ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 dependent visa in india for baby born in UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sandy25sxc
Newly Registered

Tier 1 dependent visa in india for baby born in UK

Post by sandy25sxc » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:15 am

Hi,

I am an Indian national resident in UK with Tier 1 General Visa. We had a baby born in UK 2 weeks back. I have taken the Indian passport of the baby but not yet taken the dependent visa. My wife now needs to travel to India urgently with the baby for some personal reasons. I have two questions- First, is there any problem at immigration check in India for the baby if she has Indian passport but is without the UK visa. I believe there should not be but if somebody has a different experience it will be of help to know the problem.
Second, can a UK born baby apply for Tier 1 dependent visa from India. I checked with Home Office who say it can be done. The legal rules also seem to permit it. However, it would be good to know if somebody has had a personal experience in this regard. Is the original passport of the the father also required for dependent visa application in India or would the copies of passport do?
We need to decide this urgently and hence would really appreciate of somebody could give a quick response.

ukvisaguru_co_uk

Post by ukvisaguru_co_uk » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:15 pm

One of my friend did that but it can take upto 3 months to get Dependent visa for a child in India.

Is your wife going to be there for at least three months?

Original Passport of father is not required, but it will be a good idea to submit with copies of Passport with Visa page. you can submit your wife's passport as your child is her dependant as well and that passport has the visa stamped on it. If you are showing the Maintenance Fund, Bith certificate and Passport, then visa application for child is not a big fuss.

Please make sure that you get the full Birth certificate as well.

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 1 dependent visa in india for baby born in UK

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:40 pm

sandy25sxc wrote:Hi,

I am an Indian national resident in UK with Tier 1 General Visa. We had a baby born in UK 2 weeks back. I have taken the Indian passport of the baby but not yet taken the dependent visa. My wife now needs to travel to India urgently with the baby for some personal reasons. I have two questions- First, is there any problem at immigration check in India for the baby if she has Indian passport but is without the UK visa. I believe there should not be but if somebody has a different experience it will be of help to know the problem.

Unless it is very urjent then u can sent yr depents to home but while coming u have to go through strgent rules of Imm. applcable to children , housing , accomdatin , and funding

so get stamping , no doubt fees is high but no hassel other wise ready for provinding all those supporting

Second, can a UK born baby apply for Tier 1 dependent visa from India. I checked with Home Office who say it can be done. The legal rules also seem to permit it. However, it would be good to know if somebody has had a personal experience in this regard. Is the original passport of the the father also required for dependent visa application in India or would the copies of passport do?
We need to decide this urgently and hence would really appreciate of somebody could give a quick response.