ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Very Urgent query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hiteshdargan

Very Urgent query

Post by hiteshdargan » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:01 pm

Hi

I have got my Tier 1 visa on 9 November 2009, i am still in India and yet to apply for my dependants

If I travel to the UK for 5 days from 14 November onwards, will it in anyways effect the dependant application. I want to travel immediately to ensure eligibilty for ILR after 5 yrs.

If i travel to the UK once, will i need to prove job and accomodation while applying for my dependants or only the maintenance fund

Rgds

Hitesh

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Re: Very Urgent query

Post by innocentdevil » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:14 pm

hiteshdargan wrote:Hi

I have got my Tier 1 visa on 9 November 2009, i am still in India and yet to apply for my dependants

If I travel to the UK for 5 days from 14 November onwards, will it in anyways effect the dependant application. I want to travel immediately to ensure eligibilty for ILR after 5 yrs.

If i travel to the UK once, will i need to prove job and accomodation while applying for my dependants or only the maintenance fund

Rgds

Hitesh
you should be be fine as long as you are not out of UK for more than 90 days I believe.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:25 pm

To avoid additional extensions HO advices applicants to travel with first 28days of receiveing VISA so you are fine to travel after 5th day..

there is no prblem with ur dependents applications when you are in UK.. even if u r nto employed..

Yes it is right you have to show the complete maintenance funds as required

hiteshdargan

Post by hiteshdargan » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:39 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:To avoid additional extensions HO advices applicants to travel with first 28days of receiveing VISA so you are fine to travel after 5th day..

there is no prblem with ur dependents applications when you are in UK.. even if u r nto employed..

While applying for ILR, if i have just 5 days left in my visa expiry, can that be a problem

Master_Blaster

Post by Master_Blaster » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:09 pm

When you apply for ILR, (as per the current rules) you can apply 28 days before your leave expires, so you should be fine.

In my opinion, though it is good to consider ILR on your initial travel, I would not worry too much as it would all depend on the immigration rules in Nov 2014.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:20 pm

Master_Blaster wrote:When you apply for ILR, (as per the current rules) you can apply 28 days before your leave expires, so you should be fine.

In my opinion, though it is good to consider ILR on your initial travel, I would not worry too much as it would all depend on the immigration rules in Nov 2014.
Ditto..

raymasa2
Member of Standing

Post by raymasa2 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:37 pm

Master_Blaster wrote:When you apply for ILR, (as per the current rules) you can apply 28 days before your leave expires, so you should be fine.

Keep in mind that after July 2011, most probably ILR will no long be around either.

Ray

hiteshdargan

Post by hiteshdargan » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:50 am

raymasa2 wrote:

Keep in mind that after July 2011, most probably ILR will no long be around either.

Ray
How many times can the tier 1 visa be extended

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:36 am

hiteshdargan wrote:
raymasa2 wrote:

Ray
How many times can the tier 1 visa be extended
what will replace ILR then

raymasa2
Member of Standing

Post by raymasa2 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:29 pm

innocentdevil wrote: what will replace ILR then
probationary citizenship

Ray

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:04 pm

hiteshdargan wrote: How many times can the tier 1 visa be extended
Till u r eligible for next stage ILR/probationary citizenship

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:15 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:To avoid additional extensions HO advices applicants to travel with first 28days of receiveing VISA so you are fine to travel after 5th day..

if you brnging child as dependent than - test of probability applies other than fund requirements

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:33 am

Sushil-ACCA wrote:

if you brnging child as dependent than - test of probability applies other than fund requirements
Test of Probability?? :roll:
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:36 pm

push wrote:
Sushil-ACCA wrote:

Very important in case of child EC clearance , test of probablity section 319H (a to g) immigration act , even applicant meets minimum fund requirements.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:28 pm

Sushil-ACCA wrote:
push wrote:
Sushil-ACCA wrote:

Very important in case of child EC clearance , test of probablity section 319H (a to g) immigration act , even applicant meets minimum fund requirements.
Thanks but I still could not find anything called "test of probability" in the rules. Can you please clarify? The para you quoted are general requirement as dependants of PBS applicants but there is no mention of "test of probability"
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:41 pm

push wrote:
Sushil-ACCA wrote:
push wrote:
Sushil-ACCA wrote:
Thanks but I still could not find anything called "test of probability" in the rules. Can you please clarify? The para you quoted are general requirement as dependants of PBS applicants but there is no mention of "test of probability"

THIS term is generally used by ECO when he is refusing child EC , ALSO known as balance of Prbabilities.