ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying Shortly from India-question to Chetan

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

eskay_s

Applying Shortly from India-question to Chetan

Post by eskay_s » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:02 am

Hi All,

I am a married person with 3year old kid,currently I am maintaining funds(equivalent to 2800GBP)for my self as I am planning to apply for my self from India.
I'll apply for my dependents later once I got the visa and maintain the funds for the same after I got visa.

Here I need some information on following questions mentioned in VAF9(Mar2009)for TIER1 .Plz help me.

Part 5:

5.1 Is your partner accompanying you or joining you later?

--->What should I mention for this,YES or NO .Because I am applying for my self currently and I am not maintaining any funds for my dependents

5.6 Do you have any children under 18 accompanying you or joining you later?

--->What should I mention for this,YES or NO .Because I am applying for my self currently and I am not maintaining any funds for my dependents

5.7 If YES please provide full details about the child.

6.4 Have you been granted a visa for the UK in the last 10years? If YES please provide details.

Date Purpose Duration Reference Number

------> I did travel to Uk 2 times in 2007.First on 09th may for business meetings with our client on visa type is 'C-Visit' so I mentioned reference nuber from visa.

And after 3 months I returned back from UK and travelled back to London again on 08oct2007 on work permit.So for this visa which reference number should I mention, is the work permit number?or number mentioned on visa?Please suggest

6.8 Have you made an application to the home office to remain in the UK in the last 10year?

-------> when should to say 'NO' and when should to say 'YES'?

Tx in Advance

eskay_s

Post by eskay_s » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:13 pm

Could some one plz reply for my queries?

sgbajwa
Newly Registered

Re: Applying Shortly from India-question to Chetan

Post by sgbajwa » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:56 pm

Your answer is below...

Part 5:

Say no as you are applying for yourself..

No..

Leave it blank

6.4 Have you been granted a visa for the UK in the last 10years? If YES please provide details.
See Aditional information and passport with all visas have been attached.

6.8 Have you made an application to the home office to remain in the UK in the last 10year?

See Aditional information and passport with all visas have been attached.

And in 7 Question for Additional information - Just write down whole story...and mention that you have a wife and three children and they may join you at later stage once you get a job and accomodation.

eskay_s

Post by eskay_s » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:13 pm

Thanks for your reply sgbajwa.

Chetan Ojha: Could please confirm the same?

Tx

eskay_s

Post by eskay_s » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:47 am

Can some one married persons confirm who recently applied from India for him self?

p_p
Newly Registered

Please help

Post by p_p » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:58 am

I want to apply for the UK Tier 1 (Highly skilled workers) permit; I have gone through the UK immigration website and also checked the eligibility in the point based calculator which was successful, but I am having confusion on one point under education qualification, I have done engineering in Electronics& Telecommunication from pandit Ravi Shankar shukla university Raipur Chhattisgarh. I want to know if it comes under professional qualification or no

middletier 1

Post by middletier 1 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:11 am

regarding the same issue i called the VFS centre and they told me that even though you say no to 5.1 you need to fill the details of your dependents.

since you said no to your question 5.1 no need to write in 7 also

thats what vfs told to me

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Applying Shortly from India-question to Chetan

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:14 am

eskay_s wrote:Hi All,

I am a married person with 3year old kid,currently I am maintaining funds(equivalent to 2800GBP)for my self as I am planning to apply for my self from India.
I'll apply for my dependents later once I got the visa and maintain the funds for the same after I got visa.

Here I need some information on following questions mentioned in VAF9(Mar2009)for TIER1 .Plz help me.

Part 5:

Say NO here.

Say NO here. So far you don't have plan for them so better say NO.

leave blank.

Date Purpose Duration Reference Number

------> I did travel to Uk 2 times in 2007.First on 09th may for business meetings with our client on visa type is 'C-Visit' so I mentioned reference nuber from visa.

And after 3 months I returned back from UK and travelled back to London again on 08oct2007 on work permit.So for this visa which reference number should I mention, is the work permit number?or number mentioned on visa?Please suggest
I would say mention Business Visa no. Thats the first time you travelled to UK.

-------> when should to say 'NO' and when should to say 'YES'?

Say YES here. Mention WP details here.
Tx in Advance

p_p
Newly Registered

Post by p_p » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:13 am

:( No replies

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Please help

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:15 am

p_p wrote:I want to apply for the UK Tier 1 (Highly skilled workers) permit; I have gone through the UK immigration website and also checked the eligibility in the point based calculator which was successful, but I am having confusion on one point under education qualification, I have done engineering in Electronics& Telecommunication from pandit Ravi Shankar shukla university Raipur Chhattisgarh. I want to know if it comes under professional qualification or no
P_P

If your application is INITIAL Application or new or first time.. please understand that as per the new rules mininmum qualification should be Masters Degree

And when you go through the PBS Calculator did the system give u edited ANY points for ur qualification?? it will give if it thinks it is equal to UK Masters..
Last edited by tvn_ramesh on Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

p_p
Newly Registered

Post by p_p » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:23 am

Hi Ramesh

Many thanks for reply.
I am little confused by point based calculator

If i will select qualification as bachlor degree and then my university and engineering then it gives back 0 point but if i will select proffesional qualificationa nad then select my university and engineeing course of length then it gives back 35 points.

that is why i wanted to know if B.E is considred as proffsional qulaification in uk or not.

Thanks in advance
prashant

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:39 am

p_p wrote:Hi Ramesh

Many thanks for reply.
I am little confused by point based calculator

If i will select qualification as bachlor degree and then my university and engineering then it gives back 0 point but if i will select proffesional qualificationa nad then select my university and engineeing course of length then it gives back 35 points.

that is why i wanted to know if B.E is considred as proffsional qulaification in uk or not.

Thanks in advance
prashant
As far as i know Bachelor of Engineering from India is not considered as equivalent UK masters.. so the PBS is not giving u any points

p_p
Newly Registered

Post by p_p » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:50 am

Yes you are correct that B.E from india is not equivalent to Masters in uk but does it is equivalent to professional qulaification of because when i select it as profession qualification keeping all other option same it gives back 35 points.

this is the output of PBS.
Last edited by p_p on Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:11 pm

p_p wrote:Yes you are correct that B.E from india is not equivalent to Masters in uk but does it is equivalent to professional qulaification of because when i select it as profession qualification keeping all other option same it gives back 35 points.
please edit and delete ur personal details..

i copied it.. will try on PBS at my end and get back to you.. cheers

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:20 pm

I think you have to use what ever has been mentioned on your ORIGINAL Degree certificate in the QUALIFICATION drop down..

Degree of Bachelor of Enineering is it mentioned like this or

???

how can you use Professinal Examinations in that drop down unless it is mentioend on ur certificate and how will u support that??

i think you can not use Professinal Examinations as your Qualification.. as your qualification is Bachelor Degree.. or what ever is written on ur Original degree.

p_p
Newly Registered

Post by p_p » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:33 pm

Hi Ramesh

Thank you very much for your extended support :)
Last edited by p_p on Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

p_p
Newly Registered

Post by p_p » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:37 pm

Yes may be your right :(

Again Many thanks for you support and time.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:54 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:you can not use Professinal Examinations as your Qualification.. as your qualification is Bachelor Degree.. or what ever is written on ur Original degree.
That's correct. B.E. cannot be used for professional qualification. It is treated as equivalent to UK's Bachelor Degree(with Honours).