ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA1 Certificate problems

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Meggi_83
Newly Registered

EEA1 Certificate problems

Post by Meggi_83 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:19 pm

Dear All,

I am from Poland, been living in the UK over 5 yrs. At present I am a full time studend of undergraudate course, Febryary entry so that's my 2nd semester of 1st year. I have submitted application for the EEA1 Registration Certifivate as a student. I sent the enrolment letter confirming continuisly eduation till 2012, copy of scholarship as well as bank statements to prove that I have taken a student loan.
I received a letter that my application requires additional supporting documents in the following area : Evidence of Exercising Treaty Rights in the UK.
Can anyone explain to me what do they need, what kind of documents do I have to provide in order to get the EEA1 Cert ?
If I apply as a student what else do i need to submit?

I would be really appreciate for a reply with some information.

thanks

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:25 pm

If I apply as a student what else do i need to submit?
Personally I think .... nothing! I think you have submitted quite enough to show that you are exercising your EU Treaty Rights in the UK as a student.

Ah, unless they are talking about comprehensive sickness insurance. Did you submit anything about that?
John

Meggi_83
Newly Registered

Post by Meggi_83 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:41 pm

with that letter, I have received a Guidance note, it says something about comprehensive sickness insurance, I have not sent anything relating to it so problaby that's the problem. To be honest, I do not have a clue what is 'comprehensive sickness insurance' so don't know what they want. I went to the CAB to ask what is it but the advisor simply did not know.
Can you please tell me how to get it? I have NI, what else is missing ?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:01 am

Perhaps you should be applying on EEA3 rather than EEA 1 as you have been in the UK for a continuous period of 5 years already.

What have you been doing over those 5 years, were you working, Self-Sufficient , Self-Employed or Student. Have you P60 covering those period, course certificate or reports from school or college stating start and end of course, have you got Private medical Insurance and bank statements covering those periods.

If working, were you registered under the Workers Registeration Scheme.

If you have those evidence, i will strongly suggest you apply on form EEA 3 rather than EEA 1
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Meggi_83
Newly Registered

Post by Meggi_83 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:20 am

Do I not have to fistly apply for the EEA1 and the for the EEA3 ?

I do have P60s from year 2006 up to 2009 so in total is 4 years, before 2005 I was working illegaly. Another thing is that I do have registered in the Home Office but my registration was only for 10 months, then I changed my job and my new employer had not registered me for the second time.

I already have attended an appoitment for the EEA1 cert as a worker at HO Croydon branch and was told that have to register once again and work 12 mnths. My mistake was that I did not pay any attention and not mention my employer to register again, 2 yrs gone for nothing.

So this time I have tried to apply for a EEA1 as a student, and was refused cos I did not sent anything relating to the 'comprehensive sickneess insurance', the thing is I do not know what is 'comprehensive sickneess insurance' so asking for some help with it.

Iira

Post by Iira » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:42 am

Meggi_83 wrote:I do not know what is 'comprehensive sickneess insurance' so asking for some help with it.
Hi, I'm in the same situation with form EEA4. I also couldn't understand the meaning...
I posted what "comprehensive sickness insurance" means. Please have a look:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=46826
I hope it's helpful...

Meggi_83
Newly Registered

Post by Meggi_83 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:46 pm

To Ira,
Thank you for your reply, it was very useful. I have sent an email to the HO in order to explain to me what exactly do they want me to send not be rejeted for the 3rd time.

regards

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:07 pm

Meggi_83,

You are not an EEA national with the right of residence, so you should not be using form EEA1.

You are an EEA national with the right of permanent residence, so you should be using form EEA3.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

Meggi_83
Newly Registered

Post by Meggi_83 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:21 pm

ok,
but is not necessary to get a EEA1 certificate first and than apply for the EEA3 ?

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:24 pm

Meggi_83 wrote:ok,
but is not necessary to get a EEA1 certificate first and than apply for the EEA3 ?
No. You can apply directly using EEA3.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

Meggi_83
Newly Registered

Post by Meggi_83 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:51 pm

ok, thank you so much for a reply

djabea
Algeria

Post by djabea » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:23 pm

hi there
my wife is polish and she is in uk since 4 years now we maried in this year january
she have WRS and we dont know what to do
i can do familly permit or we msut wait that she have EEA1??to prouve her trity rights
im waiting for answer thanks