ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Previous passport details for PBS Dependant

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmphsmp

Previous passport details for PBS Dependant

Post by hsmphsmp » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:46 pm

Regarding the following question in PBSDependant appl form,

C6. Please give details of the dependant’s current passport or travel document and any others that he/she has used to travel to and remain in the United Kingdom and which shows his/her current leave. Please note that for the application to be valid and complete the dependant’s
current passport/travel document must be provided unless it is not available for one of the reasons specified on the application form.

> Previous passport or travel document 1

I am applying for my wife along with me. She has 2 passports one was cancelled when spouse name was added. The Passport office issued a new passport with spouse name included and cancelled the old one. There is not visa stamped in old passport, just all blank pages. Should I have to still mention the previous passport details as the question seems to be, mention only if the passport has his/her current leave?

Thanks

hsmphsmp

Post by hsmphsmp » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:26 pm

Any one facing/faced similar scenario?

hsmphsmp

Post by hsmphsmp » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:14 pm

I am about to apply by post, can any one help please?

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:03 pm

Since there is no visa (UK) on her previous passport you dont need to enclose or give details of that passport

But you can mention the same briefly in ur cover letter so that in worst case you are safe.. but if u still want to be on safe side..

give the passport details, enclose with ur application and mention abt it in brief in cover letter so that caseworker is not confused abt different names..

choice is urs..

hsmphsmp

Post by hsmphsmp » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:08 pm

Thanks tvn_ramesh.

Sorry I wasn't clear before. When I said spouse name added, i meant my whole name was included in the passport under the "spouse" section in the last page of my wife new passport. My Wife name is still the same between old and new passport (new passport has my name under spouse section, old passport do not have it). Old passport is marked as cancelled by passport office.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:13 pm

hsmphsmp wrote:Thanks tvn_ramesh.

Sorry I wasn't clear before. When I said spouse name added, i meant my whole name was included in the passport under the "spouse" section in the last page of my wife new passport. My Wife name is still the same between old and new passport (new passport has my name under spouse section, old passport do not have it). Old passport is marked as cancelled by passport office.
Ok hsmp.. got it..

But answer would be the same..

If you dont want to get tensed and loose sleep over it..

You just give the details of ur wifes old passport,enclose it with the application and in the cover letter just mention about the old passport and the difference of spouse name added in the new passport..

hsmphsmp

Post by hsmphsmp » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:19 pm

Thank you tvn_ramesh for your reply.