ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

british citizenship - minor traffic office

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sam19
Newly Registered

british citizenship - minor traffic office

Post by sam19 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:56 pm

dear members,

i am about to make an applicaiton for a british citizenship after having my ILR for 1 year. i have a question and it is - i have got 3 fixed penelty points (TS10 - red trafic light break) and £60 fine. I must tell you that it was NOT CONVICTED IN COURT AT ALL. I paid money and send my license for endorcement as soon as i got letter from metropolitan police that their camera caught me breaking a traffic light.

Do i need to delcare it in the form because it is a minor traffic offence and second it was not convicted in court.

in the form guidelines it says...you do not need to declare any minor traffic offence unless it was given in court..

my dilema is that do i need to declare it or not..

is anyone the forum had same problem but granted british citizenship...

thanks..

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:58 pm

donpetuchi
Newly Registered

Re: british citizenship - minor traffic office

Post by donpetuchi » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:38 pm

Do i need to delcare it in the form because it is a minor traffic offence and second it was not convicted in court.
I had a similar experience and at the NCS the lady advised that I declare the offence although it would not have any negative bearing on the application. I did declare the offence (with a copy of my license attached) and my application was still approved. It is up to you though. Although you did not go to court, it'll still show up on their routine searches. I appreciate there is some conflict in information on the UKBA website.