ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance of funds for my dependant Kid

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kumarjalluri
Newly Registered

Maintenance of funds for my dependant Kid

Post by kumarjalluri » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:25 pm

Hi,

I and my wife got the visa in June.. Later I had baby girl. Now I am in UK from past one month. Now I want to apply TIER1 for my kid. Is it sufficient if I show 1600 GBP. Or do I need to show 2800 + 1600 + 1600. Please advise.

I opened account on wife's name and maintaining 1600 GBP for my kid's visa. Is it ok.?

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Maintenance of funds for my dependant Kid

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:52 pm

kumarjalluri wrote:Hi,

I and my wife got the visa in June.. Later I had baby girl. Now I am in UK from past one month. Now I want to apply TIER1 for my kid. Is it sufficient if I show 1600 GBP. Or do I need to show 2800 + 1600 + 1600. Please advise.

I opened account on wife's name and maintaining 1600 GBP for my kid's visa. Is it ok.?
You need to show maintenance for all of you whenever new depedent goes for visa.. so in ur case it would be

£800+1600+1600 (You+wife+kid)=4000£

please read the Paragraph 41 on page 8 of Dependent Guidance

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... policy.pdf
41. For example, the Tier 1 migrant has been in the UK for 6 months and is making an application at the same time as his/her spouse and two children. He/she must show that he/she has £1600 for his spouse and a further £1600 for each child, in addition to £800 required for his/her own support. In total the family will require evidence that they hold £5600 in available funds (£1600 x 3 = £4800 + £800).

kumarjalluri
Newly Registered

Post by kumarjalluri » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:02 pm

Hi Ramesh,

I got the job here andMy wife has already got the visa... So in that case also do I need to show 1660 GBP for my wife.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:07 pm

kumarjalluri wrote:Hi Ramesh,

I got the job here andMy wife has already got the visa... So in that case also do I need to show 1660 GBP for my wife.
i think Yes, you need to show the HO that you have enough funds to support You+ur wife even with 3rd person ur son joining u.. this is wat i interpet..

But please wait for other seniors to confirm/differ the same..

narulade

Post by narulade » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:10 pm

i even think yes you have too. when ever you go to home office you need to prove you got enough funds for yourself your wife and kids...

kumarjalluri
Newly Registered

Post by kumarjalluri » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:11 pm

But recently one of my friend applied for himself first showing 2800 GBP. Later he applied for his wife and kid (when he was in India itself) showing 1600 + 1600 GBP. He got the visas for them.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:28 pm

kumarjalluri wrote:But recently one of my friend applied for himself first showing 2800 GBP. Later he applied for his wife and kid (when he was in India itself) showing 1600 + 1600 GBP. He got the visas for them.
Please read this in HO Guidance..

please read the Paragraph 41 on page 8 of Dependent Guidance

41. For example, the Tier 1 migrant has been in the UK for 6 months and is making an application at the same time as his/her spouse and two children. He/she must show that he/she has £1600 for his spouse and a further £1600 for each child, in addition to £800 required for his/her own support. In total the family will require evidence that they hold £5600 in available funds (£1600 x 3 = £4800 + £800).
wait for more confirmation.. and pls dont put wrong case without proper confirmation and loose your Time, Fees and Peace of mind

kumarjalluri
Newly Registered

Post by kumarjalluri » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:46 am

Hi,

Now I have funds 4000 GBP in different accounts.

1600 GBP in UK bank account and 1.8 lakhs (2250 GBP) in one of my Indian account. and 1.3 lakhs (1600 GBP) in my wife's account.

Now I have these questions.

1) Is it ok if I show some funds in my indian and UK accounts?

2) Is t ok if I show some funds in muy wife's account?

3) I am maintaining kid's funds (1600 GBP in my wife;'s account) for 3 months. But other accounts I have funds but not from 3 months. As I and my wife already got the visas is it ok to go ahead showing kid's 3 months statement.?

Sorry if I am confusing you. Please give me your suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:52 am

kumarjalluri wrote:Hi,

Now I have funds 4000 GBP in different accounts.

1600 GBP in UK bank account and 1.8 lakhs (2250 GBP) in one of my Indian account. and 1.3 lakhs (1600 GBP) in my wife's account.

Now I have these questions.

1) Is it ok if I show some funds in my indian and UK accounts?

2) Is t ok if I show some funds in muy wife's account?

3) I am maintaining kid's funds (1600 GBP in my wife;'s account) for 3 months. But other accounts I have funds but not from 3 months. As I and my wife already got the visas is it ok to go ahead showing kid's 3 months statement.?

Sorry if I am confusing you. Please give me your suggestions.

Thanks in advance.
As i understand your (UK+indian) account has min funds for yourselvs and 1dependent and Your wife's account has funds for 1dependent..

In that case.. Use your funds to show the maintenance funds for your and your kid and use your wifes account for her maintenance funds..

It is not a problem to have funds in more than 1account and in and out of UK.. only thing you need to make sure is that in combination the funds are min required and never fell below the limit even by 1pence/paisa any day in the 3months..

kumarjalluri
Newly Registered

Post by kumarjalluri » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:04 pm

Hi,

While applying for TIER 1 dependant visa, is it compulsory to show the tenancy agreement.

kumarjalluri
Newly Registered

Post by kumarjalluri » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:24 pm

Hi Guys,

I am planning to apply for TIER1 dependant visa for my kid in the next month. Myself and my wife had already got the visa. I am in UK and my family is in India.

I am maintaing the funds in different banks (2 Indian accounts and UK account).

I have few doubts. Could you please clarify...

1) Shall my wife write the covering letter on behalf of my kid.

2) Please send me the format if you have any such covering letter.

3) My wife's funds (1600 GBP) are in her Indian account. My kid and my funds(4000 GBP) are in my account. (Indian account and UK account). How to explain all these details in the covering letter.

4) For applying visa my wife planning to go to VFS hyderabad. Does she need to take the kid to the VFS office.

5) Is there any filled model VAF 10 form for dependant kid

If so please help me out. Thanks in advance.

naeed

Post by naeed » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:40 pm

hi kumarjalluri
As for my knowledge only £1600 for ur baby is needed as u n ur spouse already got visa. My baby born in UK got stamped outside UK with single maintenance shown.

good luck.

naeed

Post by naeed » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:43 pm

no need to take baby to VFS only the main applicant r mother need to submit the application.

good luck.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:12 pm

naeed wrote:hi kumarjalluri
As for my knowledge only £1600 for ur baby is needed as u n ur spouse already got visa. My baby born in UK got stamped outside UK with single maintenance shown.

good luck.
43. If the same Tier 1 Migrant and his family had been present in the UK for two years, they would
require evidence that they held £2399 (£533 x 3 = £1599 + £800) in available funds.
44. If a family member applies separately from the Tier 1 Migrant, there must still be enough funds
to support each member of the family.
Therefore in the example above, if the family has a third
child, the main applicant has been in the United Kingdom for two years and the family applies
for leave to remain for the third child separately, they must provide evidence that they have an
additional £533 in available funds.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:32 pm

naeed wrote:hi kumarjalluri

good luck.
Can you please enlighten us with UKBA Link saying "single " maintenance is enough? Like Aruni supplied proper evidence from HO GUIDANCE

naeed

Post by naeed » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:14 pm

very recently i applied for my baby showing only £533 as maintenance and was granted entry clearance in 1 weeks time and thats all i can say out of my experience.

Thank you.

Think good do good.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:26 pm

naeed wrote:very recently i applied for my baby showing only £533 as maintenance and was granted entry clearance in 1 weeks time and thats all i can say out of my experience.

Thank you.

Think good do good.
Maybe you are one of the lucky ones Naeed. Everybody else might not be as lucky. When HO has given some guidance, it is always good to go by it.

naeed

Post by naeed » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:29 pm

pls try to interpret the context properly and the same was double checked with home office and the response was £533.

Thank you.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:44 pm

naeed wrote:pls try to interpret the context properly and the same was double checked with home office and the response was £533.

Thank you.
What do you interpret from

'If a family member applies separately from the Tier 1 Migrant, there must still be enough funds to support each member of the family.'

Anyway, I am not here to argue. I have put down what I interpret from the HO policy guidance. You have given your view and say that you have double checked with home office (can you please confirm if it was VFS or the UKBA). It is totally upto the members to choose between the two.

letmec2006

HI

Post by letmec2006 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:36 am

Its not somebody who is lucky, but for applicants applying outside the UK showing only £533 or £1600 depending on the timeframe are getting visas. This has been discussed in forum from the date MF was introduced. I got my baby's visa approved in India just by showing 533 for three months. But folks to be on the safer side show MF for all in the family. VFS say the above mentioned document is only for incountry applicants.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: HI

Post by aruni4470 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:00 am

letmec2006 wrote:Its not somebody who is lucky, but for applicants applying outside the UK showing only £533 or £1600 depending on the timeframe are getting visas. This has been discussed in forum from the date MF was introduced. I got my baby's visa approved in India just by showing 533 for three months. But folks to be on the safer side show MF for all in the family. VFS say the above mentioned document is only for incountry applicants.
I did not realise that the maintenance requirement for in-country applicants and out of country applicants were different. Thanks for bringing it to my notice.

Still I feel it is better to maintain MF for all the family members as you mentioned regardless of where the application is being made to be on the safer side.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:23 am

This is what the Dependent Guidance for PBS out of UK Says in the POINTS BASED SYSTEM FORM (VAF10 JUL 2009) DEPENDENT
5.2 Own/Main applicant’s funds or your Parent/legal guardian’s funds
You should consult the Dependant Policy Guidance on the UK Border Agency website for details of the level of funds required for the dependants of Points Based System applicants. This will vary according to the tier or sub-tier under which the main applicant was issued entry clearance. You will need to provide evidence that the money was in your, or the main applicant’s, personal bank account for the period required. You may also use the funds of your parent/legal guardian if you are the child of the main applicant and the funds are in the personal account of your other parent. (See the Dependant Policy Guidance for details). The money must not fall below the required amount at any time during that period.
And you all know what UKBA Dependent HO GUIDANCE Says about Maintenance funds..
43. If the same Tier 1 Migrant and his family had been present in the UK for two years, they would require evidence that they held £2399 (£533 x 3 = £1599 + £800) in available funds.
44. If a family member applies separately from the Tier 1 Migrant, there must still be enough funds to support each member of the family. Therefore in the example above, if the family has a third child, the main applicant has been in the United Kingdom for two years and the family applies for leave to remain for the third child separately, they must provide evidence that they have an additional £533 in available funds.
So when you are Advicing OTHERS give the safest advice because the applicant can not say naeed or letmec2006 told so n so... or atleast put the email reply from BHC or HO saying the same..

The OP should not loose his money and time and future without solid proof of advice.. this is what i think.. no offence to anybody.. It is actually great news/i will be happy if it is true because many ppl are staying away from their family just because they could not show enough money at the time of their applications

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:38 am

tvn_ramesh wrote:This is what the Dependent Guidance for PBS out of UK Says in the POINTS BASED SYSTEM FORM (VAF10 JUL 2009) DEPENDENT
5.2 Own/Main applicant’s funds or your Parent/legal guardian’s funds
You should consult the Dependant Policy Guidance on the UK Border Agency website for details of the level of funds required for the dependants of Points Based System applicants. This will vary according to the tier or sub-tier under which the main applicant was issued entry clearance. You will need to provide evidence that the money was in your, or the main applicant’s, personal bank account for the period required. You may also use the funds of your parent/legal guardian if you are the child of the main applicant and the funds are in the personal account of your other parent. (See the Dependant Policy Guidance for details). The money must not fall below the required amount at any time during that period.
And you all know what UKBA Dependent HO GUIDANCE Says about Maintenance funds..
43. If the same Tier 1 Migrant and his family had been present in the UK for two years, they would require evidence that they held £2399 (£533 x 3 = £1599 + £800) in available funds.
44. If a family member applies separately from the Tier 1 Migrant, there must still be enough funds to support each member of the family. Therefore in the example above, if the family has a third child, the main applicant has been in the United Kingdom for two years and the family applies for leave to remain for the third child separately, they must provide evidence that they have an additional £533 in available funds.
So when you are Advicing OTHERS give the safest advice because the applicant can not say naeed or letmec2006 told so n so... or atleast put the email reply from BHC or HO saying the same..

The OP should not loose his money and time and future without solid proof of advice.. this is what i think.. no offence to anybody.. It is actually great news/i will be happy if it is true because many ppl are staying away from their family just because they could not show enough money at the time of their applications
Completely agree

letmec2006

Hi

Post by letmec2006 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:31 am

The UKVISAS website states:

What supporting documents should my dependants include with their application?

Your dependants should include all the documents necessary to show that they qualify for entry to the UK as your dependant. If they do not, we may refuse their application.

As a guide, your dependants should include:

evidence of their relationship to you;
evidence that there is £1600 (or £533 if you have been in the UK for more than 12 months) for each dependant, in your or their personal bank account for maintenance, and that the money has been there for at least 3 months prior to the date they make their application; and
a copy of the pages from your passport/travel document showing your permission to stay, if you are already in the UK.

I agree that "additionally" is the word used in the policy guidance for Teir 1.
This is my humble opinion and honestly thats what I did, and definately no applicant can say letmec2006 says so to BHC. There are definetely other forum menbers who had done the same by showing MF for just the applicant.

At the end of the day it comes back to each individual to do whatever.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:13 pm

letmec.. Thanks for sharing the info.. would end my part of discussion here as i dont want this to be controversy..
we are here to advice others so we will continue to do that.. i advice what i read/think is correct. Thanks again