ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Registration Success (MN1) For Child Born in Uk

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

donpetuchi
Newly Registered

Post by donpetuchi » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:48 pm

hi, can i register my child for MN1? she was born here in the uk age 7yrs and and i have just received my leave to remain was told thou it is discretion so is it still ok to apply for MN1
YES

SAMBOO
Newly Registered

Post by SAMBOO » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:01 pm

donpetuchi, is that yes for me? about doing the mn1 form for my daughter now i have discretionary leave.

donpetuchi
Newly Registered

Post by donpetuchi » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:08 pm

SAMBOO wrote:donpetuchi, is that yes for me? about doing the mn1 form for my daughter now i have discretionary leave.
Samboo did you say you now have Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR)? If yes then use form MN1 for your daughter. If you just have 'Leave to Remain' then you are not 'settled' and so you cannot apply for Registration for your daughter till you have your ILR. Hope this helps.

SAMBOO
Newly Registered

Post by SAMBOO » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:16 pm

ok thank you very much ill just have to wait an c wat is in the book monday. they just told me over phone i get it leave to remain.

smartchap2k

Post by smartchap2k » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:42 pm

just to let you know guys, the child is not an Indian citizen by descent unless his birth is registered at the Indian embassy with in one year of this birth.

Please see the following details which i found on ministry of home affairs website, Govt of India
"By Descent (section 4)

A person born outside India on or after 26th January 1950 but before 10th December 1992 is a citizen of India by descent, if his father was a citizen of India at the time of his birth. A person born outside India on or after 10th December 1992, is considered as a citizen of India if either of his parents is a citizen of India at the time of his birth. From 07th January 2004, a person born outside India shall not be a citizen of India by virtue of this Section, unless his birth is registered at an Indian consulate within one year of the date of birth or with the permission of the Central Government, after the expiry of the said period. An application, for registration of the birth of a minor child, to an Indian consulate under Section 4(1) shall be made in Form I and shall be accompanied by an undertaking in writing from the parents of such minor child that he or she does not hold the passport of another country."

zobir
Newly Registered

Post by zobir » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:05 pm

Hello there!
Did you book any appoitment to send your mn1 from trought the NCS,because I went this moring and one lazy men told me that you need anappoitment for that,and the nearest day wil be on the 21th of january :shock: i was not sur because the last time when I wen there no one told me about it,can i try another tow Hall.

Regards

zobir
Newly Registered

can you help please .

Post by zobir » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:06 pm

Hello there!
Did you book any appoitment to send your mn1 from trought the NCS,because I went this moring and one lazy men told me that you need anappoitment for that,and the nearest day wil be on the 21th of january :shock: i was not sur because the last time when I wen there no one told me about it,can i try another tow Hall

Regards .

natural123
Newly Registered

Post by natural123 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:28 am

hi smartchap2k,

You have mentioned a useful information about Indian citizenship. Would you give me a link of home ministry affairs website of india from where you found this information? 8)

f2k
Diamond Member

Re: can you help please .

Post by f2k » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:24 pm

zobir wrote:Hello there!
Did you book any appoitment to send your mn1 from trought the NCS,because I went this moring and one lazy men told me that you need anappoitment for that,and the nearest day wil be on the 21th of january :shock: i was not sur because the last time when I wen there no one told me about it,can i try another tow Hall

Regards .
I think it might depend on the council where you want to go for the NCS. the one i used you have to phone and make an appointment in advance, i suspect this is the case with most if not all the councils. i would suggest you ring the ones nearest to you find out. Remember you dont have to go to your local council

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:44 pm

zobir wrote:Hello there!
Did you book any appoitment to send your mn1 from trought the NCS,because I went this moring and one lazy men told me that you need anappoitment for that,and the nearest day wil be on the 21th of january :shock: i was not sur because the last time when I wen there no one told me about it,can i try another tow Hall.

Regards
Yes Zobir,

You have to have an appointment. Even for a child's application. (MN1) They charge £20 for a child appointment in my borough. May vary with other boroughs.
KESH

smartchap2k

Post by smartchap2k » Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:10 pm

Hi Natural 123,

Sorry for the delay ( extreme !) , just type in 'eligibility for indian citizenship in google" and you will come across the ministry of home affairs page

Cheers
ope it helps

kramer74
Newly Registered

Post by kramer74 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:08 pm

John wrote:aaanjoo, the difference is not so much whether the child personally has ILR, but where they were born. If child born in the UK :-
  • if born after one or both parents has their own ILR, then child automatically British from the moment of birth, but
  • if born prior to both parents getting their ILR, it is necessary to apply for registration as British using form MN!, but no ILR compulsory when making that application
Consider this list, in order, which could actually happen (although admittedly the timescale would usually tend to be a bit longer!) :-
  • child is born on Monday
  • on Tuesday one or both parents get their ILR[(at a PEO)
  • on Wednesday the birth is registered, so a birth certificate is issued
  • on Thursday the form MN1 is posted!
The point is this. The child does not have a visa, or indeed a passport, but nevertheless an application for Registration as British can still be made.
I need a clarification here. I am on a work permit currently. My son was born in the UK in November '09. I am eligible to apply for ILR in February '10. My son does not have an Indian passport yet. My understanding is that once I get my ILR, my son can directly register for British citizenship. The question is whether I need to get an Indian passport for my son in order to register him as a British citizen. One solicitor was of the opinion that the Indian passport would be needed as it's listed as one of the documents that needs to be produced for registration. So I am a bit confused, as this thread seems to suggest he doesn't need an Indian passport. Can some one please clarify.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:49 pm

child does NOT need to have a passport. I registered my child last summer and didnt have one.

smartchap2k

Post by smartchap2k » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:43 pm

Yes Kramer74,

I am in a similar situation as yourself and f2k seems to be a real Guru in what he says.

I phone HO helpline and they suggested, for a child born in UK the only thing they would want is birth certificate and your proof of your ILR.

As this is a case where child would have entitlement, his current nationality/passport, etc is immaterial.

zobir
Newly Registered

need your help please john

Post by zobir » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:33 pm

Hello John how are you?

I just get my son certificate and planning to apply for his passport,can you please tell me wich document do i have so send after feeling up the form and get it signe, so the full birth certificate,the Britsh registration certificate,2 pictures ,form anything else? am i correct .
Regards .

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Re: need your help please john

Post by keshgrover » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:34 pm

zobir wrote:Hello John how are you?

I just get my son certificate and planning to apply for his passport,can you please tell me wich document do i have so send after feeling up the form and get it signe, so the full birth certificate,the Britsh registration certificate,2 pictures ,form anything else? am i correct .
Regards .

With my experience. Registration certificate, two photographs, form and parent's passports (Who ever has the ILR). Dont forget to add the fee. (lol)
KESH

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:45 pm

when i applied for my child i didnt include parents passport(s).

With regards to the photos makesure it is also countersigned by your 'referee'

farrukhshk
Newly Registered

can somebody help and confirm?

Post by farrukhshk » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:39 pm

RAJ2007 wrote:aaanjoo,

yes there is diff.

1. If the child is not born here and gets ILR when parents get it, then they will go for naturalisation as usual (like in your case).

2. If the child is born in UK after their parents got ILR, then that child do not need to apply for MN1, then he can apply for British PP directly.

3. If the child is born before parents got ILR, then he needs to apply for MN1 and then apply for British PP.
my wife, myself and my daughter applied for ILR in October 09 and got it back in Jan 2010. During this process, our son was born in Dec 09. Based on above reply, I am assuming that I need to apply for his BC via Form MN1. Please confirm. Second, the Form MN1 requires ILR reference number, which obviously I don't have. What should I quote for the same?

f2k
Diamond Member

Re: can somebody help and confirm?

Post by f2k » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:22 pm

farrukhshk wrote:
RAJ2007 wrote:aaanjoo,

my wife, myself and my daughter applied for ILR in October 09 and got it back in Jan 2010. During this process, our son was born in Dec 09. Based on above reply, I am assuming that I need to apply for his BC via Form MN1. Please confirm. Second, the Form MN1 requires ILR reference number, which obviously I don't have. What should I quote for the same?
Yes form MN1 is the correct form you would be applying under section 1(3).
Just leave it blank.

goody09

MN1 time line

Post by goody09 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:20 pm

submission by NCS 15 th Jan

money taken 17th Jan

ack 19 th jan

Aproval 3rd Feb

Best wishes

TC

Help with MN1 Form

Post by TC » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:03 pm

Hi,

I am applying for registration of my children born in UK before I got ILR using MN1 form under Section 1(3). I need some help filling in the form. Thanks in advance.

Do I need to fill Section 2: Residence requirements?

2.1 Date of arrival? My Chidren are born in UK

2.2 Details on other parent's address??

2.3 Absences. Does it need to be filled for Section 1(3)?

Section 3. Parent's Residence in the UK and absences. Do I need to fill this section as it does not matter to make a decision based on Section 1(3)?

Section 5. Referees.

Can a doctor who know us personally act as the first referee?

I am not planning to use NCS and help with the above would be appreciated as I do not want my application rejected.

Thanks.

goody09

Re: Help with MN1 Form

Post by goody09 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:30 pm

Hi there,

For MN1 registration, any section that you got answer for you should fill it in, in my case my child was just born in UK last Dec and we did not go anywhere since birth so there was many sections that I left it without answer and there was any problem also for the refree any body he knows you for last three years even if he she is a family friend, so you should not worry at all

Best wishes

Goody

TC wrote:Hi,

I am applying for registration of my children born in UK before I got ILR using MN1 form under Section 1(3). I need some help filling in the form. Thanks in advance.

Do I need to fill Section 2: Residence requirements?

2.1 Date of arrival? My Chidren are born in UK

2.2 Details on other parent's address??

2.3 Absences. Does it need to be filled for Section 1(3)?

Section 3. Parent's Residence in the UK and absences. Do I need to fill this section as it does not matter to make a decision based on Section 1(3)?

Section 5. Referees.

Can a doctor who know us personally act as the first referee?

I am not planning to use NCS and help with the above would be appreciated as I do not want my application rejected.

Thanks.

JEE12345
Newly Registered

Post by JEE12345 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:29 pm

Hi All

Please advise how to register my daughter as British Citizen

My Daughter 8yrs old and she got ILR on last year
I got British citizenship on 2008 and my wife on ILR

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:35 pm

JEE12345, please clarify, is she your daughter, or your step-daughter?

Also, how long have your wife and child been in the UK?
John

JEE12345
Newly Registered

Post by JEE12345 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:35 am

John wrote:JEE12345, please clarify, is she your daughter, or your step-daughter?

Also, how long have your wife and child been in the UK?
Hi John

May thanks for your reply

She is my Daughter only due to her studies she was with my parents until May 2009

I am in this country since 2003 and my wife since 2004