ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form 8 specific clarifications, please?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

v emmy

Form 8 specific clarifications, please?

Post by v emmy » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:08 am

Question Re naturalisation appl of non-EU based on residency:

"Part 4. Previous addresses
  • Please provide details of ALL of your previous addresses starting with the most recent one"
    • ALL previous addresses since birth? or addresses since moving to Ireland? Last x no. years??
"Part 9. Parents details
  • Mother... name.... (current name first, last?) Birth last name if different.
    • Maybe I'm being obtuse, but it is not deliberate. My mother married my father, so I list her married name in first box, right? Then list her maiden surname in next box?
Page 8
PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU HAVE:
ENCLOSED ALL DOCUMENTATION REQUESTED IN THIS FORM.

• Copy of documentation from Revenue Commissioners regarding tax affairs if employed.
    • Does this mean anything more than a P21? How many years? 2008 only? All years?
      I've seen P60's mentioned on other boards in posts dated 2009. Do we need to provide copies of P60's as well? How many years?
  • Copy of bank statements for the previous 3 months.
    • As, I assume, we are demonstrating our ability to support ourselves, should we include savings account statement covering previous 3 months?
      Should we also include bank statements from home country? (had to leave retirement accounts there or pay penalties for early withdrawal)
      What about company pension plans here?
The "Guidance Note" pdf isn't much help on the clarification of documentation requested.

Thanks for any clarifications offered.

Lost Soul

Post by Lost Soul » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:18 am

We listed all addresses since birth.

Your mother's current name in the first box and maiden name in the second box.

P21 balancing statement for the last year and any other years you have. You can send later ones as you receive them to avoid being asked later.

Irish current and saving account statements. We didn't bother with anything else.

Ours are all approved by the way.

Good luck

v emmy

Post by v emmy » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:30 pm

Thanks, Lost (hope you are found soon :D ), and congratulations on being approved.

Maybe I should mention I am 59 yrs old. I wonder if this will make my application viewed differently than someone around 30.

This is also why I wonder if they would want other supporting bank statements, retirement accounts. I suppose they will ask once it's being processed.

Listing all addresses since birth would result in a very long list, as my former husband had a job that made us move quite often! I shudder to think of that list! More stable and less mobile after divorce!

It is good of you to be on here answering questions if the process is behind you. I hope I will be as kind if I make it through.

Lost Soul

Post by Lost Soul » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:47 am

I was 55 when I was naturalised so I'm sure you'll be fine.
I have checked my form and find I only listed our last address in South Africa and our two addresses in Ireland. Sorry I thought I put them all in but I was wrong. Would have beeen a long list too.

v emmy

Post by v emmy » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:20 pm

HUGE "thank you," Lost Soul! Phew.
I'm glad I didn't start working on the list!

Again, thank you for staying on this forum and helping those of us on "the other side" even though you have completed the process. I hope I will be as considerate once I get through it, if I make it!