ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 - Awaiting Approval

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

soul.biz

EEA2 - Awaiting Approval

Post by soul.biz » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:55 am

My husband and I applied for the EEA2 - Non-EEA National, in January 2009 (I'm Canadian, husband is from Spain) and have submitted all the required paperwork apart from our passports. Along with the application, we sent photocopies of the passports and a cover letter informing UKBA to contact us once the passports are required.

We received a letter last Friday asking for the passports - within the same letter is a Home Office Reference Number ( I was told this is a good thing because it means that our case is being processed). On the following Monday, November 16th, a UKBA agent called to ask for the passports.

Of course, I sent them immediately via special delivery yesterday. Just wanted to know how long it should take for them to process the application now that they have all the documents required (as confirmed by the agent over the telephone on Monday)? We are travelling on January 3rd and need the passports by mid-December. This gives UKBA one month to process the application - is this ample time?

Thank you all for your help!

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:14 pm

I suspect that within the next week or so you will have received back the passports plus your Residence Card.

Panic not.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

soul.biz

Post by soul.biz » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:10 am

Thank you for your help.

flyhoney
Newly Registered

Post by flyhoney » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:28 pm

so did you get it?

if my math skills are ok, it means you waited what, 11 months?

i'm still waiting...

soul.biz

Post by soul.biz » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:54 am

Still waiting...it has been 11 months now...sent in a complaint. So tired of this!

Lilly

Post by Lilly » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:07 am

I've sent my passports back in October after 17 months my application was made. This week is 19 months I've made my application and I am still waiting for the return of my documents + Residence card. Mind you it was EEA4, so yours may be slightly different.