ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP to Tier 1 Extension - General queries

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

claricedoe
Newly Registered

HSMP to Tier 1 Extension - General queries

Post by claricedoe » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:45 am

Hi all,
I know most of the following questions are answered elsewhere in this forum, but I couldn't find a single instance that matches with my position and hence the need for this topic. Apologies if I have overlooked something.

My background: Came to UK on a Work Permit initially. In Jan 2008 I got the HSMP (which I applied & got within UK). Now it's time for my HSMP to expire and need to extend it under Tier - 1 (General).

Need to do for me and dependents (spose & kid).

Here are my questions:

Q B10: Home Office reference number(s)
What should I fill?

Q B11: Give details of any current or previous worker reference number under work permit arrangements:
Should I fill the "Worker Reference number" that is mentioned in my original Work Permit which I used to enter UK?

Q B13: Points Based System migrant reference number:
I assume I can leave it blank?

Q B14: UK ID card number:
Leave it blank?

Q C9: Identity Card for Foreign Nationals details:
It asks about the Identity Card for Foreign Nationals. The wording in the application form makes me feel that it's mandatory. However I don't have ICFN (and from what I read in other threads, many other people also don't seem to have it). Is it okay to leave this section empty and fill in the next section (C10) saying that I don't have ICFN?

Q D2: Where did the applicant obtain entry clearance or a visa before travelling to the UK?
Should I fill the city & country from where I got my Work Permit issued (as opposed to HSMP)?

Q D6 - D10: (Port, Journey details, etc)
I do have a valid visa and I'm attaching my passport containing the visa along with the passport. So I guess, I can skip these questions?

Q D10: When did the applicant arrive in the UK?
I have also visited UK on business visa before I came on WP. I assume that the business trips doesn't count and I only need to mention the date I came to UK on my work permit?

Q D11: Current immigration status in the UK
I'm in HSMP and my Visa stamp just says 'Limited Leave to Remain' as the Permit type. What should I write?

Q S4: Evidence for qualification:
Should I send the degree certificate or can I just say "Evidence previously provided with the applicant's initial HSMP application". It seems almost all the posts I have read in this forum suggest to send the qualification document irrespective of whether it has been sent during HSMP application or not. Does it make a difference or is it just a comfort feeling?

Q T5: Previous Earnings section(s):
Though I have worked for a single employer in past 12 months, the salary structure changed drastically in between. So, my last 8 months salary structure and total looks very different when compared with the first 4 months (though the organisation name on the letter head, the seal etc looks exactly the same through out). To be more specific - I was on an allowance model before (allowance in UK + salary in base location) and now on a salary model (full salary in UK).
Should I consider this as two different sources and mention them separately or can sum it up as a single entry?

Q T8: Evidence documents:
I'm planning to send my bank statements and the payslips. I can see in this forum that many people advise sending more proofs (like letter from the employer etc). Will it be an advantage to send more proofs?

Many thanks in advance.
CD

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: HSMP to Tier 1 Extension - General queries

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:38 am

claricedoe wrote:
Q B10: Home Office reference number(s)
What should I fill? - LEAVE IT BLANK

Q B11: Give details of any current or previous worker reference number under work permit arrangements:
Should I fill the "Worker Reference number" that is mentioned in my original Work Permit which I used to enter UK? - YES YOU CAN FILL Worker Reference no from WP

Q B13: Points Based System migrant reference number:
I assume I can leave it blank? - YES BLANK

Q B14: UK ID card number:
Leave it blank?- YES BLANK

Q C9: Identity Card for Foreign Nationals details:
It asks about the Identity Card for Foreign Nationals. The wording in the application form makes me feel that it's mandatory. However I don't have ICFN (and from what I read in other threads, many other people also don't seem to have it). Is it okay to leave this section empty and fill in the next section (C10) saying that I don't have ICFN?

Acutal Question

C9. Please give details of the applicant’s Identity Card for Foreign Nationals. Please note
for the application to be valid and complete the applicant’s current Identity Card for Foreign
Nationals must be provided, unless it is not available for one of the reasons specified on the
application form

Q D2: Where did the applicant obtain entry clearance or a visa before travelling to the UK?
Should I fill the city & country from where I got my Work Permit issued (as opposed to HSMP)? - YES of the Work Permit because it has the EC on it

Q D6 - D10: (Port, Journey details, etc)
I do have a valid visa and I'm attaching my passport containing the visa along with the passport. So I guess, I can skip these questions?

Q D10: When did the applicant arrive in the UK?
I have also visited UK on business visa before I came on WP. I assume that the business trips doesn't count and I only need to mention the date I came to UK on my work permit??
- - After D5 go to D11YES BLANK

Q D11: Current immigration status in the UK
I'm in HSMP and my Visa stamp just says 'Limited Leave to Remain' as the Permit type. What should I write - HSMP Visa or that is avaliable in ur visa for proper wording

Q S4: Evidence for qualification:
Should I send the degree certificate or can I just say "Evidence previously provided with the applicant's initial HSMP application". It seems almost all the posts I have read in this forum suggest to send the qualification document irrespective of whether it has been sent during HSMP application or not. Does it make a difference or is it just a comfort feeling?

Q T5: Previous Earnings section(s):
Though I have worked for a single employer in past 12 months, the salary structure changed drastically in between. So, my last 8 months salary structure and total looks very different when compared with the first 4 months (though the organisation name on the letter head, the seal etc looks exactly the same through out). To be more specific - I was on an allowance model before (allowance in UK + salary in base location) and now on a salary model (full salary in UK).
Should I consider this as two different sources and mention them separately or can sum it up as a single entry? - I did the same when i started paying for pension

Q T8: Evidence documents:
I'm planning to send my bank statements and the payslips. I can see in this forum that many people advise sending more proofs (like letter from the employer etc). Will it be an advantage to send more proofs? - NO just send Bankstatements and payslips and make sure the NET amounts match exactly

Many thanks in advance.
CD

claricedoe
Newly Registered

Post by claricedoe » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:37 pm

Hi tvn_ramesh,
Many thanks for the response. Just one question regarding the C9 part. As you said the Actual question is

C9. Please give details of the applicant’s Identity Card for Foreign Nationals. Please note
for the application to be valid and complete the applicant’s current Identity Card for Foreign
Nationals must be provided, unless it is not available for one of the reasons specified on the
application form.

However, the only reasons specified in the form are:
  • Lost
    Stolen
    Expired
    Elsewhere in the UK Border Agency
As you can see, 'No ICFN issued" is not an available option and hence the question.

So I assume that I can just say that 'No ICFN issued' in section C10?

claricedoe
Newly Registered

Post by claricedoe » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:21 am

Few more questions:

D3: What date was the entry clearance or Visa issued?
As per my passport, the original WP which I used to get into UK has the 'Valid From' date as 15/01/2007. However I came to UK only on 25/01/2007 and that is the date that is stamped in the Visa (during immigration). Which date should I fill in D3?

S1: Qualifications section
I have done my Master's Degree in Computer Applications (MCA). What details should I fill for the Qualification & Field of Study.

The reason I'm asking this is because I want o confirm if it should match with what ever is there in the PBS Calculator or not. The PBS Calculator gives the following values in drop down:

Qualification: Master's Degree
Course Subject: IT / Computer Science

Should I write the same for Qualification & Field of Study or can I write 'Master of Computer Applications' in the Qualification field?

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:10 am

claricedoe wrote:Few more questions:

D3: What date was the entry clearance or Visa issued?
As per my passport, the original WP which I used to get into UK has the 'Valid From' date as 15/01/2007. However I came to UK only on 25/01/2007 and that is the date that is stamped in the Visa (during immigration). Which date should I fill in D3?

You have to write the date the VISA was issued by the BHC please see ur WP Visa stamp for the issue date

S1: Qualifications section
I have done my Master's Degree in Computer Applications (MCA). What details should I fill for the Qualification & Field of Study.

The reason I'm asking this is because I want o confirm if it should match with what ever is there in the PBS Calculator or not. The PBS Calculator gives the following values in drop down:

Qualification: Master's Degree
Course Subject: IT / Computer Science

Should I write the same for Qualification & Field of Study or can I write 'Master of Computer Applications' in the Qualification field?