ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

swiss schengen . Please clarify my confusion.

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vish_shan

swiss schengen . Please clarify my confusion.

Post by vish_shan » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:32 pm

Hello all,

I am going to drop the application for my visit visa to Swiss on Friday 18th of November.

Although I have all the documents, I am confused about the proof of accommodation. Please clarify my doubts.

This is what the document list says

1.Confirmed hotel reservation or package tour confirmation by travel agent

2.Copy of the confirmed hotel reservation or package tour confirmation by travel agent
Reservation confirmation issued directly by the hotel clearly stating the visa- applicant’s full name, dates of check-in and out, the hotel address and contact details. Bookings made via a reservation centre will no longer be accepted. To ensure that visa applicants comply with the legislation in regards of the reality of stay in, controls will be made prior and after the visa has been granted.

My Queries.

1. I have booked my accomodation via booking.com . But my main intention is to stay with my cousins for few days who are in swiss and also travel to austria and germany. So I am thinking of cancelling my accomodation once i get the visa.

But what does the text which is in bold implies. Does it says that they would check with the hotel where I am booking and I cant cancel the accomodation.

2. Also whether my booking via booking.com is a valid proof for hotel accomodation.

vish.

Markie

Re: swiss schengen . Please clarify my confusion.

Post by Markie » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:01 pm

this is similar to the French...it means they (embassy) may request the copies of your hotel statement/flight tickets (perhaps) that you indeed went to their country and not used their visa stamping for another country!

Simply said...if your going to France - apply with the french consulate...you might get a repercussion in the form of visa rejections in the future.

vish_shan wrote:Hello all,

I am going to drop the application for my visit visa to Swiss on Friday 18th of November.

Although I have all the documents, I am confused about the proof of accommodation. Please clarify my doubts.

2.Copy of the confirmed hotel reservation or package tour confirmation by travel agent
Reservation confirmation issued directly by the hotel clearly stating the visa- applicant’s full name, dates of check-in and out, the hotel address and contact details. Bookings made via a reservation centre will no longer be accepted. To ensure that visa applicants comply with the legislation in regards of the reality of stay in, controls will be made prior and after the visa has been granted.

My Queries.

1. I have booked my accomodation via booking.com . But my main intention is to stay with my cousins for few days who are in swiss and also travel to austria and germany. So I am thinking of cancelling my accomodation once i get the visa.

But what does the text which is in bold implies. Does it says that they would check with the hotel where I am booking and I cant cancel the accomodation.

2. Also whether my booking via booking.com is a valid proof for hotel accomodation.

vish.

vish_shan

Post by vish_shan » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:54 pm

Markie wrote:this is similar to the French...it means they (embassy) may request the copies of your hotel statement/flight tickets (perhaps) that you indeed went to their country and not used their visa stamping for another country!

Simply said...if your going to France - apply with the french consulate...you might get a repercussion in the form of visa rejections in the future.

vish_shan wrote:Hello all,

My Queries.

vish.

Hello Markie,

I am indeed going to Swiss, but I would not be staying in the hotel. I would be staying in my cousins home. Is that a problem cancelling the accommodation after getting the visa.

vish

Markie

Post by Markie » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:40 am

you can cancel your hotel reservation no proble, later...or

Why not quote you're staying with your cousin? that will not pose a problem...all you have to do is ask for him to send you a letter of support.

[quote="vish_shan
Hello Markie,

I am indeed going to Swiss, but I would not be staying in the hotel. I would be staying in my cousins home. Is that a problem cancelling the accommodation after getting the visa.

vish[/quote]