ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yarons

Post by yarons » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:03 pm

taliska wrote:
yarons wrote:I am considering to apply for naturalisation through an immigration consultancy firm. The reason behind this logic is that my company may be willing to sponsor my application if I use this firm they're working with. Comfort is also a consideration.
I don't get it...What are you talking about applying for naturalisation and your company sponsoring you? It's either yopu qualify for Naturalisation(which means you get British Citizenship) or you don't. No company needs to sponsor you for Citizenship. Are you getting Citizenship/Naturalisation confused with Work Permit/HSMP? Or necessity for showing continuing employment when applying for settlement also known as Indefinite Leave to Remain(ILR). Please give more details
sorry for not being clear. by sponsoring I mean picking up the bill :)

racingfire

Post by racingfire » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:39 am

Thanks tonyz and incognito, i hope so all members who are still waiting for thier response, will get thier approvals soon.

Guys, i called my council today, and they did not receive my certificate yet, but they are agreed for private ceremony if they will receive my certificate end of this week.
incognito wrote:Congratulations racingfire. I know your wait has really been agonising. Glad its finally over.

bechir

Post by bechir » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:09 pm

further update

NCS or Postal: NCS, preston
Date of submission or posting: 16/09/09
Date of arrival at HO: 17/09/09
CRITERIA: 2yr + 1 ILR
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 22/09/09
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 26/09/09 (Dtd. 22/09/09)
Date of receipt of approval: 29/10/09 (Dtd 20/10/09)
Date of Ceremony: 02/11/09
Date of appln. for passport : 04/11/2009
Method used : P.O Check and Send
Date Documents Recd.: Waiting
Interview Date: 18/11/2009
Passport Received Date: Waiting[/quote]

troyguy21

Post by troyguy21 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:14 pm

Must you use a solicitor before your company pays the bill? Anyway I think this thread is for APPLICATION SUBMISSION TIMELINE. I would suggest you open a new thread for your query.
yarons wrote:
taliska wrote:
yarons wrote:I am considering to apply for naturalisation through an immigration consultancy firm. The reason behind this logic is that my company may be willing to sponsor my application if I use this firm they're working with. Comfort is also a consideration.
I don't get it...What are you talking about applying for naturalisation and your company sponsoring you? It's either yopu qualify for Naturalisation(which means you get British Citizenship) or you don't. No company needs to sponsor you for Citizenship. Are you getting Citizenship/Naturalisation confused with Work Permit/HSMP? Or necessity for showing continuing employment when applying for settlement also known as Indefinite Leave to Remain(ILR). Please give more details

yarons

Post by yarons » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:18 pm

troyguy21 wrote:Must you use a solicitor before your company pays the bill? Anyway I think this thread is for APPLICATION SUBMISSION TIMELINE. I would suggest you open a new thread for your query.
yarons wrote:
taliska wrote:
My query is about application timeline. Do we have any indication that submitting an application via a solicitor takes longer?

taliska

Post by taliska » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:27 pm

yarons wrote:
troyguy21 wrote:Must you use a solicitor before your company pays the bill? Anyway I think this thread is for APPLICATION SUBMISSION TIMELINE. I would suggest you open a new thread for your query.
yarons wrote:
taliska wrote:
My query is about application timeline. Do we have any indication that submitting an application via a solicitor takes longer?
I don't think this should make a difference the processing time mary vary dependent on case. Most people use NCS if they don't feel confident enough feeling out the forms themselves. Not many people use solicitors as this is costly and they mainly do this when they either find it difficult to fill the forms or they may have issues which may affect their eligibility. I suggest you open another thread as advised by troyguy21 so that people can help you with your particular query, so please do that rather than continuing to post on the timeline thread. Thanks.

Mehr Nazakat Ali
BANNED

Post by Mehr Nazakat Ali » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:03 pm

NCS or Postal: NCS, Eastham London
Date of submission or posting: 08/10/09
Date of arrival at HO: 12/10/09
CRITERIA: HSMP 4 Yr JR
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 13/10/09
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 14/10/09 (Dtd. 13/10/09)
Date of receipt of approval: 18/11/09 (Dtd 16/11/09)
Date of Ceremony: 16/12/09
Date of appln. for passport : TBC
Method used : TBC
Date Documents Recd.: TBC
Interview Date: TBC
Passport Received Date: TBC

bechir

Post by bechir » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:26 pm

further update the last waiting game:

NCS or Postal: NCS, preston
Date of submission or posting: 16/09/09
Date of arrival at HO: 17/09/09
CRITERIA: 2yr + 1 ILR
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 22/09/09
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 26/09/09 (Dtd. 22/09/09)
Date of receipt of approval: 29/10/09 (Dtd 20/10/09)
Date of Ceremony: 02/11/09
Date of appln. for passport : 04/11/2009
Date Documents Recd.: 18/11/2009
Interview Date: 18/11/2009
Passport Received Date: Waiting

incognito
Newly Registered

Post by incognito » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:30 pm

Thats pretty fast Bechir. Looks like its going to be a total of 2 weeks from start to finish for u to get ur passport despite the minor setback on saturday.Where did u have ur interview

bechir

Post by bechir » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:37 pm

thank you incognito yes i agree this due to me predicting there going to ask for those papers on saturday and i called ips got the interview ref i called for interview was one available near me in blackburn very relaxed and took 5min.
incognito wrote:Thats pretty fast Bechir. Looks like its going to be a total of 2 weeks from start to finish for u to get ur passport despite the minor setback on saturday.Where did u have ur interview

tango_orange
Newly Registered

time line

Post by tango_orange » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:42 pm

just an update guys.... applied my passport after 1 week of ceremony…. was bit busy..
NCS or Postal: NCS
Date of submission or posting: 30th Sep 2009
CRITERIA - HSMP JR (5 yrs) -
Date payment taken: 5th Sept 2009
Date of receipt of acknowledgment: 10th Sept2009
Date of receipt of approval and invitation: 5th Nov (Dated 29th October)..
Date of Ceremony: 6th Nov
Date Documents Recd.: pending
Interview Date: pending
Passport Received Date: pending

tango_orange
Newly Registered

Re: Update

Post by tango_orange » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:47 pm

that must not be a problem mate :) i have been doing overdraft for 6 months before i applied...really does't matter...
bechir wrote:the only finance issues related to the good character requirement ccj or bankrupcy even in the case of some one discharged bankrupcy is ok.
this my personal view :) but iam sure if your bank account in the red that will not make you bad character.
keshgrover wrote:
bechir wrote:bank accounts has no effect as long as there enough to cover the application fee , you dont even need to have a bank account , your applying for Naturalisation not mortgage :) good luck hope you get quick reply.
keshgrover wrote:
Sorry guys I have another question in regards to Naturalisation. If some one's bank balance goes into overdraft just a month before application and gets back to normal in couple of days then can this effect the naturalisation application?

Please answer my querry.

Many thanks.
Thanks buchir,

The bank statements are being given to show the evidence that money is beening paid to the credit card and loan companies to full fill the good character requirement.

Do you still think that would not be the problem?

sidster007

Post by sidster007 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:02 pm

Hi Bechir,

Good to hear that things are working out for you. Hope the shiny red booklet comes to you soon. Could you please tell me what questions you were asked? did you take any supporting documentation to the interview?

Thanks

Sid

bechir

Post by bechir » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:25 pm

Hi Sid
yes iam waiting for red booklet now no no supporting ducs or mobile phone is allowed, the interview questions:
at first the receiptionist will ask for the reference number and confirm your name and take a seet couple minutes after i been asked to go the interview officer is very welcomming and relaxing, he explain to you what is all about and why you been asked to come to interview.
the questions:
spell your full name .
date of birth
when i been to the ceromony and where
what i send with my application like the supporting docs
if i have receivedmy docs yet
my mother name date of birth and place of birth
father name date of birth and place of birth
previous addresses
name of countsignature and approx age and address
how do i know him what his job
my partner name
how i bank with, if i have credit agreements like loans credit cards ect...

and then said thank you for comming to the interview, is like i realy have a choice :)
and all done with-in i guess 5 - 10 minutes as i came back home i just made a coffee and the bell rang and it was my native passport and my citizenship certificate waiting for me to sign :)

sidster007 wrote:Hi Bechir,

Good to hear that things are working out for you. Hope the shiny red booklet comes to you soon. Could you please tell me what questions you were asked? did you take any supporting documentation to the interview?

Thanks

Sid

sidster007

Post by sidster007 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:04 pm

Further update: passport interview scheduled for this Saturday 21st November.

If NCS, which: Westminster, London
Date of submission of application: October 8, 2009
Date application received by H/O: October 9, 2009
CRITERIA: 6 yr stay (5 yr work permit and HSMP + 1 yr ILR )
Date of Payment : October 14, 2009 (although my credit card account wasn't debited until October 17th)
Date of receipt of acknowledgment: October 17, 2009 (letter dated 14th October)
Date of Approval: 3rd November 2009 (letter dated 26th October 2009)
Date of citizenship ceremony: 9th November 2009
Date of Passport application: 12th November 2009 (PO check & send)
Date of Passport interview: 21st November 2009 (called the IPS to enquire about my application and was told that an interview letter had been sent to me today. They gave me a reference and phone number to call and arrange my interview. London was all booked for the next two weeks so chose Reading)
Date of return of application documents: 18th November 2009 (Royal Mail left a card for me as I wasn't home. Am sure its my supporting documents- naturalization certificate and previous passport)
Date of receipt of passport: Pending

sidster007

Post by sidster007 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:09 pm

Thanks for your message Bechir. Congratulations ! your journey is almost complete.

bechir wrote:Hi Sid
yes iam waiting for red booklet now no no supporting ducs or mobile phone is allowed, the interview questions:
at first the receiptionist will ask for the reference number and confirm your name and take a seet couple minutes after i been asked to go the interview officer is very welcomming and relaxing, he explain to you what is all about and why you been asked to come to interview.
the questions:
spell your full name .
date of birth
when i been to the ceromony and where
what i send with my application like the supporting docs
if i have receivedmy docs yet
my mother name date of birth and place of birth
father name date of birth and place of birth
previous addresses
name of countsignature and approx age and address
how do i know him what his job
my partner name
how i bank with, if i have credit agreements like loans credit cards ect...

and then said thank you for comming to the interview, is like i realy have a choice :)
and all done with-in i guess 5 - 10 minutes as i came back home i just made a coffee and the bell rang and it was my native passport and my citizenship certificate waiting for me to sign :)

sidster007 wrote:Hi Bechir,

Thanks

Sid

incognito
Newly Registered

Post by incognito » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:33 am

FURTHER UPDATE

UPDATE:

Date of submission or posting: 09/10/2009( A Friday)
CRITERIA: married to BC
Date of receipt of Application @ HO: 13/10/2009
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 14/10/2009
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 20/10/2009 (dated 15/10/2009)
Date of receipt of approval: 02/11/2009 (dated 26/10/2009)
Date of Ceremony: 05/11/2009
Date of appln. for 10/11/2009 (CHECK AND SEND)
Date of receipt of documents: 19/11/2009
Interview for Passport : Booked for 28/11/2009
Passport received: Pending

mmoose
Newly Registered

Post by mmoose » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:02 pm

NCS or Postal: NCS, Tower Hamlets
Date of submission or posting: 30/09/09
Date of arrival at HO: 05/10/09
CRITERIA: 5yr WP + 1 ILR
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 09/10/09
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 15/10/09 (Dated 09/10/09)
Date of receipt of approval: 28/10/09 (Dated 17/10/09)
Date of Ceremony: 07/11/09
Date of appln. for passport: : 10/11/09
Method used: PO Check & Send
Date of receipt of reply for futher info: 19/11/09* (Dated 17/11/09)
Date of receipt of documents: pending
Interview for Passport : pending
Passport received: pending

* I've hit a bump in my "journey". IPS sent me a letter requesting further evidence of my previous addresses from my bank, employer, landlord, etc. I've had three different addresses in the past three years. Neither my bank nor employer cannot confirm previous addresses. Previous landlords are unlikely to be helpful. I don't recall seeing anyone else having this problem. Any advice? Curious they've already granted me citizenship but now insist on further evidence for the passport. :?:

donpetuchi
Newly Registered

Update

Post by donpetuchi » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:12 pm

NCS Centre: Leicester

Submission Date: 25/09/2009

Date of Arrival: 26/09/2009

Criteria: 10 yrs + 1 yr ILR

Date of Debit Card payment: 01/10/2009

Acknowledgement: 05/10/2009 (dated 01/10/2009)

Receipt of Approval: 26/10/2009 (dated 15/10/2009)

Date of Ceremony: 10/11/2009

Date of Passport Application: 12/11/2009 (Check & Send)

Date of Passport Interview: 24/11/2009 (Called IPS today for update and they confirmed that they have requested an interview and provided me with a reference number to arrange my booking. Had an earlier date for this Saturday 21/11/2009 but wanted to allow more time to recieve the interview later by post as they only posted it today)
Date of Receipt of Passport: Pending

donpetuchi
Newly Registered

Post by donpetuchi » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:18 pm

NCS or Postal: NCS, Tower Hamlets

* I've hit a bump in my "journey". IPS sent me a letter requesting further evidence of my previous addresses from my bank, employer, landlord, etc. I've had three different addresses in the past three years. Neither my bank nor employer cannot confirm previous addresses. Previous landlords are unlikely to be helpful. I don't recall seeing anyone else having this problem. Any advice? Curious they've already granted me citizenship but now insist on further evidence for the passport.

Have you any bills, statements showing these addresses? Were you not on the electroral role all this time? Am sure statements which I am sure you have will be fine

racingfire

Post by racingfire » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:55 pm

Hi guys,

A good news, i attend my private ceremony today, what a wonderful experience of my life, i am so happy to receive my certificate. The whole ceremony last nearly 15 minutes but was amazing. now i am british citizen, i am planning to go for holidays next week , i will apply my passport when i will come back.

I would like to thanks everyone on this forum who really help me and support me in this whole process. specailly bechir, sidster007, taliska, incognito, alina, troyguy and all of them who really help me.

Bechir hope so you will receive your passport tommorrow and sid same to you after interview some people get thier passport very next day or day after.

such a lovely experience God save the Queen

Updated

NCS or Postal: NCS, Haringey
Date of submission or posting: 03/09/09
Date of arrival at HO: 04/09/09
CRITERIA: HSMP (JR)
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 09/09/09
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 17/09/09 (Dtd. 09/09/09)
Date of receipt of approval: 11/11/09 (Dtd. 03/11/09)
Date of invitation letter: 18/11/09
Date of Ceremony: 19/11/09 (Private Ceremony)
Date of appln. for passport: pending
Method used: pending
Date of Receipt: pending

sidster007

Post by sidster007 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:02 pm

Congrats Racingfire !

tango_orange
Newly Registered

Re: time line

Post by tango_orange » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:03 pm

Got my documents back today.. i have a QUESTION do they send you the letter to book your interview along with the documents or do they contact you separately..
cheerz
tango..
tango_orange wrote:just an update guys.... applied my passport after 1 week of ceremony…. was bit busy..
Date of submission or posting: 30th Sep 2009
CRITERIA - HSMP JR (5 yrs) -
Date payment taken: 5th Sept 2009
Date of receipt of acknowledgment: 10th Sept2009
Date of receipt of approval and invitation: 5th Nov (Dated 29th October)..
Date of Ceremony: 6th Nov
Date Documents Recd.: pending
Interview Date: pending
Passport Received Date: pending

tango_orange
Newly Registered

Post by tango_orange » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:06 pm

Hi mmoose...
a friend of mine had a similaer issue..just call your bank and they will do it for you..in his case it was HSBC..
mmoose wrote:NCS or Postal: NCS, Tower Hamlets

* I've hit a bump in my "journey". IPS sent me a letter requesting further evidence of my previous addresses from my bank, employer, landlord, etc. I've had three different addresses in the past three years. Neither my bank nor employer cannot confirm previous addresses. Previous landlords are unlikely to be helpful. I don't recall seeing anyone else having this problem. Any advice? Curious they've already granted me citizenship but now insist on further evidence for the passport. :?:

sidster007

Re: Update

Post by sidster007 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:10 pm

Hi Donpetucchi,

I was in the same situation as you and was thinking about postponing my passport interview to allow for the letter to reach me but the woman on the line told me that all they need on the day is the reference number from that letter. Bringing the interview invite letter is not a requirement.

donpetuchi wrote:NCS or Postal: NCS

NCS Centre: Leicester

Submission Date: 25/09/2009

Date of Arrival: 26/09/2009

Criteria: 10 yrs + 1 yr ILR

Date of Debit Card payment: 01/10/2009

Acknowledgement: 05/10/2009 (dated 01/10/2009)

Receipt of Approval: 26/10/2009 (dated 15/10/2009)

Date of Ceremony: 10/11/2009

Date of Passport Application: 12/11/2009 (Check & Send)

Date of Passport Interview: 24/11/2009 (Called IPS today for update and they confirmed that they have requested an interview and provided me with a reference number to arrange my booking. Had an earlier date for this Saturday 21/11/2009 but wanted to allow more time to recieve the interview later by post as they only posted it today)
Date of Receipt of Passport: Pending