ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

can PSW dependent become student ?

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

soody
Newly Registered

can PSW dependent become student ?

Post by soody » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:28 pm

Hi,

is it possible for a PSW dependent to get student visa while staying in UK as dependent , and then his original sponsor become her dependent ??

my PSW is going to finish on april 2010 and i want to make my wife a student so i can be dependent on her .

Regards

soody
Newly Registered

Post by soody » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:50 pm

anybody knows anything please ???
than let me know.
Thanks

Jack_Hammer
BANNED

Post by Jack_Hammer » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:39 pm

Please be aware that you can only switch into Tier 4, from within the UK, from the following immigration categories:

* Student, including student immigration permission granted before and after 31 March 2009
* Prospective student
* Student re-sitting an examination
* Student writing up a thesis
* Student nurse
* Students' Union sabbatical officer
* Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) migrant
* International Graduates Scheme, Science and Engineering Graduate Scheme or Fresh Talent: Working in Scotland Scheme participant
* Tier 2 (General), Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) or Tier 2 (Minister of Religion) migrant.
* Work permit holder.

Please refer to the following links:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ede2a79a46

http://www.gold.ac.uk/international/visa/

Thanks
________
ARIZONA MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARY
Last edited by Jack_Hammer on Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

soody
Newly Registered

Post by soody » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:41 pm

thanks jack , still not sure what to do

zghani10

psw dependent visa

Post by zghani10 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:04 am

hi all!!

my wife submitted psw( dependent) visa yesterday from pakistan. they told it takes 15 working days...
i have attached all documents they asked for. my bank statement are £4500 since last 3months ... but the only thing worries me is that m working part-time.. does it really matter?? plz advise as i m really tense.

cheers

soody
Newly Registered

Re: psw dependent visa

Post by soody » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:36 am

zghani10 wrote:hi all!!

my wife submitted psw( dependent) visa yesterday from pakistan. they told it takes 15 working days...
i have attached all documents they asked for. my bank statement are £4500 since last 3months ... but the only thing worries me is that m working part-time.. does it really matter?? plz advise as i m really tense.

cheers
i think you don't need to worry, my wife got her PSW dependent visa a week ago ( from islamabad) and i don't even submit employer's letter with my application, just pay slips and i didnt mention it that i am working full time or part time anywhere. i was also worried like you but she got it.
hope for the best and good luck.