ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Boy! Lots of Confusion !!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mno2uk

Boy! Lots of Confusion !!

Post by mno2uk » Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:45 pm

Thank you to all the members and especially the Seniors n Gurus..

My questions and help-needed areas are :

1. Age proof - passport under 28
Q: Is it the only passport is required for Age proof ? I went to a consultant who tells me that I should include all cert. from 10th class onwards and 10 th class cert. also has the DOB on it. Do I need to supplement the Passport with another proof as DOB? - like for earnings they say 2 proofs required.

2. Previous Earnings - Has been varied with increments (so is it ok to total last 12 months' figures ? - So if I do total for all consecutive 12 months and then convert it to pounds as (Total Sal/80(approx)*5.3) = 23k + pounds. It gets me 20 points.

Q: Do I need to include my salary increment letters and appraisals in original for the same? Will it strengthen my application ? When we say 12 month period its best to start of with the 1st of month till the last of last(12 th) month- yeah ?

Q: Another issue is I have got earnings for reimbursements for meals for night duty etc which although figure in the gross but not as "reimbursements" head. If i remove them I donot qualify for 20 points for earnings. Should I let it stay as it is and apply?

3. English language - My degree figures on the PBC and have a univ letter too and also an IELTS score card as well.

Q:Should I use IELTS score to strengthen my application? Is there any harm with using IELTS score card even if the univ is on the PBS calculator ?

4. Maintenance funds -

Q: I need help documenting this as I want to use FDs as well as liquid cash in my savings account.

> Now FDs 2 FDs for 1.5 lac have been in account for mroe than an year but a third one has been recently renewed, although ALL of them are older than 3 months( as per guidance). Would it be okay that way?

Q: How do I break it up into cash and FDs ? FDs have a deposit value and a realisable value - what should i use while breaking 2800 pounds into ?
ex. deposit value for 50k each FD - 1.5 lacs
realisable value 50k each FD lets say comes to 1.70 lacs ?!

Liquid cash - If I go by the notion it should not have fallen beyond a certain limit for the entire period of 3 months i can say its 2.20 lac(it was more than that on the 1st of the month but came down and never fell beyond that point) - Is this the correct way ? So using cash as well

> So this 2800(2,25,000 INR) should be - FDs for 1.5 lacs (or 1.70 lacs) + Liquid cash for balance 75k
> I can show more than 2800 pounds as well - is it necessary to stick to the figures? as the cash balance is more than that.

5. Bank Statements for 12 months on A4 ICICI bank letter headed paper thru bank on specific request ALSO stamped ( I think i can get that done)

and (soft copy- printed off) salary slips signed and stamped by Accounts manager; the stamp is company seal - Is that Okay ?

Q: There has been a change in the company insignia and i get soft salary slips, so the increment letters and appraisals have the old insignia - Should i bring it to the CW notice or stay mum ? I was thinking of using the website's newscast printed saying that there has been a change - Do you guys feel it would be okay to stay silent or tell them to be safe ?

6. Bank certificate for FDs and will try to get similar for cash balance(altho most banks say no as other ppl faced, dnt knw why :( )

Q: Is there a set language for these letters or certificates or the banks themselves have it ? Any samples would be helpful :)

7. I faced a rejection on prev. visa WHM category to UK but passport is not stamped "Rejected" . Is it safe to mention it ? I am worried the CW will be biased if there was a rejection earlier but then I feel, the case will be handled in the light of new documentation - any suggestions here ?

Your comments and suggestions ..are eagerly awaited :)

Thank you and God Bless you all .. :)

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Re: Boy! Lots of Confusion !!

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:07 pm

mno2uk wrote:Thank you to all the members and especially the Seniors n Gurus..

Q: Is it the only passport is required for Age proof ? I went to a consultant who tells me that I should include all cert. from 10th class onwards and 10 th class cert. also has the DOB on it. Do I need to supplement the Passport with another proof as DOB? - like for earnings they say 2 proofs required.

Passport is main documents you can add yr birth certificate and school certificate in support of claim

2. Previous Earnings - Has been varied with increments (so is it ok to total last 12 months' figures ? - So if I do total for all consecutive 12 months and then convert it to pounds as (Total Sal/80(approx)*5.3) = 23k + pounds. It gets me 20 points.

Q: Do I need to include my salary increment letters and appraisals in original for the same? Will it strengthen my application ? When we say 12 month period its best to start of with the 1st of month till the last of last(12 th) month- yeah ?

Q: Another issue is I have got earnings for reimbursements for meals for night duty etc which although figure in the gross but not as "reimbursements" head. If i remove them I donot qualify for 20 points for earnings. Should I let it stay as it is and apply?

if meal is included in gross than u should be fine

3. English language - My degree figures on the PBC and have a univ letter too and also an IELTS score card as well.

Q:Should I use IELTS score to strengthen my application? Is there any harm with using IELTS score card even if the univ is on the PBS calculator ?

there is nothing like strenthing - VALID IELTS OR YR degree whcih is on ukbia site will fetch u english pts

4. Maintenance funds -

Q: I need help documenting this as I want to use FDs as well as liquid cash in my savings account.

> Now FDs 2 FDs for 1.5 lac have been in account for mroe than an year but a third one has been recently renewed, although ALL of them are older than 3 months( as per guidance). Would it be okay that way?

Q: How do I break it up into cash and FDs ? FDs have a deposit value and a realisable value - what should i use while breaking 2800 pounds into ?

Liquid cash - If I go by the notion it should not have fallen beyond a certain limit for the entire period of 3 months i can say its 2.20 lac(it was more than that on the 1st of the month but came down and never fell beyond that point) - Is this the correct way ? So using cash as well

> So this 2800(2,25,000 INR) should be - FDs for 1.5 lacs (or 1.70 lacs) + Liquid cash for balance 75k
> I can show more than 2800 pounds as well - is it necessary to stick to the figures? as the cash balance is more than that.

TRICKY Area for you - take proper care in documentation otherwise EC can ignor some of savings and hassel to u

5. Bank Statements for 12 months on A4 ICICI bank letter headed paper thru bank on specific request ALSO stamped ( I think i can get that done)

and (soft copy- printed off) salary slips signed and stamped by Accounts manager; the stamp is company seal - Is that Okay ?

Q: There has been a change in the company insignia and i get soft salary slips, so the increment letters and appraisals have the old insignia - Should i bring it to the CW notice or stay mum ? I was thinking of using the website's newscast printed saying that there has been a change - Do you guys feel it would be okay to stay silent or tell them to be safe ?

6. Bank certificate for FDs and will try to get similar for cash balance(altho most banks say no as other ppl faced, dnt knw why :( )

Q: Is there a set language for these letters or certificates or the banks themselves have it ? Any samples would be helpful :)

7. I faced a rejection on prev. visa WHM category to UK but passport is not stamped "Rejected" . Is it safe to mention it ? I am worried the CW will be biased if there was a rejection earlier but then I feel, the case will be handled in the light of new documentation - any suggestions here ?

must mentione it otherwise u may bringing moretrouble for you

this will also affect or creat more work in yr savings for EC

mno2uk

Post by mno2uk » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:17 am

Thank u so much Sushil :)
Last edited by mno2uk on Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

mno2uk

Post by mno2uk » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:19 am

Thank u so much Sushil for answering some of them .. but there are still loose ends which i need to tie as i donot want to land into the web of consultants..so a bit more required..

I want to know what language can be used for documentation of my maintenance funds part..
Sushil-ACCA wrote:

Passport is main documents you can add yr birth certificate and school certificate in support of claim

there is nothing like strenthing - VALID IELTS OR YR degree whcih is on ukbia site will fetch u english pts

4. Maintenance funds -

TRICKY Area for you - take proper care in documentation otherwise EC can ignor some of savings and hassel to u

dima
Member of Standing

Post by dima » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:22 pm

mno2uk wrote:Thank u so much Sushil for answering some of them .. but there are still loose ends which i need to tie as i donot want to land into the web of consultants..so a bit more required..

I want to know what language can be used for documentation of my maintenance funds part..
Sushil-ACCA wrote:

4. Maintenance funds -

ENGLISH!! ofcourse!!!!!!!!!! koi shak??

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:32 pm

I have provided some sample templates which you can modify as per your needs. Check below link for the same.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=46010

mno2uk

Post by mno2uk » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:50 pm

chetanojha wrote:I have provided some sample templates which you can modify as per your needs. Check below link for the same.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=46010
Thanks Chetan..

More than anyone else I was expecting a reply from you. Please go through my queries once again and there are still open ends which Sushil missed..can you put your answers there if possible?

I have already seen the sample cover letters from that thread, my case is a bit tricky and those are extension applications while mine is an initial one.I have modified them for the rest items but the maintenance part i am still in a fix. bad part is people who have had such a situation if successful just vanish from this Forum; and should rather help their fellow sailors i guess..which is painful..

"Doodh ka jala paani bhi phoonk phoonk kar peeta hai ..bas kuch aisa hee hai" - thats the only reason why i am seeking advice from exp. people of your cadre as I want to hit the bulls eye this time around..

Thanks again..

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:19 pm

Q: Is it the only passport is required for Age proof ? I went to a consultant who tells me that I should include all cert. from 10th class onwards and 10 th class cert. also has the DOB on it. Do I need to supplement the Passport with another proof as DOB? - like for earnings they say 2 proofs required. First thing first. Dump this consultant as he is misguiding you. You are not applying for passport (even that I guess don't ask for 10th marksheet etc. nowadays). You will get all help you need for your application from this forum. Passport is enough to prove age. Check guidance if in doubt.

2. Previous Earnings - Has been varied with increments (so is it ok to total last 12 months' figures ? - So if I do total for all consecutive 12 months and then convert it to pounds as (Total Sal/80(approx)*5.3) = 23k + pounds. It gets me 20 points. That's fine. As far as your salary reflects in payslips+bank statements youn are fine.Make sure all your figures matches each other.

Q: Do I need to include my salary increment letters and appraisals in original for the same? Will it strengthen my application ? When we say 12 month period its best to start of with the 1st of month till the last of last(12 th) month- yeah ? It is the payslips months I would say. ;-)

Q: Another issue is I have got earnings for reimbursements for meals for night duty etc which although figure in the gross but not as "reimbursements" head. If i remove them I donot qualify for 20 points for earnings. Should I let it stay as it is and apply? If this amount is not included in your reimbursement head then leave it as it is. Do not mentioned reimbursement at all. Just keep it simple.

Q:Should I use IELTS score to strengthen my application? Is there any harm with using IELTS score card even if the univ is on the PBS calculator ? If PBS awards you points for English than you are good to go. For your peace of mind you can include IELTS letter (but not university as Uni letter should mentioned some XYZ equivalence(check guidance for the same).

4. Maintenance funds -

For FD take letter from your bank and also attach xerox copy of FD. Also ask bank to mention that these FD can be encashed anytime if required by you. Same goes for you cash amount as well. In the cover letter for maintenance funds(as i have provided in template) mention that you are using "combined sum" of both i.e. FD and Cash.

and (soft copy- printed off) salary slips signed and stamped by Accounts manager; the stamp is company seal - Is that Okay
? Yes that should be fine.

Q: There has been a change in the company insignia and i get soft salary slips, so the increment letters and appraisals have the old insignia - Should i bring it to the CW notice or stay mum ? I was thinking of using the website's newscast printed saying that there has been a change - Do you guys feel it would be okay to stay silent or tell them to be safe ? Don't even think to provide extra/additional documents. It may go against you.CW is not interested in your increments/promotions etc. All he is after whether your documents corroborate each other and also whether you qualify the creteria.

Q: Is there a set language for these letters or certificates or the banks themselves have it ? Any samples would be helpful :) I think if you search this forum you will get some templates on which you can work on.

I would recommend to declare it. Not declaring it will jeopardise your status for all future renewals/extensions etc. As long as you provide proper corroborative documents/evidences caseworker cannot be biased.If HO realised this sometime in future you might get banned for 10 straight years.

mno2uk

Post by mno2uk » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:15 pm

Thanks much the Guru! :)[/b]

mno2uk

Post by mno2uk » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:11 pm

chetanojha wrote:

Q: Is it the only passport is required for Age proof ? I went to a consultant who tells me that I should include all cert. from 10th class onwards and 10 th class cert. also has the DOB on it. Do I need to supplement the Passport with another proof as DOB? - like for earnings they say 2 proofs required. First thing first. Dump this consultant as he is misguiding you. You are not applying for passport (even that I guess don't ask for 10th marksheet etc. nowadays). You will get all help you need for your application from this forum. Passport is enough to prove age. Check guidance if in doubt.

Okay sure i will use jst the passport for age.

2. Previous Earnings - Has been varied with increments (so is it ok to total last 12 months' figures ? - So if I do total for all consecutive 12 months and then convert it to pounds as (Total Sal/80(approx)*5.3) = 23k + pounds. It gets me 20 points. That's fine. As far as your salary reflects in payslips+bank statements youn are fine.Make sure all your figures matches each other.

Yes, bank statements do match the amounts in salary slips.

Q: Do I need to include my salary increment letters and appraisals in original for the same? Will it strengthen my application ? When we say 12 month period its best to start of with the 1st of month till the last of last(12 th) month- yeah ? It is the payslips months I would say. ;-)

Okay Roger that!

Q: Another issue is I have got earnings for reimbursements for meals for night duty etc which although figure in the gross but not as "reimbursements" head. If i remove them I donot qualify for 20 points for earnings. Should I let it stay as it is and apply? If this amount is not included in your reimbursement head then leave it as it is. Do not mention reimbursement at all. Just keep it simple.

So what you mean to say is I should let the totals remain as it is for monthly salary- as if i remove those payments i fall short of 5 points.

Q:Should I use IELTS score to strengthen my application? Is there any harm with using IELTS score card even if the univ is on the PBS calculator ? If PBS awards you points for English than you are good to go. For your peace of mind you can include IELTS letter (but not university as Uni letter should mentioned some XYZ equivalence(check guidance for the same).

Okay I will use IELTS score + the degree itself figuring in PBS option.

4. Maintenance funds -

For FD take letter from your bank and also attach xerox copy of FD. Also ask bank to mention that these FD can be encashed anytime if required by you. Same goes for you cash amount as well. In the cover letter for maintenance funds(as i have provided in template) mention that you are using "combined sum" of both i.e. FD and Cash.

Umm sorry to say but the FDs are sent in as ORIGINAL ; I think the letter part can be managed and plus the breakup clarified in the cover letter somehow..

and (soft copy- printed off) salary slips signed and stamped by Accounts manager; the stamp is company seal - Is that Okay
?

Yes that should be fine. ok

Don't even think to provide extra/additional documents. It may go against you.CW is not interested in your increments/promotions etc. All he is after whether your documents corroborate each other and also whether you qualify the creteria.

okay so just cut to cut documentation- give the monkey what it asks for ?

I think if you search this forum you will get some templates on which you can work on. okay

I would recommend to declare it. Not declaring it will jeopardise your status for all future renewals/extensions etc. As long as you provide proper corroborative documents/evidences caseworker cannot be biased.If HO realised this sometime in future you might get banned for 10 straight years. okay, honesty as they say is the best policy! :)

umm .. and... :

1) Is there a To Address for initial application letter ?
2) Its the VAF 9 form March 2009 to be used and plus
the PBS self assessment form as well ? so TWO in total
3) Matt photos against white background etc - how many ? no place to paste them do they take it in a pouch or something ?
4) I read someplace we need to place a set of photocopies of all documents together with the application - is that required?
5) once someone gets a visa for it - can move on the next flight or some travel insurance etc is reqd too ?
6) Any specific manner of printing the form or should go to VFS n get it from there ? in black pen, capital letters
7) Are all original docs guaranteed to come back in safely - no risk is there when using VFS ?

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:41 pm

mno2uk wrote: 1) Is there a To Address for initial application letter ? It depends from where you are applying. If you are applying from India, you have to send to your nearest BHC(details should be on VFS website). If from UK, you have to send form+documents to Croydon address.
2) Its the VAF 9 form March 2009 to be used and plus the PBS self assessment form as well ? so TWO in total I will leave this question for other members as I never applied from India.
3) Matt photos against white background etc - how many ? no place to paste them do they take it in a pouch or something ? I think you have to clip the photographs in a pouch along with your form. Check photograph guidances for exact details.
4) I read someplace we need to place a set of photocopies of all documents together with the application - is that required? No. That is not an requirement. You can keep a set for your reference, just in case
5) once someone gets a visa for it - can move on the next flight or some travel insurance etc is reqd too ? You can fly as per the date mentioned on your visa stamp. Travel insurance is a personal choice.You can have it if you want. I never got one.
6) Any specific manner of printing the form or should go to VFS n get it from there ? in black pen, capital letters All forms contains guidelines as how to fill it. If you can electronically fill it, it is good. Else don't waste much time , take a printout and fill by black pen.Make sure you fill all details correct.
7) Are all original docs guaranteed to come back in safely - no risk is there when using VFS ? Good Questions. This is something even VFS/HO/BHC cannot answer but yes the intention is to send all documents back along with your visa+passport.Generally in India, BHC send documents back by Blue Dart courier(as far as i am aware), so chances of loosing documents are very rare. Whereas in UK, home office send document by signed delivery(which is neither trackable nor gauranteed :-( )

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:41 pm

WHAT a great thread for knowldge -

mno2uk

Post by mno2uk » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:54 am

Yes certainly a super great thread of knowledge..God bless you all!!

God bless you all and good luck to everyone applying :)

mno2uk

:)

Post by mno2uk » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:04 pm

Thanks all !
Last edited by mno2uk on Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

mno2uk

Post by mno2uk » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:00 am

A couple of them more ...

While filling out the VAF form .. have some queries :

1. Dates for duration of Study ? How can I enter exact dates for 3 year MCA course ? I know the months roughly for start , and the end date is there on the degree certificate .. what to do for start date ?

4.8 section says - Exchange rate applied - what rate would this be ? rate on the last day of the period claimed from OANDA site ?

What to enter for " Evidence Provided" - should this be a Yes /No value or should say - Payslips/Letter from employer/Bank statements etc.

"Contact Information" - is this the company address etc . in entirety ?

3. How many years should the ITRs(Reciepts) or Form 16 should be for - - I have a couple ; should i use them both ?

4.11 section says " Contact Information " - whose ? of the Company /Bank/ Income Tax deptt ? :O

6.3 section says English language test -

So i sat for IELTS -

- Awarding body ? - British Council ?
- Level - bands acquired ?
-Title -IELTS
- date - date i sat for it
- Award Ref. No - no clue what this no. is or where it is on the test certificate !

7.1 maintenance funds - Can it be more than 2800 pounds asked for ? better that way i guess.. more stable financially..

> Are two proofs required for maintenace funds - one the statemets (one set already for past earnings) and plus the bank letter as well saying 3 months old funds..

> Should i also include NSCs , PF balance etc to further support the financial position or money in access of 2800 pounds should be sufficient ?

Q: For past earnings - would a letter be okay in place of pay slips - saying gross and net earnings stamped by finance people..

again 2 proofs here - statements + the letter from company with gross n net pay or salary slips..

Q: Another thing, my degree is from a univ but i studied in its extended campus - so should i say name of institution as univ name or the extended campus name ? - degree states the univ name in blocks and the campus name is hand written.

for Part -9 of form- should it be crossed out n said N/A for most or it n then answer 9.20 before declaration..

mno2uk

Post by mno2uk » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:05 pm

Can a letter from employer be used instead of Payslips -

a letter detailing the gross and net pay together with a sign n stamp.. i m thinking of using it .. has anyone used such a thing ? as guidance notes say - bank statement+ letter from employer (if not pay slips)

Can that be used in general ? - Example letter

To Whom It May Concern

Re: Mr. XYZ

This is to confirm that Mr. XYZ is currently employed by <ABC Ltd> in the UK as a
full time and permanent employee. He has been employed since <Month and Year> as a <Designation>. He is working with us in <Country Name e.g. U.K> since <Month and Year> on a work permit that is due to expire in <Month and Year>.

His current annual salary is £<Annual Salary>.

Month Gross Amount Net Pay

May 2006 £2000.00 £1000.00
Jun 2006 £2000.00 £1000.00
Jul 2006 £2000.00 £1000.00
Aug 2006 £2000.00 £1000.00
Sep 2006 £2000.00 £1000.00
Oct 2006 £2000.00 £1000.00
Nov 2006 £2000.00 £1000.00
Dec 2006 £2000.00 £1000.00
Jan 2007 £2000.00 £1000.00
Total £24,000.00 £12.000.00

Should you require any further information please feel free to contact this office on
<Employer Phone No>.

Yours faithfully,

For and on behalf of <Company Name>

<Person Name e.g. HR/Account Mgr>

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:49 pm

mno2uk wrote:Can a letter from employer be used instead of Payslips -

a letter detailing the gross and net pay together with a sign n stamp.. i m thinking of using it .. has anyone used such a thing ? as guidance notes say - bank statement+ letter from employer (if not pay slips)

mno2uk, Yes letter from employer can be used instead of payslips. You have to used evidence from two different source payslips, letter,P60 are considered to be from same source. Yes I have used the combination mentioned above during my initial approval. Have got lot of collegues who got extension using that combination.

mno2uk

Post by mno2uk » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:01 pm

Okay, so what i mean to do is - i will use two sources in this case -

one the bank statements for 12 months and

the letter saying the gross and net pay given to me .. should this be made to show the same dates as of the salary credit ?

Further more do i need to place my tax returns receipts as well with it ? and plus the form 16 ?

Now one more thing , this will be my initial application from outside UK
so i want use the letter with the bank statements.

okay so as per you should be okay with me if i use the two; the guidance notes also show the same as an example for document sets

Thanks again man...i hope to secure this letter from the employer. the VFS people will accept it .. yeah ?

chetanojha wrote:
mno2uk wrote:Can a letter from employer be used instead of Payslips -

mno2uk, Yes letter from employer can be used instead of payslips. You have to used evidence from two different source payslips, letter,P60 are considered to be from same source. Yes I have used the combination mentioned above during my initial approval. Have got lot of collegues who got extension using that combination.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:40 pm

mno2uk wrote:Okay, so what i mean to do is - i will use two sources in this case -

the letter saying the gross and net pay given to me .. should this be made to show the same dates as of the salary credit ?

Further more do i need to place my tax returns receipts as well with it ? and plus the form 16 ?

okay so as per you should be okay with me if i use the two; the guidance notes also show the same as an example for document sets

Thanks again man...i hope to secure this letter from the employer. the VFS people will accept it .. yeah ?
Mate..let me summarise it for you:

All you need to show for your earnings is as below:
1. Bank Statements of 12 months showing salary in your account( Don't worry about date. Your net salary should match. But if there is a huge difference in payslips and salary in bank, it is better to explain in employer letter.)
2. Payslips for 12 months (Net Salary in payslips should match bank statement)

AND/OR

2. Letter from your employer(on letter head) stating Gross and Net salary of 12 months. (If you can mention Bank credit date it's good)

**You don't need to submit tax return documents (Form 16/SARAL etc.) as they may not cover your entire claim period.
**Carry a copy of Guidance notes with you. If VFS people do not accept it(which will not be the case), show them guidance notes.

If you can tell us what all evidences you can gather, it is easier to advice on your specific case instead of discussing generalised cases and rules(which you can anyway find in the forum after doing some search).

mno2uk

Post by mno2uk » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:06 am

Thank u again for all the answers..

My situation is this that i m having issues with gathering the docs for personal earnings and maintenance funds:

1. For personal earnings i have my payslips stamped and signed
and also will get the bank statements stamped and signed.

But now i want to know that the payslips show a "total earnings' part and then the deductions and finally net salary.

One queston here is that - as per guidance notes the gross salary is the one thats looked at..and thats what the case worker is bothered about ?
> The net salary part is the same as credited into account - so i am safe there i think --- right|?

i was thinking of getting an employee letter(which will be hard to get) with net salary and gross salary with their date of credit and also the same corresponding with the bank statements.

for maintenace funds -

1. as i need to use the cash and FD funds - so a letter from bank is reqd in the specified format for my FDs and
2. the bank statements for cash balance

Q: Do i need to get a letter for authenticity of statements too \?
and a separate letter as well for cash balance as well ?
chetanojha wrote:
mno2uk wrote:Okay, so w

hat i mean to do is - i will use two sources in this case -

1. Bank Statements of 12 months showing salary in your account( Don't worry about date. Your net salary should match. But if there is a huge difference in payslips and salary in bank, it is better to explain in employer letter.)

AND/OR

2. Letter from your employer(on letter head) stating Gross and Net salary of 12 months. (If you can mention Bank credit date it's good)

**You don't need to submit tax return documents (Form 16/SARAL etc.) as they may not cover your entire claim period.
**Carry a copy of Guidance notes with you. If VFS people do not accept it(which will not be the case), show them guidance notes.

If you can tell us what all evidences you can gather, it is easier to advice on your specific case instead of discussing generalised cases and rules(which you can anyway find in the forum after doing some search).

mno2uk

Post by mno2uk » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:25 am

Chetan can u help with these please

A couple of them more ...

While filling out the VAF form .. have some queries :

1. Dates for duration of Study ? How can I enter exact dates for 3 year MCA course ? I know the months roughly for start , and the end date is there on the degree certificate .. what to do for start date ?

4.8 section says - Exchange rate applied - what rate would this be ? rate on the last day of the period claimed from OANDA site ?

What to enter for " Evidence Provided" - should this be a Yes /No value or should say - Payslips/Letter from employer/Bank statements etc.

"Contact Information" - is this the company address etc . in entirety ?

3. How many years should the ITRs(Reciepts) or Form 16 should be for - - I have a couple ; should i use them both ?

4.11 section says " Contact Information " - whose ? of the Company /Bank/ Income Tax deptt ? :O

6.3 section says English language test -

So i sat for IELTS -

- Awarding body ? - British Council ?
- Level - bands acquired ?
-Title -IELTS
- date - date i sat for it
- Award Ref. No - no clue what this no. is or where it is on the test certificate !

7.1 maintenance funds - Can it be more than 2800 pounds asked for ? better that way i guess.. more stable financially..

> Are two proofs required for maintenace funds - one the statemets (one set already for past earnings) and plus the bank letter as well saying 3 months old funds..

> Should i also include NSCs , PF balance etc to further support the financial position or money in access of 2800 pounds should be sufficient ?

Q: For past earnings - would a letter be okay in place of pay slips - saying gross and net earnings stamped by finance people..

again 2 proofs here - statements + the letter from company with gross n net pay or salary slips..

Q: Another thing, my degree is from a univ but i studied in its extended campus - so should i say name of institution as univ name or the extended campus name ? - degree states the univ name in blocks and the campus name is hand written.

Q: Part -9 of form- should it be crossed out n said N/A for most or it n then answer 9.20 before declaration..
I have nothing to do with the HSMP ruling n so i need to keep Part-9 all blank frm 9.1 to 9.20

Q: What should i mention the "reason" and reference no. as since i was refused a visa on previous application ? for part 6 - 6.3

Q: what is the relevance of " when u to want to enter UK " question - i can say like one or two months away date - like after serving notice period etc. - do they take this date inot consideration when issuing the visa. ?

PArt - 7 of Self Assessment says :

maintenance - 7.1 calculate the funds for you | - since i am single - so this happens to be 2800 pounds only - correct \?

had i had any dependants etc then 2800+ 1600 etc -
chetanojha wrote:
mno2uk wrote:Okay, so what i mean to do is - i will use two sources in this case -

AND/OR

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:03 am

THUMB RULE: DO NOT INCLUDE ANY EXTRA INFO/DETAILS/DOCUMENTS. KEEP YOUR APPLICATION STRAIGHT FORWARD AND SIMPLE.

1. Just put start of the month as start_date and end of month as end_date. This is an approximate period.

For Earning: Last date of the claimed earning period.
For Maintenance: Date of application
Evidence Provided: List of evidence e.g. Paylsips (12 months), Bank statements etc.
Contact Information: Company contact details. Make sure the person is available on phone if HO wish to verify your details.

3. If you can provide Paylsips(and/or letter)+ Bank statement, you don;t have to provide tax return document. I have mentioned in my previous replies as well. DO NOT provide unnecessary documents/details/information which can potential confused caseworker.

4.11 You need to provide company contact info. Bank info will be on Bank Letterhead anyway.

6.3 If your University is listed in PBS you don;t need to provide IELTS. Not sure about the info you seek as I never used it.

7.1 Yes it can be more than required amount. HO want to make sure you have "Minimum" amount available in your bank. There is not limit to max amount.
Are two proofs required for maintenace funds - one the statemets (one set already for past earnings) and plus the bank letter as well saying 3 months old funds..
Bank Statement and Letter from bank is more than enough. No need to NSC etc. As I mentioned above extra info can confuse caseworker and may go against so.
For past earnings - would a letter be okay in place of pay slips - saying gross and net earnings stamped by finance people.. again 2 proofs here - statements + the letter from company with gross n net pay or salary slips..
YES YES YES.

Just mentioned your Degree and Duration. NO EXTRA INFO. If it is accepted in PBS you are fine.
Q: Part -9 of form- should it be crossed out n said N/A for most or it n then answer 9.20 before declaration..
You can put N/A for sections which are not relevant. I just crossed it with pen in my application.
I have nothing to do with the HSMP ruling n so i need to keep Part-9 all blank frm 9.1 to 9.20
Cross it or put N/A.

Q: what is the relevance of " when u to want to enter UK " question - i can say like one or two months away date - like after serving notice period etc. - do they take this date inot consideration when issuing the visa. ?
Relevance is so that caseworker can grant you visa from the expected dat of your journey toa void wasting time of your visa duration.
maintenance - 7.1 calculate the funds for you | - since i am single - so this happens to be 2800 pounds only - correct \?
Yes. But confirm from guidance notes.

Hope this will help.

mno2uk

Post by mno2uk » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:41 pm

Thank you once again Chetan .. for me your word is one from the Lord himself man..:)
chetanojha wrote:THUMB RULE: DO NOT INCLUDE ANY EXTRA INFO/DETAILS/DOCUMENTS. KEEP YOUR APPLICATION STRAIGHT FORWARD AND SIMPLE.

1. Just put start of the month as start_date and end of month as end_date. This is an approximate period.

For Earning: Last date of the claimed earning period.
For Maintenance: Date of application
Evidence Provided: List of evidence e.g. Paylsips (12 months), Bank statements etc.
Contact Information: Company contact details. Make sure the person is available on phone if HO wish to verify your details.

3. If you can provide Paylsips(and/or letter)+ Bank statement, you don;t have to provide tax return document. I have mentioned in my previous replies as well. DO NOT provide unnecessary documents/details/information which can potential confused caseworker.

4.11 You need to provide company contact info. Bank info will be on Bank Letterhead anyway.

6.3 If your University is listed in PBS you don;t need to provide IELTS. Not sure about the info you seek as I never used it.

7.1 Yes it can be more than required amount. HO want to make sure you have "Minimum" amount available in your bank. There is not limit to max amount.
Are two proofs required for maintenace funds - one the statemets (one set already for past earnings) and plus the bank letter as well saying 3 months old funds..
Bank Statement and Letter from bank is more than enough. No need to NSC etc. As I mentioned above extra info can confuse caseworker and may go against so.
For past earnings - would a letter be okay in place of pay slips - saying gross and net earnings stamped by finance people.. again 2 proofs here - statements + the letter from company with gross n net pay or salary slips..
YES YES YES.

Just mentioned your Degree and Duration. NO EXTRA INFO. If it is accepted in PBS you are fine.
You can put N/A for sections which are not relevant. I just crossed it with pen in my application.
Cross it or put N/A.

Relevance is so that caseworker can grant you visa from the expected dat of your journey toa void wasting time of your visa duration.
Yes. But confirm from guidance notes.

Hope this will help.

mno2uk

Employer letter to get done..

Post by mno2uk » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:59 pm

I will be getting the letter from the employer done tomorrow for "Previous Earnings" so just wanted to query you if this is the right format and do let me know if there is anything missing or excess..

Since you said that you had applied using a letter in this case - (from india?)

I have picked up this from one of the posts here :

EMPLOYEE LETTER FORMAT FOR CONFIRMATION OF SALARY IN CASE OF PAY SLIPS NOT PROVIDED :

Since i am in outside UK so i have made some changes (as far as from the guidance notes i feel that the gross and net salary+ date of credit

Dated:

To Whom It May Concern

This is to certify that Mr. XYZ is currently employed with us is a full time permanent employee. He has been employed since <Month and Year> as a <Designation>.

His current annual salary is <Annual Salary>. (this needs to be my latest updated package?)

S.No. Month Date of Salary Credit Gross Salary(Rs.) Net Salary (Rs.)
Total 0 0

Should you require any further information please feel free to contact this office at <number>

Yours faithfully,

<Person Name>
<Accounts Mgr>

Q: Does this letter need to carry the GBP equivalent - which i dnt think i will be able to get such a letter. The CW will convert it i guess and should i mention the conversion on the last day on the cover letter in this case ?Should that be okay ?

Guidance notes page 25 of 49 says

"iii) or present) employer(s) (or in the case of winnings, the relevant awarding body) confirming that he/she has received the exact amount claimed. This is a letter on company headed paper which clearly shows the applicant’s earnings during period claimed, and the date and amount of each payment. This letter should be dated after the period for which earnings are being claimed and should clearly show the applicant’s gross and net pay.â€

mno2uk

Post by mno2uk » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:40 pm

chetan :

1) Is it necessary to include the GBP coversions on the letters from bank ..

For maintenance funds letter do i need to do this - as the bank people say that if i give a request today i will get the letter tomorrow and hence the rate will not be the rate on the date of the application.

can this be included in the cover letter without mentioning it in the letter if the bank ppl are like that.

2) do i require any certificate of authenticity also ? as some people have included in their applications..

3) Exchange rate for "previous earnings" is only mentioned on the form so no separate letter but i will mention it on the cover letter(last day of period claimed) ---- will that be okay?

4) For this self assessment question :

7.3 Put a cross (x) in the relevant boxes to indicate what evidence of these funds has been supplied. All documents must be original.

I will get a letter from my bank for FDs and do I need one for cash balance too - or the statements are sufficient evidence for that?
...and plus the bank statements

...but which options to check in the checkboxes ?? :O

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is this a good example of a cash balance letter? -- have tried to cover all items as per guidance notes -

Points to note
--------------------

NOTES:

1. the applicant’s name;
2. the account number;
3. the date of the letter;
4. the financial institution’s name and logo;
5. the funds held in the applicant’s account; and
6. the funds of £2,800 have been in the bank for at least three consecutive months on and immediately before the date of the letter.
7. confirm that these funds are readily available.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

(4) BANK LETTER HEAD (4) LOGO

(3)Dated: Oct 4, 2008

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

This is to certify that (1) Mr. XXXX (Customer ID : XXXXXX) is maintaining a “Savings Accountâ€