ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 general dependent visa issued with a mistake

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tcpip_helper
United Kingdom

Tier1 general dependent visa issued with a mistake

Post by tcpip_helper » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:19 am

Hi all

on 20th october i got tier 1 general within UK, on 30th october my wife applied for her dependent visa from karachi, Pakistan. when i got my tier 1 general i was on PSW which was valid until 4t July 2010, and my tier1 G is valid until oct 2012.

now today my wife has been issued the visa but her visa validity is 4th July2010 and visa type is tier 1 general partner. i think they have made a mistake about her visa, her visa should be valid until oct 2012

as soon my wife collected the passport and came out of the fedex i immediately asked her to go back and mentioned this mistake but manager at fedex told her that normally spouse visa are issued for a short period only and u need to extend it from UK, is that true?

i think its a mistake that they issued her the visa upto my psw visa validity.

what should i do now plz reply urgently
thannks

Duvvuri

Post by Duvvuri » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:27 am

Yeah as far as i Know this is mistake they did it. SO i feel if ur wife is still in Karachi so better get it clarified it from there itself.

Definitely i feel they have considered ur Tier 1 general but by mistake took the PSW expiry date.

Wife will and should get visa till when husband have it. So just dnt worry and get it clarified.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:51 am

Ask your spouse to get in touch with the BHC in Karachi, where she might need to fill in a form and put a coverletter to get it rectified..

This is definitely HO mistake..

tcpip_helper
United Kingdom

Post by tcpip_helper » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:01 pm

my wife went back to fedex straight away (fedex represent BHC in karachi and you cant contact directly to BHC) but the fedex manager replied that spouse visa normally get short visa and you have to extend it in UK.

now since getting an entry clearance is an uphill task from Karachi i am thinking to call my wife here in uk and extend her visa again, i know it'll cost me money but at least she will be with me asap, and who knows if i submit my case again how long it'll take. is this a better option?
thanks

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:07 pm

tcpip_helper wrote:my wife went back to fedex straight away (fedex represent BHC in karachi and you cant contact directly to BHC) but the fedex manager replied that spouse visa normally get short visa and you have to extend it in UK.

now since getting an entry clearance is an uphill task from Karachi i am thinking to call my wife here in uk and extend her visa again, i know it'll cost me money but at least she will be with me asap, and who knows if i submit my case again how long it'll take. is this a better option?
thanks
Watever you think is best for you based on the situation and circumstances.

yes it would be better to do it in UK so that u will be together and visa extension will be in process..

tcpip_helper
United Kingdom

Post by tcpip_helper » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:48 pm

yes i think i'll call her here and apply for extension from UK, i paid £400 extra for tier1 general dependent fees and now here in uk i'll pay again £465 extra. but still i dont mind as my wife got visa today so hurrayy!!!!!!! its time to thank God and help other people who are in the process please feel free to contact me.

my time lines
tier1 general dependent applied from karachi: 30 Oct 2009
status changed immediately to: application forward to Islamabad OC on
status changed on 16th November: Application ready for collection
17th Nov: fedex called my wife to collect her passport
17th Nov: passport collected with visa stamped

issued from Abu dhabi on 09th November
total 10 working days which is amazing from karachi
Last edited by tcpip_helper on Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tcpip_helper
United Kingdom

Post by tcpip_helper » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:58 pm

ok one more question can my wife travel as her visa validity is not correct ?

vks

Post by vks » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:22 pm

tcpip_helper wrote:ok one more question can my wife travel as her visa validity is not correct ?
Yes
Regards,
vks

raymasa2
Member of Standing

Post by raymasa2 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:43 pm

As stated above you should do what is best in your circumstances, and if you extend the visa here, it will cost you (as you stated). However (and this may not apply to you), when I first came to the UK (2004) on a student visa, I also had an incorrect date by about 4 months. I sent that back for correction (here in the UK via the university) and they extended the visa at no cost. So you can also try that as soon as she get here.

Although keep in mind that this may not work for you as my case is very old (2004), was a different visa category (student) and was submitted via the university. But it might be worth a try and could save you some money.

Ray

letmec2006

hi

Post by letmec2006 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:32 am

The above is a possible option might work in your favour without costing

tcpip_helper
United Kingdom

Post by tcpip_helper » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:09 pm

raymasa2 wrote:As stated above you should do what is best in your circumstances, and if you extend the visa here, it will cost you (as you stated). However (and this may not apply to you), when I first came to the UK (2004) on a student visa, I also had an incorrect date by about 4 months. I sent that back for correction (here in the UK via the university) and they extended the visa at no cost. So you can also try that as soon as she get here.

Although keep in mind that this may not work for you as my case is very old (2004), was a different visa category (student) and was submitted via the university. But it might be worth a try and could save you some money.

Ray
Hi raymasa,

once my wife is here how should i contact home office to correct the visa validity date, should i send the extension application form and ask them to do it free or what?

thanks