ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

donpetuchi
Newly Registered

Re: Update

Post by donpetuchi » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:19 pm

I was in the same situation as you and was thinking about postponing my passport interview to allow for the letter to reach me but the woman on the line told me that all they need on the day is the reference number from that letter. Bringing the interview invite letter is not a requirement
Really Sid? I'll call them later tonight then and if still available go for the Saturday date which is better for me in any case. Just thought presenting the letter was a requirement for the interview. Thanks for letting me know Sid.

sidster007

Post by sidster007 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:24 pm

That's what the lady on the phone told me. As long as you have the reference number to hand you can go for the interview.

mmoose
Newly Registered

Post by mmoose » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:50 pm

[quote="tango_orange"]Hi mmoose...
a friend of mine had a similaer issue..just call your bank and they will do it for you..in his case it was HSBC..

[quote="mmoose"]NCS or Postal: NCS, Tower Hamlets
Date of submission or posting: 30/09/09
Date of arrival at HO: 05/10/09
CRITERIA: 5yr WP + 1 ILR
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 09/10/09
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 15/10/09 (Dated 09/10/09)
Date of receipt of approval: 28/10/09 (Dated 17/10/09)
Date of Ceremony: 07/11/09
Date of appln. for passport: : 10/11/09
Method used: PO Check & Send
Date of receipt of reply for futher info: 19/11/09* (Dated 17/11/09)
Date of receipt of documents: pending
Interview for Passport : pending
Passport received: pending

* I've hit a bump in my "journey". IPS sent me a letter requesting further evidence of my previous addresses from my bank, employer, landlord, etc. I've had three different addresses in the past three years. Neither my bank nor employer cannot confirm previous addresses. Previous landlords are unlikely to be helpful. I don't recall seeing anyone else having this problem. Any advice? Curious they've already granted me citizenship but now insist on further evidence for the passport. :?:[/quote][/quote]

Ah, so another poor soul does exist out there. I asked my bank today (Citi) and they can only confirm my current address. No record of previous ones.

You'd think bank statement showing the previous address would be fine, but the letter explicitly states "Please note we will not accept a Bank Statement or utilities bill as suitable confirmation." I'll have to send them anyway as that's all I've got. No idea why they picked on me. :(

bechir

Post by bechir » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:40 pm

Hi as you see from my previous posts i had the exact letter banks will not help as soon you mention IPS So the best one to provide this fairly quick is your gp offically you normaly have a gp in any address you move i simply since none of the can provide a duc my gp did at the same day so for me was prob and dealt with it same day.
mmoose wrote:
tango_orange wrote:Hi mmoose...
a friend of mine had a similaer issue..just call your bank and they will do it for you..in his case it was HSBC..
mmoose wrote:NCS or Postal: NCS, Tower Hamlets

* I've hit a bump in my "journey". IPS sent me a letter requesting further evidence of my previous addresses from my bank, employer, landlord, etc. I've had three different addresses in the past three years. Neither my bank nor employer cannot confirm previous addresses. Previous landlords are unlikely to be helpful. I don't recall seeing anyone else having this problem. Any advice? Curious they've already granted me citizenship but now insist on further evidence for the passport. :?:
Ah, so another poor soul does exist out there. I asked my bank today (Citi) and they can only confirm my current address. No record of previous ones.

You'd think bank statement showing the previous address would be fine, but the letter explicitly states "Please note we will not accept a Bank Statement or utilities bill as suitable confirmation." I'll have to send them anyway as that's all I've got. No idea why they picked on me. :(

bechir

Post by bechir » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:42 pm

Wooo Congrats Racingfire is nice to hear you are british now :) in my case iam waiting for the red little red book now.:)
racingfire wrote:Hi guys,

A good news, i attend my private ceremony today, what a wonderful experience of my life, i am so happy to receive my certificate. The whole ceremony last nearly 15 minutes but was amazing. now i am british citizen, i am planning to go for holidays next week , i will apply my passport when i will come back.

I would like to thanks everyone on this forum who really help me and support me in this whole process. specailly bechir, sidster007, taliska, incognito, alina, troyguy and all of them who really help me.

Bechir hope so you will receive your passport tommorrow and sid same to you after interview some people get thier passport very next day or day after.

such a lovely experience God save the Queen

Updated

NCS or Postal: NCS, Haringey
Date of submission or posting: 03/09/09
Date of arrival at HO: 04/09/09
CRITERIA: HSMP (JR)
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 09/09/09
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 17/09/09 (Dtd. 09/09/09)
Date of receipt of approval: 11/11/09 (Dtd. 03/11/09)
Date of invitation letter: 18/11/09
Date of Ceremony: 19/11/09 (Private Ceremony)
Date of appln. for passport: pending
Method used: pending
Date of Receipt: pending

donpetuchi
Newly Registered

Post by donpetuchi » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:41 pm

That's what the lady on the phone told me. As long as you have the reference number to hand you can go for the interview
You were right Sid. Called them back and managed to get an appointment for this Saturday (early start at 08:45am though). Thanks again for the info.

taliska

Post by taliska » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:30 pm

Hi guys just an update. we have now attended our ceremony today. Had a few drinks so spelling may not be great. There wer a couple of problems first when we go to the ceremony they told us that my daughter needed an invitation letter so she could do the cermony but would not get the certificate until the HO sent the invitation letter(she's 10), I had called the HO when I had got an Invitation letter for myself and my wife when we got our approvals and queried why my daughter had not got one but the adviser told me that because she was a child she did not need one, which I told to the registrar at the ceremony, so after the ceremony we contacted the HO and got the letter faxed through so I collected the Certificate for my daughter.
However yet another problem they put the wrong country for Place of Birth on the Certificate of Registration of my daughter, so that's a bit of a problem now have to send it back to the HO for correction, I contacted the HO and the adviser said to write cover letter to caseworker and send the Certificate back along with uncertified copy of my daughters original passport(she wasn't born in the UK so has a passport from the country we came from). Anybody have a similar experience please let me know

Anyhow here is my timeline, I'll let you guys know the outcome of the ammendments they make

NCS or Postal: Postal
Joint Application AN for me and wife + 1 Child-appl MN1 section 3(1)
Date of submission or posting: 05/10/09 Arrived @HO 06/10/09
CRITERIA - 9 yr stay (3yr student + 5yrWP + 1 yr ILR)
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 14/10/09(Dated 9/10/09)
Date of receipt of approval: 22/10/09(dated 17/10/09) invitation letter same date
Date of Ceremony: 19/11/09 - Now it's confirmed We're Fully British :D
Date of appln. for passport
Method used
Date of Receipt

alina76

Post by alina76 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:58 pm

Hi racingfire,

congratulation. very happy for you. you will feel even better when you recieve your Red Book.
Have a nice holidays. Good luck.

racingfire wrote:Hi guys,

A good news, i attend my private ceremony today, what a wonderful experience of my life, i am so happy to receive my certificate. The whole ceremony last nearly 15 minutes but was amazing. now i am british citizen, i am planning to go for holidays next week , i will apply my passport when i will come back.

I would like to thanks everyone on this forum who really help me and support me in this whole process. specailly bechir, sidster007, taliska, incognito, alina, troyguy and all of them who really help me.

Bechir hope so you will receive your passport tommorrow and sid same to you after interview some people get thier passport very next day or day after.

such a lovely experience God save the Queen

Updated

NCS or Postal: NCS, Haringey
Date of submission or posting: 03/09/09
Date of arrival at HO: 04/09/09
CRITERIA: HSMP (JR)
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 09/09/09
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 17/09/09 (Dtd. 09/09/09)
Date of receipt of approval: 11/11/09 (Dtd. 03/11/09)
Date of invitation letter: 18/11/09
Date of Ceremony: 19/11/09 (Private Ceremony)
Method used: pending

sidster007

Post by sidster007 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:14 pm

Congratulations Taliska ! must be a good feeling.

taliska

Post by taliska » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:19 pm

THANKS Sidster007. It does feel good, just the little niggles with the errors on my daughters certificate, but we are pleased.

For anyone planning to travel on their original passports after Naturalisation. It does say in the Information pack you get when you attend the Ceremony that;

You are free from immigration control and if you plan to travel before obtaining a British passport you have to get Right of Abode stamp in your passport which will allow you to get back into the UK. There is a fee for getting the Right of Abode stamp. The stamp also expires when your passport does and cannot be transferred to another passport from country of origin.

So It is best to apply for passport before travel and ensure prior to booking holiday there is enough time to get the passport

So the Immigration officers will most likely give anyone travelling on the original passports, which are not british, a difficult time when trying to enter the UK if theydo not have the Right of Abode Stamp and the Naturalisation certificate is Not identification

Just thought I would post this to help others who have asked about this after they are getting their registration

kssantosh
Newly Registered

Post by kssantosh » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:36 am

mmoose wrote:NCS or Postal: NCS, Tower Hamlets

* I've hit a bump in my "journey". IPS sent me a letter requesting further evidence of my previous addresses from my bank, employer, landlord, etc. I've had three different addresses in the past three years. Neither my bank nor employer cannot confirm previous addresses. Previous landlords are unlikely to be helpful. I don't recall seeing anyone else having this problem. Any advice? Curious they've already granted me citizenship but now insist on further evidence for the passport. :?:
Could you please provide the full content of the letter please..Just curious to know if a simple letter stating that you had stayed in those addresses from the bank would do or a detailed letter with dates etc is required. To whome should this letter be addressed etc. It might be useful for people who are in similar situation to be prepared with options.

incognito
Newly Registered

Post by incognito » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:38 pm

Congratulations Taliska. We're all happy 4u. Its such a gr8 feeling. I currently have one final step, which is the interview then im done

bechir

Post by bechir » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:46 pm

I am extremely happy to say that I have just received my passport today it was a joy my road has now come to then end :):):) i like to thank all here for the support and help this forum been so helpful for my jurney i cannot explain the happiness,you day will come hang on there guys.
Here my the full track:
NCS or Postal: NCS, preston
Date of submission or posting: 16/09/09
Date of arrival at HO: 17/09/09
CRITERIA: 2yr + 1 ILR
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 22/09/09
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 26/09/09 (Dtd. 22/09/09)
Date of receipt of approval: 29/10/09 (Dtd 20/10/09)
Date of Ceremony: 02/11/09
Date of appln. for passport : 04/11/2009 (but only received by ips on 9/11/2009)
Method used : P.O Check and Send
Date Documents Recd.: 18/11/2009
Interview Date: 18/11/2009
Passport Received Date: 20/11/2009 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

good luck all.

donpetuchi
Newly Registered

Post by donpetuchi » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:56 pm

bechir wrote:I am extremely happy to say that I have just received my passport today it was a joy my road has now come to then end :):):) i like to thank all here for the support and help this forum been so helpful for my jurney i cannot explain the happiness,you day will come hang on there guys.
Here my the full track:
NCS or Postal: NCS, preston
Date of submission or posting: 16/09/09
Date of arrival at HO: 17/09/09
CRITERIA: 2yr + 1 ILR
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 22/09/09
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 26/09/09 (Dtd. 22/09/09)
Date of receipt of approval: 29/10/09 (Dtd 20/10/09)
Date of Ceremony: 02/11/09
Date of appln. for passport : 04/11/2009 (but only received by ips on 9/11/2009)
Method used : P.O Check and Send
Date Documents Recd.: 18/11/2009
Interview Date: 18/11/2009
Passport Received Date: 20/11/2009 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

good luck all.
Congratulations Bechir. You survived the tortuous journey then mate!!!! Well done. Am sure it's been worth the trouble.

igsu
Newly Registered

Post by igsu » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:30 pm

Hi guys, below is my case:

NCS - 4/09/09
CRITERIA: 5WP + 1 yr ILR Joint Application
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 14/09/09
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 18/09/09
Date of receipt of approval: pending
Date of Ceremony: pending
Method used: n/a

Anyone else in similar situation? I think it's taking to long now...

incognito
Newly Registered

Post by incognito » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:21 pm

Congratulations Bechir. The long journey is finally over. You can now relax and have a party :lol: . Ill be joining you soon. My interview is next week.

sidster007

Post by sidster007 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:55 pm

Yeah congratulations Bechir..I have my interview tomorrow and am hoping to get my passport sometime next week..if I'm lucky even by Wednesday ! Will definitely celebrate once I have the shiny red booklet in hand.

cheers

sidster007

Post by sidster007 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:23 pm

Hi Bechir,

You're passport came through very quickly ! that's awesome news. Now you will be able to go on holiday without any stress. Enjoy.

BTW did you receive the passport by special delivery?

bechir

Post by bechir » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:27 pm

Hi Sid
Thank You, Now no more stress i love it:) , yes both uk passport and native passport by secure delivery, the funny part it that my uk passport issued the same date as my interview same day, any way when you receive the passport you forget about all the stress you gone thrue is a lovely feeling yes iam celebrating with my partner, i be away when you get yours congrulation in advance :)
sidster007 wrote:Hi Bechir,

You're passport came through very quickly ! that's awesome news. Now you will be able to go on holiday without any stress. Enjoy.

BTW did you receive the passport by special delivery?

sidster007

Post by sidster007 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:14 am

Folks an update from my end- just came a while ago after attending my passport interview. The whole thing lasted 10-15 minutes and the questions I was asked were similar to Bechir's-

1) Spell full surname and first name
2) Date of birth
3) Place and country of birth
4) Which date and where did you have your citizenship ceremony- was it private or a group ceremony?
5) What date did you apply for your passport and through which route- postal/post office check and send/ in person ?
6) What type of passport did you ask for (I asked for the 48 page jumbo passport)
7) Mother's name, date of birth, place and country of birth
8) Father's name, date of birth, place and country of birth
9) What supporting documents did I enclose along with my passport application?
10) Mother and father's wedding anniversary date
11) What credit cards did I hold
12) Bank accounts held and place where I opened them
13) Asked for last 3 year address historu
14) Countersignee name, address, age , profession and relationship to me

After that she just said thank you for coming and that we will be in touch in 4-7 working days. She did not disclose whether my interview was successful and whether my passport would be issued.

Hope this helps others who are going for their interview soon.

Sid

getnoticed
Newly Registered

Post by getnoticed » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:08 pm

Update:
NCS or Postal: NCS
If NCS, which centre: Harrow
Date of submission or posting: 30 Oct 2009
CRITERIA - Ancestry (5 yrs + ILR)
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 03 Nov 2009
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 13 Nov 2009
Date of receipt of approval: 20 Nov 2009 (3 weeks to the day since applying)
Date of Ceremony:
Date of passport application:
Method used: Check and Send
Date of Receipt of Documents:
Date of passport interview:
Date of Receipt of Passport:

donpetuchi
Newly Registered

Passport Interview Update

Post by donpetuchi » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:22 pm

Had my passport interview this morning. Questions asked:

1. Full name and spelling
2. Date of Birth
3. Date of Citizenship ceremony
4. Current address & how long I have resided there
5. Previous address and duration
6. Who do you bank with?
7. Is there any adult living with me at my address? If yes, full names and spelling + relationship to me
8. Father's full name and date of birth
9. Mother's full name, date of birth & place of birth.
10. Name and how long I have known the person who counter-signed my form

The interview lasted less than 10 minutes and was told to expect passport in a week as they have to carry out some more checks and if not recieved in 2 weeks to contact IPS

tonyz
Newly Registered

Passport Interview Update

Post by tonyz » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:58 pm

Dear All,

my passport interview,

The whole thing lasted 10 minutes and the questions I was asked the followings

1) Spell full surname and first name
2) Date of birth
3) Place and country of birth
4) Which date and where did you have your citizenship ceremony- was it private or a group ceremony?
5) What date did you apply for your passport and through which route- postal/post office check and send/ in person ?
6) What type of passport did you ask for (I asked for the 48 page jumbo passport)
7) Mother's name, date of birth, place and country of birth
8)Father's name, date of birth, place and country of birth
9) What supporting documents did I enclose along with my passport application?
10) Mother and father's wedding anniversary date
11) What credit cards did I hold
12) Bank accounts held and place where I opened them
13) Asked for last 3 year address historu
14) Countersignee name, address, age , profession and relationship to me

thanks for the support

kind regards

sidster007

Post by sidster007 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:28 pm

Guys how soon after the interview (had it on Saturday) and through what mode (special delivery/royal mail 2nd class) should I expect my British passport? I rung the IPS to enquire about the return of my old passport and supporting documents (they are being delivered to me tomorrow) and they told me that my interview was successful and that the passport has been authorised to be issued and is now awaiting printing.

Just wanted to get an idea before scheduling my visit to the Indian high commission to obtain surrender certificate and then applying for Indian visa.

Thanks

Sid

incognito
Newly Registered

Post by incognito » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:10 pm

Hi Sid, You should receive your british passport via secure mail. They would never send it via 2nd class. I received my supporting docs via securemail too as i requested for that and paid the extra 3pounds