13 am

Congrats tonyz ...... :) so you are nearly there to end of your journey.

Bechir i hope so you will get your passport soon. Don,t worry you still have 2 weeks to go, i have checked the previous posts on this forum and maximum time they took in one case were 23 days. I called my council yesterday and they still didn,t have any information regarding me. So hope so end of this week i will get some good news.

In case if you will travel on your native passport, will you be eligible to get entry back on your ILR, as Sid mentioned that he recieved one leaflet with his certificate that,

"as of the date of the certificate ILR on the non British passport becomes INVALID and that if I were to enter the UK on a non EU passport I would need a RIGHT of ABODE stamp on that passport which can be obtained seperately from the HO" .

regards

bechir

Post by bechir » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:58 am

hi racingfire you can travel in your native passport if questioned i can prove i have send for british passport wich in this case is the post office receipt at the end of the day there cannot refuse me entry anyway :) but may tell me next time dont do it . but fo the matter of british get refused entry to britain is bit odd :)

racingfire wrote:Congrats tonyz ...... :) so you are nearly there to end of your journey.

Bechir i hope so you will get your passport soon. Don,t worry you still have 2 weeks to go, i have checked the previous posts on this forum and maximum time they took in one case were 23 days. I called my council yesterday and they still didn,t have any information regarding me. So hope so end of this week i will get some good news.

In case if you will travel on your native passport, will you be eligible to get entry back on your ILR, as Sid mentioned that he recieved one leaflet with his certificate that,

"as of the date of the certificate ILR on the non British passport becomes INVALID and that if I were to enter the UK on a non EU passport I would need a RIGHT of ABODE stamp on that passport which can be obtained seperately from the HO" .

regards

HSMP1+3+1

Re: Update

Post by HSMP1+3+1 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:57 pm

An update:

NCS or Postal: NCS, Luton
Date of submission or posting: 25th Aug 2009
Application: Myself and Child
CRITERIA: HSMP 5 yr (4+1 under JR)
Date of receipt of Application @ HO: 27th Aug, 2009
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 01st Sept 2009
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 06th Sept 2009
Date of approval: 30th Sept 2009
Invitation Letter Received: 10th Oct 2009
Date of Ceremony: 22nd Oct 2009
Date of application for passport: 22nd Oct 2009
Interview for Passport : 9th Nov 2009 (this was the earliest available date)
Passport received: 11th Nov 2009

I am really thankful to all of you and this forum. No doubt this forum is the right place to help each other. I hope the people who are waiting will get their approvals very soon.

Wish you all the very best....

Thanks

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:02 pm

HSMP1+3+1 wrote:An update:

I am really thankful to all of you and this forum. No doubt this forum is the right place to help each other. I hope the people who are waiting will get their approvals very soon.

Thanks
Sorry guys I have another question in regards to Naturalisation. If some one's bank balance goes into overdraft just a month before application and gets back to normal in couple of days then can this effect the naturalisation application?

Please answer my querry.

Many thanks.
KESH

bechir

Post by bechir » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:17 pm

bank accounts has no effect as long as there enough to cover the application fee , you dont even need to have a bank account , your applying for Naturalisation not mortgage :) good luck hope you get quick reply.
keshgrover wrote:

Thanks
Sorry guys I have another question in regards to Naturalisation. If some one's bank balance goes into overdraft just a month before application and gets back to normal in couple of days then can this effect the naturalisation application?

Please answer my querry.

Many thanks.

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:20 pm

bechir wrote:bank accounts has no effect as long as there enough to cover the application fee , you dont even need to have a bank account , your applying for Naturalisation not mortgage :) good luck hope you get quick reply.
keshgrover wrote:

Thanks

Please answer my querry.

Many thanks.
Thanks buchir,

The bank statements are being given to show the evidence that money is beening paid to the credit card and loan companies to full fill the good character requirement.

Do you still think that would not be the problem?
KESH

tonyz
Newly Registered

regards

Post by tonyz » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:51 pm

Hi taliska,

thanks for the support.

regards

troyguy21

Post by troyguy21 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:23 pm

racingfire wrote:Hi Sid,

Congrats mate now your are BC, i am still waiiting fro my letter hope so this week i will get it. I am also a little bit confuse about this (return on ILR) issue as because after attending my ceremony i am also going away for 3 weeks and i don,t have time to apply for passport .

I just called HO today and asked about this issue, they gave me telephone number of immigration team who bascially deal with country IN and OUT system. I will call them tommorow and will update the forum.
Racingfire did you speak to the immigration team and any update please?

bechir

Post by bechir » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:45 pm

the only finance issues related to the good character requirement ccj or bankrupcy even in the case of some one discharged bankrupcy is ok.
this my personal view :) but iam sure if your bank account in the red that will not make you bad character.
keshgrover wrote:
bechir wrote:bank accounts has no effect as long as there enough to cover the application fee , you dont even need to have a bank account , your applying for Naturalisation not mortgage :) good luck hope you get quick reply.
keshgrover wrote:

Thanks

Please answer my querry.

Many thanks.
Thanks buchir,

The bank statements are being given to show the evidence that money is beening paid to the credit card and loan companies to full fill the good character requirement.

Do you still think that would not be the problem?

sidster007

Update

Post by sidster007 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:38 pm

Folks here another update from me. Had my citizenship ceremony on Monday, 9th November and today applied for my passport through PO check and send (countersignee only came back yesterday from business trip so had to wait until then). Will keep you all posted with further updates. Good luck to all of those who are waiting or have just applied.

NCS or Postal: NCS
If NCS, which: Westminster, London
Date of submission of application: October 8, 2009
Date application received by H/O: October 9, 2009
CRITERIA: 6 yr stay (5 yr work permit and HSMP + 1 yr ILR )
Date of Payment : October 14, 2009 (although my credit card account wasn't debited until October 17th)
Date of receipt of acknowledgment: October 17, 2009 (letter dated 14th October)
Date of Approval: 3rd November 2009 (letter dated 26th October 2009)
Date of citizenship ceremony: 9th November 2009
Date of Passport application: 12th November 2009 (PO check & send)
Date of Passport interview: Pending
Date of return of application documents: Pending
Date of receipt of passport: Pending

PCB
Newly Registered

Regarding supporting documents to citiznenship

Post by PCB » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:16 pm

Hi Sidster07,

Congrats on your journery. Could you please let me know what documents you have provided for citiznenship application.

I am applying for citizensihip next month. I am planning to submit my passport and Life in the uk letter.

Thanks,
PCB

sidster007

Post by sidster007 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:20 pm

Hi PCB,

Apart from all your previous passports and life in the UK test pass letter you will also need to provide all the previous letters from the HO that came along with your work permits/HSMP and ILR.

Good luck. Hope it goes all smoothly for you.

Cheers

Sid

mularda
Newly Registered

quick update

Post by mularda » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:36 am

NCS or Postal : NCS
Date of submission or posting : 03/11/09
Date received @HO: 04/11/09
CRITERIA - 5 Year stay Including 1 year ILR
Date of debit of debit/credit card : Used Transcash paid on 30/10/09
Date of receipt of acknowledgement : 13/11/09 (letter dated the 10/11/09)
Date of receipt of approval : Pending
Date of citizenship Ceremony : Pending
Date of passport application : Pending
Method used : Pending
Date for passport Interview: Pending
Date of Receipt of Passport: Pending

incognito
Newly Registered

Post by incognito » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:14 pm

UPDATE:

NCS or Postal: NCS
Date of submission or posting: 09/10/2009( A Friday)
CRITERIA: married to BC
Date of receipt of Application @ HO: 13/10/2009
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 14/10/2009
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 20/10/2009 (dated 15/10/2009)
Date of receipt of approval: 02/11/2009 (dated 26/10/2009)
Date of Ceremony: 05/11/2009
Date of appln. for 10/11/2009 (CHECK AND SEND)
Interview for Passport :Pending
Passport received: Pending

racingfire

Post by racingfire » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:59 pm

Hi troyguy21,

I called HO and speak to them about this issue, they gave me number for nationality department, i told them that, i have already spoken to them and they refered me towards your department. They said we cannot guarantee but hope so there will be no problem in it, its all depend on Immigration officer but there is no reason to decline entry on ILR, hope so there will be no problem that if you will come back on your ILR.

I am still waiting for my letter :( :( :( , hope so soon i will get it.
troyguy21 wrote: Racingfire did you speak to the immigration team and any update please?

troyguy21

Post by troyguy21 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:55 pm

Thanks for the update. I will be travelling out of the country with my family next week. We have collected our certificates but are yet to apply for passport. Though I applied for a one-week fast track for my child and I've received the passport. We'll be returning back to the country on ILR but I plan to carry a copy of our certificate just in case.

Thanks

racingfire wrote:Hi troyguy21,

I called HO and speak to them about this issue, they gave me number for nationality department, i told them that, i have already spoken to them and they refered me towards your department. They said we cannot guarantee but hope so there will be no problem in it, its all depend on Immigration officer but there is no reason to decline entry on ILR, hope so there will be no problem that if you will come back on your ILR.

I am still waiting for my letter :( :( :( , hope so soon i will get it.
troyguy21 wrote: Racingfire did you speak to the immigration team and any update please?