ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

how soon should spouse get dep visa to apply for ILR with me

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

reachme20081
Newly Registered

how soon should spouse get dep visa to apply for ILR with me

Post by reachme20081 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:36 pm

Hi

I am due to get ILR in next 3 months through tier 2 route. I want my wife to apply for ILR with me as my dependent. But till now she has been on a separate visa i.e. Tier1. How soon should she switch to dependent visa to be able to apply for ILR with me.

Secondly, currently she is in India. Will it be ok if she gets a dependent visa there and then comes to UK just a few days before we apply for ILR.

Some one please reply

Many Thanks

m_man1

WORK PERMIT TO ILR DEPENDENT STATUS CHANGE NECESSARY/NOT?

Post by m_man1 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:56 pm

hi guys,

My wife recently got a dependent visa on work permit,VALID UNTILL 6.2012 i have a situation here i am going to apply for my ILR in a MONTH so the situation is,

do i need to reapply/CHANGE STATUS for my wifes dependant visa again,

if yes , i will be getting my ILR in december can i travel and get her back in next year as she lives abroad,and if i get her will there be any issues at immigration as she applied as my dependent on work permit and now i have an ILR

please help....

also if i dont do my ILR now and wait for her to join me here and then do my ILR and include her as my dependent will she have to change her status again to an ILR dependent rather than work permit dependent

reachme20081
Newly Registered

Reply to your questions

Post by reachme20081 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:48 pm

Hi m_man1

There are two questions in your post. Here is the reply to your queries

Situation One : If you alone apply for ILR
Answer : If you get ILR then your wife has to switch to ILR dependent before coming here again. Then when she applies for ILR after the qualifying period then she has to pay full fees again. Not good!!

Situation 2: If you apply for ILR keeping your wife as dependent
Answere : Your wife will also get an ILR at the cost of just 50 pounds more. This seems to be a better option economically as well as otherwise if you can manage this one.

m_man1

Post by m_man1 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:44 pm

thank you very much for u r reply ....

i think the option 2 is better being economical and sensible...
well does that mean that she has to write life uk and also does she need to take any english test ...i m not sure whether she has to do 1 or she has to do both ....

thanks again bn a gr8 help mate

reachme20081
Newly Registered

Life in UK test is sufficient

Post by reachme20081 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:01 pm

Hi

Life in UK test in english is sufficient.
m_man1 wrote:thank you very much for u r reply ....

i think the option 2 is better being economical and sensible...
well does that mean that she has to write life uk and also does she need to take any english test ...i m not sure whether she has to do 1 or she has to do both ....

thanks again bn a gr8 help mate

m_man1

Post by m_man1 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:42 am

thanks a lot again mate ,