ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:25 am

nanette wrote:Any updates for the 2007 ?
Has anyone received any news since their file has been at the minister ?

Nana
I know atleast 3 of my friends who applied in 2007 and all have received their approval in the last week.

IrlNational2009
Newly Registered

Post by IrlNational2009 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:26 am

Hi all, Just got this long awaited "Approval Letter" in this brown envelop by normal post. So one more 06ers out of the queue. Applied in April 06 and Additional Documents were submitted in Oct 08.

Patience is the key. Make sure you update the department with all the required documents. Wish you all the best

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:31 am

IrlNational2009 wrote:Hi all, Just got this long awaited "Approval Letter" in this brown envelop by normal post. So one more 06ers out of the queue. Applied in April 06 and Additional Documents were submitted in Oct 08.

Patience is the key. Make sure you update the department with all the required documents. Wish you all the best
Congrats IrlNational2009. Another one off the list.
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

crown

Post by crown » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:18 pm

IrlNational2009 wrote:Hi all, Just got this long awaited "Approval Letter" in this brown envelop by normal post. So one more 06ers out of the queue. Applied in April 06 and Additional Documents were submitted in Oct 08.

Congrats
You are off the hook - one by one we will all be
Crown

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:38 pm

Congrats IrlNational2009!! :)

I just want to remind and encourage everybody to continue updating scrudu's spreadsheet.

Thanks,
LP

Deception-shy

Post by Deception-shy » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:23 pm

Aloha wrote:Thanks all.

Regarding Garda check duration, for me, it was 6m on April. Don't know when it actually completed from then.

Been otherwise wondering whether the no. of addresses in the country is a factor. I've had 3 addr during that period and have lived abroad in between for one year (though i was in Ireland on a near-weekly basis and they know that.... Garda had a note in their syst when i permanently returned).

In a previous post I was saying a Garda told me he believes they key in the names in a system and get the reports. I however would like to think there is more into it:

a) their environments are not all it is not all electronic, though in places to some extend

b) With the no. of applications/backlog we understand and if the Garda stations don't always have enough resources on this, you could understand it taking that easy 6 months in avg.

Those here who live outside Dublin have perhaps experienced Garda stations where only a small section, or no. of Gardai, is dedicated --and perhaps only on given days-hours-- time for immigration matters such as GNIB renewal etc. And think about any of your [even partially] paper based working places where things are pilled up.... you get the picture! And when the report get back to Tip it perhaps queues again in buckets. Yet, people are indeed working on the files but can't go faster --if doing it fast is a requirement.

Not to speculate here but perhaps the 6m they take are just with things how they are. I also understand your question is "how long it takes" not "why it takes so long". Wanted to however leave these thoughts.

Take care

Thanks for your time ALOHA.

I have as many as 8 addresses mentioned on my naturalization application and I guess thats the primary reason for the delay.
But practically it shoudn't take that long, if anybody wanted to know any tickets or summons raised on any person in ireland would take just one phone call, and I dont understand how this system is working for Naturalization. In my case, they applied for Garda report in Oct-2008 and after one year, ie in Oct-2009, they sent the reminder. I'm sure it would take another 6 months (Minumum) to get this report if I'm lucky otherwise, it might take another one year.

There is nothing in our hands and I dont any reason by calling them to find out the status, coz they cant quicken the process and all they say is what is mentioned on their desktops.

Thanks once again Aloha - Good lucks guys

HSE

At Last!!!

Post by HSE » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:25 pm

Hi Folks,
Atlast today when i was at work Mrs called that a letter has arrived Finally!!
applied on 30th november 2005.
ask for birth affidavit in june 08, garda report took one year or near one year i guess since sept 08 till aug. sent few more docs myself in oct 09 when they asked soem docs for mrs as they are processing my mrs file as well who is 6 months behind in applying(june 2006). so hoping to receive her letter soon as well.

To all the people of 05 and 06. good luck and for 07 n 08. good luck n a bit patience, no need for being anxious coz it will come with time. :))

take care all of u .

Deception-shy

Re: At Last!!!

Post by Deception-shy » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:06 pm

HSE wrote:Hi Folks,
ask for birth affidavit in june 08, garda report took one year or near one year i guess since sept 08 till aug. sent few more docs myself in oct 09 when they asked soem docs for mrs as they are processing my mrs file as well who is 6 months behind in applying(june 2006). so hoping to receive her letter soon as well.

To all the people of 05 and 06. good luck and for 07 n 08. good luck n a bit patience, no need for being anxious coz it will come with time. :))

take care all of u .

Hey HSE, congratulations !!

I'm sure your worries would be one less from tomorrow ...Enjoy

sideshowsue

Post by sideshowsue » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:36 pm

Wow! Congratulations, HSE! Great news!

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:37 pm

HSE congratulations. I guess that's the end of your troubles :)

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:46 pm

Congrats! HSE Delighted for you

9j

HSE

Post by HSE » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:23 pm

Thanks a million guys. Thanks for all the wishes....

court appt came for 10th dec in dub west. dont know any other courts taking it earlier, any advice in that regard.
i think now i am well use to wait. 20 days is i guess is much lesser than 4 years . [/i]

crown

Post by crown » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:48 pm

take care all of u .
Great! Congrats
Crown

exchangeboy
Newly Registered

Post by exchangeboy » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:00 pm

hi all,

i have received my approval today in normal post. best of luck to everyone!

regards

EBS

Post by EBS » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:07 pm

take care all of u .
Great !! Congratulations HSE!! delighted for you !!! Long way you've gone through!!!!

i m still waiting for Cert, sent all docs on 21 Oct 09, hope before Christmas all this nightmare will finish.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:24 am

exchangeboy wrote:hi all,

regards
Congrats exchange boy. The list is getting shorter by the day.

crown

Post by crown » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:07 pm

exchangeboy wrote:hi all,

regards
Xchangeboy
Congrats
We will all leave this nightmarish queue
Crown

boxer
Newly Registered

Post by boxer » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:43 am

congrats to all of you those who have received the letters

boxer
Newly Registered

Post by boxer » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:57 am

Hi, I have received my final approval letter on Nov 5.

Applied in Sep 27, 2007

Affidavits were asked in March 2009

hello HSE congrats and why don't you try in Tullamore District Court because I got the appointment within 5 days.

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:41 pm

Hi all,

I received my approval today 27-Nov 2009

Here are my details:

Applied in Aug 2007
Additional docs in Feb 2009
Approval today

Good luck to you all

Nana (The Girl to Bitch)

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:07 pm

nanette wrote:Hi all,

I received my approval today 27-Nov 2009

Here are my details:

Applied in Aug 2007
Additional docs in Feb 2009
Approval today

Good luck to you all

Nana (The Girl to Bitch)
Hey Nanette! Congratulations. That's some good news. Well done. Now your news has raised my anticipation .

9j :wink:

Plastic_paddy
Newly Registered

Revocation

Post by Plastic_paddy » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:05 am

Ok this has been covered before I am sure....BUT

I have received my certificate of naturalisation. Of course there had to be a catch. Now this is regardling this leaving the country for 7 years without registering with the Irish embassy to indicate that you wish to keep the citizenship. Apparently the citizenship can be revoked!

But this does NOT apply if you naturalise via Irish descent or associations. They can leave and never come back and not worry...

Is no one else offended by this? So even NOW there is a different class of Irish citizenship?

I have NO intention of leaving but I am European now after all and I would like the OPTION of moving to another EU country should I desire to at some stage just like any other EU citizen. The EU provides for the unobstructed movement of people so is this even legal?

Now I think there has yet to be a case of revocation of citizenship under this strange act. BUT just the same if I ever wanted to leave to move to the continent I don't want this hanging over me...

Any advice or info?

nanette
Member of Standing

Re: Revocation

Post by nanette » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:00 am

Plastic_paddy wrote:Ok this has been covered before I am sure....BUT

I have received my certificate of naturalisation. Of course there had to be a catch. Now this is regardling this leaving the country for 7 years without registering with the Irish embassy to indicate that you wish to keep the citizenship. Apparently the citizenship can be revoked!

But this does NOT apply if you naturalise via Irish descent or associations. They can leave and never come back and not worry...

Is no one else offended by this? So even NOW there is a different class of Irish citizenship?

I have NO intention of leaving but I am European now after all and I would like the OPTION of moving to another EU country should I desire to at some stage just like any other EU citizen. The EU provides for the unobstructed movement of people so is this even legal?

Now I think there has yet to be a case of revocation of citizenship under this strange act. BUT just the same if I ever wanted to leave to move to the continent I don't want this hanging over me...

Any advice or info?

Just try it....:)-

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:17 pm

Just a request reminder. Would you folks who are on this Citizenship thread, mind either adding/updating your details at http://www.editgrid.com/user/scrudu/citizenship_apps ?. It's an easy way to keep track of how long it's taking people to actually get citizenship without having to trawl through 100's of pages of this thread.

If you haven't added your details already, then just scroll down to the end and add your details on a new row. Pseudonyms are fine. Much appreciated!

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:21 pm

Congratulations to exchangeboy, HSE, boxer, nanette!!!