ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance Funds

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sabatobat
Newly Registered

Maintenance Funds

Post by sabatobat » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:55 pm

I've been in my over draft in one bank account but I recently opened another account in September. I've not had minimum 800 (I'm applying from within UK) for the last 3 months in either account. But in the past 3 weeks in my new account I have over 3000 (I didn't get paid by some clients on time). But will my application get rejected as I can't show minimum 800 savings in each month for the last 3 months?

gotcha
Member of Standing

Re: Maintenance Funds

Post by gotcha » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:58 pm

sabatobat wrote:I've been in my over draft in one bank account but I recently opened another account in September. I've not had minimum 800 (I'm applying from within UK) for the last 3 months in either account. But in the past 3 weeks in my new account I have over 3000 (I didn't get paid by some clients on time). But will my application get rejected as I can't show minimum 800 savings in each month for the last 3 months?
Yes, you need to have min balance for 3 months. Otherwise, it will be rejected.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:00 pm

Wait to apply for ur extension till you have min 800£ balance in ur account each day for 3months.. HO is very strict on this Maintenance funds..

gia_a
Newly Registered

Can we show more than one accounts and how?

Post by gia_a » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:43 pm

I have to apply for extension in Dec 09/Jan 10. For a couple of days, balance in my current a/c was less than £800.
However, for these dates, I had money in my uk savings (regular saver) a/c and also in my overseas a/c.

Is is okay to show three account statements?

Can we also show uk bonds?

What's the best way to represent these to homeoffice so that they dont overlook any a/c and as a result cancel my application?

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Can we show more than one accounts and how?

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

gia_a wrote:I have to apply for extension in Dec 09/Jan 10. For a couple of days, balance in my current a/c was less than £800.
However, for these dates, I had money in my uk savings (regular saver) a/c and also in my overseas a/c.

What's the best way to represent these to homeoffice so that they dont overlook any a/c and as a result cancel my application?
For Maintenance Funds you can use a combination of 1 or MORE accounts in ur name to satisfy the 800£ requirement.. so go for any other bank accounts in ur name in UK or out of the country also is OK

better try to show the funds in bankaccounts would be good rather than going for bonds as it will complicate the case and delay ur processing..

keramos
Newly Registered

Re: Can we show more than one accounts and how?

Post by keramos » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:26 pm

gia_a wrote:I have to apply for extension in Dec 09/Jan 10. For a couple of days, balance in my current a/c was less than £800.

If u have 3 accounts in which u have each day balance show all three.....i made that mistake of not showing and i got rejected....

e.g.

if in current account you have your pay being deposited...then mention in covering letter..to look at this account AC XXXXXX current account for corroborating your payslip earnings...

and in other account you have savings of more than £1000 show that for maintenance and mention it in covering letter to look at AC NO XXXXXX Savings for Maintenance criteria....

Make it clear in Covering letter cause that makes it easy and simple for caseworker to understand your application..

i dont think bonds are acceptable...but someone can correct me on this one....