ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Boy! Lots of Confusion !!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Employer letter to get done..

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:07 pm

[quote="mno2uk"]I will be getting the letter from the employer done tomorrow for "Previous Earnings" so just wanted to query you if this is the right format and do let me know if there is anything missing or excess..

Since you said that you had applied using a letter in this case - (from india?) from within UK but that doesn't make any difference

Q: Does this letter need to carry the GBP equivalent - which i dnt think i will be able to get such a letter. The CW will convert it i guess and should i mention the conversion on the last day on the cover letter in this case ?Should that be okay ? No you don;t need to get that details on employer letter or bank letter. You can get a printout of OANDA website to support it.

Guidance notes page 25 of 49 says

"iii) or present) employer(s) (or in the case of winnings, the relevant awarding body) confirming that he/she has received the exact amount claimed. This is a letter on company headed paper which clearly shows the applicant’s earnings during period claimed, and the date and amount of each payment. This letter should be dated after the period for which earnings are being claimed and should clearly show the applicant’s gross and net pay.â€

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:18 pm

[quote="mno2uk"]chetan :

1) Is it necessary to include the GBP coversions on the letters from bank .. NO. Don't think Bank will do that also conversion rates of bank might be different from OANDA rates.

For maintenance funds letter do i need to do this - as the bank people say that if i give a request today i will get the letter tomorrow and hence the rate will not be the rate on the date of the application. NO. Mention all conversion rate,formula etc in your cover letter and relevant section of the application form.

can this be included in the cover letter without mentioning it in the letter if the bank ppl are like that.

2) do i require any certificate of authenticity also ? as some people have included in their applications.. What do you mean by this?

3) Exchange rate for "previous earnings" is only mentioned on the form so no separate letter but i will mention it on the cover letter(last day of period claimed) ---- will that be okay? YES. Explain the complete conversion in your cover letter(not just formula)

4) For this self assessment question :

7.3 Put a cross (x) in the relevant boxes to indicate what evidence of these funds has been supplied. All documents must be original.

I will get a letter from my bank for FDs and do I need one for cash balance too - or the statements are sufficient evidence for that?
...and plus the bank statements Don't think I can reply this question any more. It's your call to get any document you want and attach with you application. If I were you, I would keep my application as simple as possible so that caseworker(who may/may not) be Indian can understand it.

...but which options to check in the checkboxes ?? :O

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is this a good example of a cash balance letter? -- have tried to cover all items as per guidance notes -

Points to note
--------------------

NOTES:

1. the applicant’s name;
2. the account number;
3. the date of the letter;
4. the financial institution’s name and logo;
5. the funds held in the applicant’s account; and
6. the funds of £2,800 have been in the bank for at least three consecutive months on and immediately before the date of the letter.
7. confirm that these funds are readily available.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

(4) BANK LETTER HEAD (4) LOGO

(3)Dated: Oct 4, 2008

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

This is to certify that (1) Mr. XXXX (Customer ID : XXXXXX) is maintaining a “Savings Accountâ€

mno2uk

mistake on bank's part

Post by mno2uk » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:19 pm

Thanks again Chetan.

There has been a mistake on bank's part while crediting the salary to me and for that they have issued me a letter on their leterhead on my request clarifying the issue.

To avoid confusion, is it safe to include it ? it won't make it hard fr the CW to do the case.. :(

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: mistake on bank's part

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:05 pm

mno2uk wrote:Thanks again Chetan.

There has been a mistake on bank's part while crediting the salary to me and for that they have issued me a letter on their leterhead on my request clarifying the issue.

To avoid confusion, is it safe to include it ? it won't make it hard fr the CW to do the case.. :(
Not sure how bank will make mistake in crediting salary? Do you mean mistake from your employer's part in bank?