ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

is online nikah valid

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bastagol
Newly Registered

is online nikah valid

Post by bastagol » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:21 pm

Hi all

I am from pakistan, and have post study work uk visa of two years and i want to apply uk visa of my fience.
My question is can i do online nikah, as i am in uk, and apply for her visa so that when i go back to pakistan to marry her, we can come back to uk together if she is granted visa.

so will the uk embassy accept online nikah?

any help will be hightly appreciated

basta

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:36 pm

No.

Here is reason
3.2. Telephone marriages
The formal validity of a telephone marriage is to be determined according to the laws of the countries in which both parties are physically present when the marriage takes place. Therefore, a telephone marriage celebrated whilst one of the parties is in the United Kingdom will not be valid as telephone marriages are not valid in this country.
In cases where the UK based sponsor was overseas when a telephone marriage took place and the laws of both countries recognise such marriages, we cannot deny that the marriage is valid. Enquiries about the marriage laws of other countries may be referred to Section 1 of INPD.