ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

"Method of Entry Questionnaire" Where to find it?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

WCC
Newly Registered

"Method of Entry Questionnaire" Where to find it?

Post by WCC » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:45 pm

A relative of mine received a letter from the Home Office (UK Border Agency) requesting that they provide a confirmation of their "method of entry in to the United Kingdom... Please complete the Method of Entry questionnaire if necessary."

I've searched on the Internet and cannot find this form (including the usual places such as the home office's website, this site, Google etc.).

If someone could provide a link to this form we'd be grateful as it will be of use to us.

Jammydogger
Newly Registered
Jamaica

Post by Jammydogger » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:03 pm

I'm not 100% sure but i don't believe you'll find that form on the UKBA site. As far as I am aware the Home Office usually send them to the applicant's Solicitor.

They usually have to filled in by the date given on the actual form, so you do need to hurry up and find out where it was sent.

WCC
Newly Registered

Post by WCC » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:19 am

Thanks for the response, she's gone to see her solicitor.

SAMBOO
Newly Registered

Post by SAMBOO » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:38 am

can u let me know if ur relative receive her ILR because i have get that same thing as well since last month i send it back but no response yet.

WCC
Newly Registered

Post by WCC » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:50 am

Hi, the answer would be no I'm afraid. Her photos were collected and signed for on the 1st of October (according to Royal Mail's delivery tracking service), so that would be at least 6 weeks.

Out of interest how long prior to receiving your letter did you send your application forms off?

My mum sent hers in April. It was only after getting our local MP to contact Phil Woolas/The HO in September, that we received the already mentioned letter asking for the photos (I doubt that it is a coincidence).

In total we've been waiting for around 7 months for our ILR status.

SAMBOO
Newly Registered

Post by SAMBOO » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:35 am

i send my application off since last year may but i always receive letter from them telling me about the application, untill october the sent me letter with quetionaire i fill it out and send it back with pic and docs that they ask for so thats why i want to know now how long will it take for them to giv a next reply.

zebra3

Post by zebra3 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:40 pm

the home office will send you one with a letter as well as a copy to your solicitor. that what happened to me last week.

good luck

SAMBOO
Newly Registered

Post by SAMBOO » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:22 pm

yes i get all that as well letter and questionaire but being so worried i call the case worker today she told me they receive my docs on the 3rd of november so i will need to wait a bit more. i was on a next forum where i see people getting back theres in 4-5 weeks. so good luck to us all

WCC
Newly Registered

Post by WCC » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:31 pm

zebra3 wrote:the home office will send you one with a letter as well as a copy to your solicitor. that what happened to me last week.

good luck
Hi, could you please tell us how soon after you recieved the questionnaire letter that you then recieved your ILR (rather, when did you send the questionnaire back to them)? I know the time differences may vary but it will definitely ease my stress.

Thanks

zebra3

Post by zebra3 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:27 pm

I will let you know as soon as I get a reply, my case is not an ILR, I am on FLR M based on a marriage

WCC
Newly Registered

Post by WCC » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:31 am

zebra3 wrote:I will let you know as soon as I get a reply, my case is not an ILR, I am on FLR M based on a marriage
Oh I see, I thought you meant that you recieved a reply granting your ILR status. Sorry about that.

chibage

Post by chibage » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:49 am

WCC has your relative received a reply yet? I have also sent my further docs on 30september and am waiting.

Shanda
Newly Registered
Mood:
Zambia

Method of Entry Questionnaire

Post by Shanda » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:58 pm

Chibage
Congrats and luck you for documents you received and sent to UKBA.

I applied in Aril 08 as an overstayer spouse and havnt received anything yet. Your postings give people like us in the same position hope!!!!

Good luck and keep us informed when you get a reply. God bless

WCC
Newly Registered

Post by WCC » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:32 am

chibage wrote:WCC has your relative received a reply yet? I have also sent my further docs on 30september and am waiting.
Hello chibage, still no word, it'll be It'll be nearly 8 months now since sending my application off, and nearly a year and half of being stuck at home with nothing to do (you can check my other thread if you want to know what I mean by that). :x

WCC
Newly Registered

Post by WCC » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:37 pm

Any update on you guys?

We received a call from out solicitor last Friday confirming that they've received our ILR. She's collecting them today :)