ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa - Self-employed (IT) British Citizen

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cool_rahul
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa - Self-employed (IT) British Citizen

Post by cool_rahul » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:48 am

Hi all,
First of all I would like to thank you for taking time to read this lengthy posting.

I am a British citizen and going to marry an Indian citizen in January and planning to apply for her spouse visa the following week. There are few things I am not sure about in terms of the supporting documents.

I am working as an independent software consultant through my own limited company and earning in excess of £4000 - minimum(varies based on the contract rate) after taxes. But I only my pay myself about £1500-2000 each month as salary and bonus from my limited company based on expenses for that particular month and I could withdraw the rest as dividend whenever I want to.

I have accumulated over £40000 in my company account as dividend after taxes, which means that amount is my savings. My question is, is the fact that I don't have any savings in my personal bank account going to affect the chances of getting a spouse visa for my wife? How do I handle this? Shall I provide 6 months company bank statements and 3 months personal bank statements? Is there anything else I could do to guarantee the approval of my wife's spouse visa?

Last year company accounts submitted to HMRC shows that I am entitled for £20000 as dividend after all taxes. Although I have an additional £20000 this year, this year's accounts won't be ready until end of January but I have statements to proof the total £40000 I am entitled to.

I don't have any issues with any other documents required for the visa application. Not sure if this helps, but my wife is a currently working as a software consultant in a reputed firm but will be resigning in december.

Any input/help/suggestions on this matter would be very much appreciated. Thanks. :D

cool_rahul
Newly Registered

Post by cool_rahul » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:19 pm

Anyone???

HeartGambler
Newly Registered

Post by HeartGambler » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:30 pm

U need a gud accountant who can help you do accounts before january on an estimation basis.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:41 pm

For self emplyed peoplethe ECO will need to see last two years accounts certified by your accountant.

No need for personal saving statements for people like you,but will need business bank statements as proof .

Your wifes savings and employment records would be benneficial to her application if she can provide them with application at time :P