ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenace Fund required for Tier 1 dependant visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

smfrrajan
Newly Registered

Maintenace Fund required for Tier 1 dependant visa

Post by smfrrajan » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:31 pm

Hi

I am working in UK last 2.5 years ( 2years on HSMP+ 6 months on Tier 1 extension). i am getting married next month and planned to apply for tier 1 dependant visa for my wife.i am not clear about maintenance fund. shall i maintain only 533 pounds or 533+800 or 1600 or 1600+800?

if anybody can clear it , it will be really helpful for me?

Cheers

Francis

vks

Post by vks » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:35 pm

Question:
If your dependent Incountry applicant? or from out of UK?
The pbs dependent policy guidelines states the following:
Family member of a Tier 1 migrant

39. If the Tier 1 migrant is outside the United Kingdom or has been present in the United Kingdom for less than 12 months, each family member of the Tier 1 migrant must show that he/she, the Tier 1 migrant, or (for children) his/her other parent who is also legally present in the United Kingdom has at least £1600 to support him/her; this is in addition to any funds the Tier 1 migrant needs to prove he/she has enough money to support himself/herself.

40. If the Tier 1 migrant has been in the United Kingdom for 12 months or more, each family member of the Tier 1 migrant must have £533 to support himself/herself.
In case, if you are applying only for your partner as a fresh application, then it should be £1600.(Assuming that you have the Tier1 Visa)
Regards,
vks

smfrrajan
Newly Registered

Post by smfrrajan » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:56 pm

Hi

Thanks for ur information. i am getting married in india and applying visa for my wife in india.as per this below guidelines, i am a tier 1 migrant . i am living in UK more than 2 years. i am applying for my family member i.e my wife. then it should be 533 pounds right?

Cheers

Francis

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:02 pm

smfrrajan wrote:Hi

Thanks for ur information. i am getting married in india and applying visa for my wife in india.as per this below guidelines, i am a tier 1 migrant . i am living in UK more than 2 years. i am applying for my family member i.e my wife. then it should be 533 pounds right?

Cheers

Francis
Plus the £800 for you.

dhanubs

Post by dhanubs » Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:11 am

Why is £800 + £533 required to be shown. The person in question here is already in the UK for more than 12 months, if so, why does he need to show the maintenance funds for himself? The immigration rules in the guidance document clearly says

40. If the Tier 1 migrant has been in the United Kingdom for 12 months or more, each family member of the Tier 1 migrant must have £533 to support himself/herself.

Since, the person here has been in the UK for more than 12 months, he only need to show £533 for his wife and nothing for himself. The rule clearly says that only the family members of the tier1 migrant need to show funds to support themselves. It doesn't talk about the tier1 migrant himself as it is clear from the above text.

I called the VFS Bangalore as well as sent them a mail clearly explaining the situation and they said the same thing on the phone as well as replied to my mail. Hope that makes things clear.

getusama
Newly Registered

Confusion

Post by getusama » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:28 pm

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... t#13774537

Hi

I have been on PSW for more than 1.5 year and last month I got my Tier 1 (General) Migrant (HSMP) visa. My wife is going to apply for a dependant visa this Thrusday from Bangladesh.

Now, according to the link above I need to have at least £4400 but I thought it was just £1600. Please would someone please clarify.

Another question: My father-in-law is willing to act as a guarantor (2nd sponsor) is that in any way going to help?

Please let me know what I should do.

Regards

letmec2006

Hi

Post by letmec2006 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:34 pm

meats wrote:
smfrrajan wrote:Hi

Cheers

Francis
Plus the £800 for you.
I applied for my son in Chennai VFS showed only £533 got visa through no problem. That too in 2 days.

getusama
Newly Registered

Post by getusama » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:37 pm

Thanks for the reply