ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport scam?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

key138
Newly Registered

Passport scam?

Post by key138 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:27 am

Dear Sir/Madam,

I did an immigration assessment on [link deleted by Moderator] l March this year. After reviewing my documents, I was informed that I was eligible to apply for Belgium citizenship. Since I have been trying to get back to the UK without any success (please visit http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=47609 for more information of my UK immigration history), I decided to apply for Belgium citizenship in the hope that I would be able to eventually settle in the UK via the EEA-route. I signed the contract and paid $27,000 US dollars for the program and was told that I will get my passport at the Belgium embassy within 6 weeks. However, it seems a "misfortune" followed another, I have been told many excuses on why my application was delayed. This led me to think that the entire thing is a scam so I demanded the payment back from them - again excuses followed one after another. They stopped responding to my emails now - the last reply I received from them is on 30th September. I would like to get legal advice on the following:

1) Whether there is an legal route to obtain Belgium citizenship via an approximately $27,000 US dollars program? If so, how can I verify that my application in indeed being processed?

2) If it turned out to be a scam, I would like to report this to relevant authorities so I could prevent future scams and hopefully have my money refunded. May I ask what is the best way to report this scam? Are there any solictors available or does anyone know of any solictors who are willing to take on this case to take the company to court? What are my chances of success?

Any comments/advice would be greatly appreciated. I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,
ST

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:24 am

Scam.

http://www.isla-offshore.com/second-pas ... hip-fraud/

As far as I know there's no way of getting EU/EEA residency via the back door.

UK has entrepreneur visa, think u need £250,000.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

ca.funke
Belgium

Re: Passport scam?

Post by ca.funke » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:22 am

Hi key138,
Sorry for pettifogging,

not being perfect in English myself, but being Belgian, may I note that
key138 wrote:...Belgium citizenship...
does not exist?

Belgium is the country. Everything concerning Belgium, that is the adjective, is "Belgian".

noun: England = Ireland = Belgium
adjective: English = Irish = Belgian

I thought as a prospective Belgian citizen you should know.

sorry again,
good luck in your endeavours,
Christian :)

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:00 pm

Just aswell, that good proficiency in English Language or knowing the "Part of Speech" is not a prerequisite for acquisation of Citizenship of Belgium or Belgian citizenship. I am sure lot of Belgian would have been disqualified in that regards. Then again Belgians tends to be quite multilingual, especially their ability in speaking French, German etc. I am not sure about their English ability though, but judging by your exemplary written English Language ability, i am sure they will be good. They might make it, if they were put to the test.

OP, i must say, i am particularly stunned by the fact that you gave $27,000 for citizenship. How did you think it would be genuine, what guarantees were you given before crediting these individuals such large sums of money.

It sound inconceivable to me, that you could be so naive. You have obviously fallen victim of a sophisticated scam.

You need to report these crooks to the police authority in the country you made this payment.

Hopefully you will be able to acquire some of your money back.

This is truly an heartbreaking situation.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

SBT_Owner
Member of Standing

Post by SBT_Owner » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:22 am

It is better to get a proper visas than look for short cuts or deception , the "easy route" is usually to easy and involves money .... money being taken from you and nothing being offered in reply .

You got taught a $27,000 lesson .

Ben
Diamond Member

Re: Passport scam?

Post by Ben » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:38 am

key138 wrote:I signed the contract and paid $27,000 US dollars
I don't believe you.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:27 pm

When something sounds too good to be true.... :roll: