ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

racingfire

Post by racingfire » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:41 am

Hi troyguy21,

In how many days exactly you received the passports of your kids.

Thanks

troyguy21 wrote:Thanks for the update. I will be travelling out of the country with my family next week. We have collected our certificates but are yet to apply for passport. Though I applied for a one-week fast track for my child and I've received the passport. We'll be returning back to the country on ILR but I plan to carry a copy of our certificate just in case.

Thanks

racingfire wrote:Hi troyguy21,

I called HO and speak to them about this issue, they gave me number for nationality department, i told them that, i have already spoken to them and they refered me towards your department. They said we cannot guarantee but hope so there will be no problem in it, its all depend on Immigration officer but there is no reason to decline entry on ILR, hope so there will be no problem that if you will come back on your ILR.

I am still waiting for my letter :( :( :( , hope so soon i will get it.
troyguy21 wrote: Racingfire did you speak to the immigration team and any update please?

racingfire

Post by racingfire » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:47 pm

Update

Hello guys,

Just want to share this good news with all of you that i have received my letter today and my case has been approved :D :D :D :D :D

I am so happy to see this letter, Thanks GOD, atlast after a long wait i got it, i am now waiting for invitation letter, do you guys know normally how long it take to receive invitation letter or can i go for my ceremony with this letter?

I want to thank all of you guys for your support and help in this tough waiting time, and i hope so other members who are waiting for thier results they will receive good news soon.

Thanks all of you.

sidster007

Post by sidster007 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:05 pm

Racingfire congratulations !! really pleased for you mate. Hope this relieves the stress of the past few weeks. The process is really stressful and agonising.

I only got one letter from the HO which said that my application had been approved and that I should contact my local council (details were mentioned in the letter) within 14 days to arrange a ceremony within 3 months.

Good luck and now enjoy

taliska

Post by taliska » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:11 pm

CONGRATS racingfire. the letter from the council came about a week after my approval letter. You can call the council to ask them when the ceremonies are in light of your approval. My council only did ceremonies once per month and I didn't want to pay any more money than i have already in these processes so will be getting my ceremony on the 19th. But from what i have read many other councils have almost weekly ceremonies

racingfire

Post by racingfire » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:15 pm

Thanks Sid and Taliska, that was really a stressful time , now i am more relaxed.

Sid, so its mean you did not receive any invitation (2nd) letter from HO, i am waiting for monday then i will call my council that if they will agree to do ceremony on HO approval letter.

sidster007 wrote:Racingfire congratulations !! really pleased for you mate. Hope this relieves the stress of the past few weeks. The process is really stressful and agonising.

I only got one letter from the HO which said that my application had been approved and that I should contact my local council (details were mentioned in the letter) within 14 days to arrange a ceremony within 3 months.

Good luck and now enjoy

sidster007

Post by sidster007 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:26 pm

Racing fire you should be able to do the ceremony with the approval letter. Phone your local council and ask.

racingfire

Post by racingfire » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:32 pm

Thanks Sid,

I will give them a ring on Monday, hope they will understand.

sidster007 wrote:Racing fire you should be able to do the ceremony with the approval letter. Phone your local council and ask.

bechir

Post by bechir » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:05 pm

Racingfire CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS very pleased for you :):):)
racingfire wrote:Update

Hello guys,

Just want to share this good news with all of you that i have received my letter today and my case has been approved :D :D :D :D :D

I am so happy to see this letter, Thanks GOD, atlast after a long wait i got it, i am now waiting for invitation letter, do you guys know normally how long it take to receive invitation letter or can i go for my ceremony with this letter?

I want to thank all of you guys for your support and help in this tough waiting time, and i hope so other members who are waiting for thier results they will receive good news soon.

Thanks all of you.

bechir

update

Post by bechir » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:09 pm

update
the stress of the passport has started:
today i received a letter from ips :

Letter from the passport office:

In order to fight the increasing threat of identity fraud, we need to verify the information provided on the passport application form. To do this we need to know where you have lived over a period of time.

To confirm this, please provide one or more letters on business headed paper addressed to the identity and passport service from one of the following:

- Your bank or building society
- Your employer
- Your landlord or mortgage company
- Your school, university or education authority
- The Department of Work and Pensions
- Your dentist, or only if absolutely necessary, your GP (We ask that you do not trouble your doctor for non-medical reasons if it can be avoided.)
- A Commanding Officer (if you are a member of HM Forces).

The letter must confirm that you have been known to them between november 2006 and november 2009. They must also confirm your current address and all previous addresses known to the organization. Or you may provide evidence such as tenancy agreement that show you were resident between the above dates.

If you provide a letter from your bank, building society, Mortgage Company or local authority the letter must also confirm that you have held an active account throughout this period (i.e. it should have been in use the whole time). If you have been resident abroad please forward the passport used for travel.

Please note we will not accept a bank statement or utilities bill as suitable confirmation.

bechir

Post by bechir » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:16 pm

i rushed to the post office like idiot and posted a letter from employer and letter from gp now when i back home i relise when u turn the letter you must signed and dated and send it with the supporting letters is real nightmare this .

sidster007

Post by sidster007 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:07 pm

That's horrible to hear Bechir ! surely these IPS people should be able to link into the HO database and get whatever information they need as these "tests" would have been done by the HO before granting approval for naturalization. Also why can't they check with various external agencies- local council, credit reference agencies like experian to authenticate your identity.
Frankly I don't understand why they need this ..esp after you have been through the whole ILR and naturalization process with the HO !

Do they send these requests to everyone now? one of my friends who got his passport in June this year didn't get any such letter...this makes me worried as I need my passport by the end of the first week of December to get an Indian visa for travel over Christmas.

Good luck and keep us posted.

sidster007

Post by sidster007 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:09 pm

Bechir just out of interest have you over the past three years lived at an address where-
1) your name was not on the tenancy agreement
2) you did not directly pay council tax to local council
3) were not on the electoral roll?

If the answer is yes then that might explain the letter.

bechir

Post by bechir » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:29 pm

hi sid
yes iam not on the electoral roll since iam not comenwealth or eu national so i cannot vote, but i was accpecting this letter any way and even got the gp and employer letter before there asked for them, the problem the same letter that came it must be signed and resend back with those letter what i did i send each seperated first class so hope there get there together.
andi will call monday and tell them that by mistake i forgot to include there letter and i sendit inseperated letter.
sidster007 wrote:Bechir just out of interest have you over the past three years lived at an address where-
1) your name was not on the tenancy agreement
2) you did not directly pay council tax to local council
3) were not on the electoral roll?

If the answer is yes then that might explain the letter.

bechir

Post by bechir » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:43 pm

sid every one who is not in the vote list will get this letter so for any one want to know if he/her will receive this letter a quick credit check online will tell you if you are on the list or not as the ips will see what you see in my case i have no credit no loans not in the voting list so there did ask.
sidster007 wrote:That's horrible to hear Bechir ! surely these IPS people should be able to link into the HO database and get whatever information they need as these "tests" would have been done by the HO before granting approval for naturalization. Also why can't they check with various external agencies- local council, credit reference agencies like experian to authenticate your identity.
Frankly I don't understand why they need this ..esp after you have been through the whole ILR and naturalization process with the HO !

Do they send these requests to everyone now? one of my friends who got his passport in June this year didn't get any such letter...this makes me worried as I need my passport by the end of the first week of December to get an Indian visa for travel over Christmas.

Good luck and keep us posted.

alina76

Post by alina76 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:53 am

[quote="racingfire"]Thanks Sid and Taliska, that was really a stressful time , now i am more relaxed.

Sid, so its mean you did not receive any invitation (2nd) letter from HO, i am waiting for monday then i will call my council that if they will agree to do ceremony on HO approval letter.

Hi racingfire,

congratulations on your approval. In my case I got approval letter and then after 8 days I had an Invitation letter. My council was not willing to book my ceremony without invitation letter (even with the approval letter). so it really depends on the council. approval letter just says that you application has been approved etc. Invitation letter asks you to contact your council within 14 days(it includes council name,address and concerned person name as well).

sometime HO only send the invitation letter and sometime they send both approval and invitation letter. The letter you had seems to me is an approval letter so you have to wait for your invitation letter for a week or so. ask your council if they are happy to arrange ceremony without invitation letter.
hope it helps.

racingfire

Post by racingfire » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:16 am

Hi Alina76,

Thanks, i am really very relaxed after getting my approval. Yes you are right that is a approval letter, they have mentioned in letter that

" This is not a Invitation letter, you will receive your inviation letter separetly, so please do not contact your local council until you will receive your invitation letter"

I think so might be my council will not agree to do ceremony without inviation letter , but i will give a try on monday, because i have some travel plan coming weeks.

Thanks for you help.
alina76 wrote:
Hi racingfire,

congratulations on your approval. In my case I got approval letter and then after 8 days I had an Invitation letter. My council was not willing to book my ceremony without invitation letter (even with the approval letter). so it really depends on the council. approval letter just says that you application has been approved etc. Invitation letter asks you to contact your council within 14 days(it includes council name,address and concerned person name as well).

sometime HO only send the invitation letter and sometime they send both approval and invitation letter. The letter you had seems to me is an approval letter so you have to wait for your invitation letter for a week or so. ask your council if they are happy to arrange ceremony without invitation letter.
hope it helps.

troyguy21

Post by troyguy21 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:35 pm

Why can't he call his council before receiving an invitation letter?

As for me, I contacted my council immediately I received my approval letter from HO and thank God I did. They said they were yet to send out my invitation letter which was to take place on 21st Nov. Meanwhile I would have travelled out of the country before that date so I asked for a private ceremony should there be a closer date. The available date was the next day which I accepted. I was then told it would not be necessary for them to send out my invitation.

So I had my ceremony the next day I received my approval letter from HO without an invitation letter. Imagine if I was waiting for an invitation letter from my council. Imagine if I had not call them that same day, then the next day appointment for ceremony would have gone away.

The letter says we should contact our council to arrange the ceremony within 14 days. It never says we should wait for the council to send an invitation letter.

racingfire wrote:Hi Alina76,

Thanks, i am really very relaxed after getting my approval. Yes you are right that is a approval letter, they have mentioned in letter that

" This is not a Invitation letter, you will receive your inviation letter separetly, so please do not contact your local council until you will receive your invitation letter"

I think so might be my council will not agree to do ceremony without inviation letter , but i will give a try on monday, because i have some travel plan coming weeks.

Thanks for you help.
alina76 wrote:
Hi racingfire,

hope it helps.

alina76

Post by alina76 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:43 pm

@ troyguy21,

I was not talking about "invitation letter" from COUNCIL. I was reffering to the "invitation letter" from HO. it seems to me from your post you had only one letter from HO which was your invitation letter from HO.(in which they ask you to contact council etc.) As I said in my earlier post sometime HO send 2 different letters 1. Approval letter 2. Invitation letter which I had and which racingfire has now.

read again my post and you might get it this time what I was talking about.

@racingfire,
dont get confused about this invitation letter from COUNCIL and HO. simply make a call to your council and ask them if they are ok to arrange ceremony with this letter. Do tell them that you have approval letter from HO not an invitation letter.

troyguy21 wrote:Why can't he call his council before receiving an invitation letter?

As for me, I contacted my council immediately I received my approval letter from HO and thank God I did. They said they were yet to send out my invitation letter which was to take place on 21st Nov. Meanwhile I would have travelled out of the country before that date so I asked for a private ceremony should there be a closer date. The available date was the next day which I accepted. I was then told it would not be necessary for them to send out my invitation.

So I had my ceremony the next day I received my approval letter from HO without an invitation letter. Imagine if I was waiting for an invitation letter from my council. Imagine if I had not call them that same day, then the next day appointment for ceremony would have gone away.

The letter says we should contact our council to arrange the ceremony within 14 days. It never says we should wait for the council to send an invitation letter.

racingfire wrote:Hi Alina76,

Thanks for you help.
alina76 wrote:
Hi racingfire,

hope it helps.

getnoticed
Newly Registered

Post by getnoticed » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:09 pm

Thanks all for your responses re: travel query

Update:
NCS or Postal: NCS
If NCS, which centre: Harrow
Date of submission or posting: 30 Oct 2009
CRITERIA - Ancestry (5 yrs + ILR)
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 03 Nov 2009
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 13 Nov 2009
Date of receipt of approval:
Date of Ceremony:
Date of passport application:
Method used: Check and Send
Date of Receipt of Documents:
Date of passport interview:
Date of Receipt of Passport:

troyguy21

Post by troyguy21 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:21 pm

Sorry I did not reply to this on time. I actually did one-week fast track passport application for my child. I called IPS on Sunday, book an appointment for next day Monday and received my child passport on Thursday. It was all within a week.

In how many days exactly you received the passports of your kids.

Thanks

troyguy21 wrote:Thanks for the update. I will be travelling out of the country with my family next week. We have collected our certificates but are yet to apply for passport. Though I applied for a one-week fast track for my child and I've received the passport. We'll be returning back to the country on ILR but I plan to carry a copy of our certificate just in case.

Thanks

I called HO and speak to them about this issue, they gave me number for nationality department, i told them that, i have already spoken to them and they refered me towards your department. They said we cannot guarantee but hope so there will be no problem in it, its all depend on Immigration officer but there is no reason to decline entry on ILR, hope so there will be no problem that if you will come back on your ILR.

I am still waiting for my letter :( :( :( , hope so soon i will get it.
troyguy21 wrote: Racingfire did you speak to the immigration team and any update please?

tonyz
Newly Registered

Post by tonyz » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:55 pm

racingfire,

congratulations !! really very happy for you . The process is really stressful.

regards

incognito
Newly Registered

Post by incognito » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:02 pm

Congratulations racingfire. I know your wait has really been agonising. Glad its finally over.

Irshian
Newly Registered

Post by Irshian » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:44 pm

Criteria: fulfilled 1 year of PR (after 5 years of HSMP)
Date of submission or posting : 19-Sept-09 (NCS - London Southwark)
Date of debit of debit/credit card : 23-Sept-09
Date of receipt of acknowledgement : 28-Sept-2009
Date of receipt of approval from HO : 12-Sept-2009
It took less than 3 weeks!!!!!
I booked my citizenship ceremony now.

yarons

Post by yarons » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:05 pm

I am considering to apply for naturalisation through an immigration consultancy firm. The reason behind this logic is that my company may be willing to sponsor my application if I use this firm they're working with. Comfort is also a consideration.

I have contacted the consultancy regarding time frames and they gave me the usual 6 months quote you get from HO but did mention that they see many of their cases getting process within 3-4 months.

By seeing the latest processing times in this forum I find 3-4 months to be exceptionally long and wondering whether he was just being cautious or HO takes longer to process applications from consultancies as they suspect the case would be more complex?
Opinions from this wise and experienced forum would be greatly appreciated.

Y

taliska

Post by taliska » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:40 pm

yarons wrote:I am considering to apply for naturalisation through an immigration consultancy firm. The reason behind this logic is that my company may be willing to sponsor my application if I use this firm they're working with. Comfort is also a consideration.
I don't get it...What are you talking about applying for naturalisation and your company sponsoring you? It's either yopu qualify for Naturalisation(which means you get British Citizenship) or you don't. No company needs to sponsor you for Citizenship. Are you getting Citizenship/Naturalisation confused with Work Permit/HSMP? Or necessity for showing continuing employment when applying for settlement also known as Indefinite Leave to Remain(ILR). Please give more details