ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bpandrate

ILR

Post by bpandrate » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:02 am

Dear All,

I am in a bit worried situation, please help me in advising what to do in my case.
I am on 5yr work permit visa.
My visa issued on 03june 2005, expires on 03june 2010.
I came to U.K on this visa on 1st of July 2005,
Now am short of 27 days to complete 5yrs, in this case when can i apply for my ILR?
What preccoustion should i take in this matter
Pls do help me and thanks in advance
Regrads

z.yas
Newly Registered

Post by z.yas » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:02 am

Per UKBIA website -

"... Please do not send us your application more than 28 days before the end of your qualifying period. However, you must make your application before your current permission to stay in the United Kingdom expires."

Based on this and if I am not mistaken with the numbers, then you only have 3 June 2010 (last day of your authorised stay) to apply for the ILR. I would do this in person and aim to get an appointment for this day, or let a solicitor do this on my behalf if I was you. Good luck!

bpandrate

Post by bpandrate » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:32 pm

Thank you Z.Yas,for the clarification.As i read this fourm here i understand that getting same day appointment is something like "miracle"
so if i go to solicitor , do you think he/she can get me same day appt..
can they take entire responsibilty on getting S/D appt..on behalf of me???

thank you again for ur valuble advise..
Regards

z.yas
Newly Registered

Post by z.yas » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:52 pm

They shold be able to. However, it's probably early for you to book any apoointment now - so why not wait and see how the online booking system goes over the next few months.

bpandrate

Post by bpandrate » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:07 pm

Thank you again Z.Yas
Pls could you also tell me answer for my another post on this forum. i just pasted below pls.

This is an intresting page where people share their views, experinces and ideas..thanks too for that.
My question is that can apply for ILR,my residence history briefly goes here
I came to uk on 1st Jan 2005 on 1yr work permit called SBS(sector based scheme)than i switched to 5yr W.P visa for this i had to go back to my home country and re entered on 1st July 2005.
So in my first 1yr visa i spent 5mnt in U.K , Can i add this to my current period to make 5yr stay, so that am abel to apply for ILR on December hopfully.
Pls answer me any one who knows any thing about this..Pls
Thanks in advance to every one

z.yas
Newly Registered

Post by z.yas » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:51 am

bpandrate wrote:Thank you again Z.Yas
Pls could you also tell me answer for my another post on this forum. i just pasted below pls.

This is an intresting page where people share their views, experinces and ideas..thanks too for that.
My question is that can apply for ILR,my residence history briefly goes here
I came to uk on 1st Jan 2005 on 1yr work permit called SBS(sector based scheme)than i switched to 5yr W.P visa for this i had to go back to my home country and re entered on 1st July 2005.
So in my first 1yr visa i spent 5mnt in U.K , Can i add this to my current period to make 5yr stay, so that am abel to apply for ILR on December hopfully.
Pls answer me any one who knows any thing about this..Pls
Thanks in advance to every one

I'd leave this to experts to give you a firm answer, however, based on my limited knowledge from other posts on this forum, I think your qualifying period started on 1 July 2005.