ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Paid by Cheque

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

email257525
BANNED

Paid by Cheque

Post by email257525 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:25 pm

Hi,

My employer paid me througn monthly cheques. and those cheques clearance dates are different every month into my personal bank accout.

I have payslips plus bank statements.
Do you think i should get a letter from employer because of different dates of pay and dates in the statements.

thanks.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Paid by Cheque

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:42 pm

email257525 wrote:Hi,

My employer paid me througn monthly cheques. and those cheques clearance dates are different every month into my personal bank accout.

Do you think i should get a letter from employer because of different dates of pay and dates in the statements.

thanks.
Dates are not a problem as long as the NET amounts in the payslips and bankstatements match each other..

But since they are paid by cheque.. it would be great relief for you and make ur case stronger if u can get a letter from ur employee in the format below..

Add Cheque No. to the table.. if possible..

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=46010

mno2uk

Post by mno2uk » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:17 pm

Now i have a question here as to :

I worked part time for a couple of months and got cheques for it which i deposited in the bank ..

How can i document this one ? are pay slips necessary as the vfs ppl say it would be a good evidence and i think for part time outside UK the payment part is not on pay slips for project work etc although i can arrange a letter..as i was not given any pay slips.. :( just the cheques in hand..

now here again the main consideration being that they shd match the amounts .. bank and letter...

tvn_ramesh wrote:

thanks.
Dates are not a problem as long as the NET amounts in the payslips and bankstatements match each other..

But since they are paid by cheque.. it would be great relief for you and make ur case stronger if u can get a letter from ur employee in the format below..

mno2uk

Post by mno2uk » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:08 pm

Should this be fine for the format .. in this case ..

calling all gurus to check out !!!

COMPANY LETTERHEAD

Dated: XX.XX.09

To Whom It May Concern

This is to certify that <Name> was employed on as <Designation> on part time basis.

The period of his services was from <start> to <end>

The remuneration details are as under:

Month--Cheque No.---Date of Bank Credit---Gross SalaryRs.- Net Salary (Rs.)

Total

Should you require any further information please feel free to contact this office at the below mentioned modes.

Yours faithfully,

For & On behalf of < company name>

Person-
Phone –
Email etc ..

mno2uk wrote:Now i have a question here as to :

I worked part time for a couple of months and got cheques for it which i deposited in the bank ..

How can i document this one ? are pay slips necessary as the vfs ppl say it would be a good evidence and i think for part time outside UK the payment part is not on pay slips for project work etc although i can arrange a letter..as i was not given any pay slips.. :( just the cheques in hand..

now here again the main consideration being that they shd match the amounts .. bank and letter...

tvn_ramesh wrote:

thanks.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:13 am

mno2uk wrote:Should this be fine for the format .. in this case ..

COMPANY LETTERHEAD

To Whom It May Concern

This is to certify that <Name> was employed on as <Designation> on part time basis.

Total

Should you require any further information please feel free to contact this office at the below mentioned modes.

Yours faithfully,

Person-
Phone –
Email etc ..
That is fine.. as long as it is on the company letterhead and all the NET Amounts match exactly with those in the Bank statement.. pls check that.. one u give a letter.. nothing shd mis match between these evidences..

email257525
BANNED

Hi

Post by email257525 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:34 pm

@ Ramesh

Thank you for your reply,

as my employer have been paying through cheques and the dates of payment on statements are different every month.

One more thing, would you advise on it as well plz
One month it happened employer had to go abroad in emergency for 4 weeks, so i got two cheques next month.

he went on 02 august and come back on 01 sep, so i could not get my July pay, I have two cheques in sep, one of july pay and one for aug pay.

i heard that ho do calculations on month to month basis. In my case what shall i do.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Hi

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:53 pm

email257525 wrote:@ Ramesh

Thank you for your reply,

as my employer have been paying through cheques and the dates of payment on statements are different every month.

Even though it is not a problem, As you are having the letter and "Date of Bank credit" column will make sure it is fine

One more thing, would you advise on it as well plz
One month it happened employer had to go abroad in emergency for 4 weeks, so i got two cheques next month.

he went on 02 august and come back on 01 sep, so i could not get my July pay, I have two cheques in sep, one of july pay and one for aug pay.

i heard that ho do calculations on month to month basis. In my case what shall i do.

No, having 2payments in 1month is not a problem as long as it makes sense;

for this payment of July and Aug paid in Sep do u have 2payslips or 1payslip with both amounts mentioned.. if 2different payslips, pls explain this bit in the cover letter and also in the Employer letter.. so that CW knows abt it.

email257525
BANNED

Hi

Post by email257525 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:00 pm

@ Ramesh,

I actually get 2 payslips in sep
one for july
one for aug

and two cheques
one for july
one for aug

i doposited both cheques in sep and date of credit into account is in sep.

shall i present just one employer letter with the all paymets gross and net in table formate plus this bit. or shall i explain this bit in an other letter. so two letters from employer.

thanks

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Hi

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:45 pm

email257525 wrote:@ Ramesh,

I actually get 2 payslips in sep
one for july
one for aug

and two cheques
one for july
one for aug

i doposited both cheques in sep and date of credit into account is in sep.

shall i present just one employer letter with the all paymets gross and net in table formate plus this bit. or shall i explain this bit in an other letter. so two letters from employer.

thanks
Go with 1letter only as this bit does not require explaination from employer, you can just mention that in the cover letter..

You are good to go..

mno2uk

Post by mno2uk » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:27 pm

@Ramesh..

So in essence two proofs are needed .. one is the letter(if i dnt have payslips) and other ofcourse the bank statements matching ..

is there a need to attach photocopies of cheques along ? would that help .. or that is extra information that might confuse the CW. ?

Suggestions please ..
tvn_ramesh wrote:
mno2uk wrote:Should this be fine for the format .. in this case ..

COMPANY LETTERHEAD

To Whom It May Concern

Total

Yours faithfully,

Person-
Phone –
Email etc ..
That is fine.. as long as it is on the company letterhead and all the NET Amounts match exactly with those in the Bank statement.. pls check that.. one u give a letter.. nothing shd mis match between these evidences..

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:39 pm

mno2uk wrote:@Ramesh..

So in essence two proofs are needed .. one is the letter(if i dnt have payslips) and other ofcourse the bank statements matching ..

is there a need to attach photocopies of cheques along ? would that help .. or that is extra information that might confuse the CW. ?

Suggestions please ..
If your bankstatements are showing Cheques No's and since your employer letter No wil have Cheque No's authorized by your Manager that shd do the job but if you have full set of cheque's for your happiness you can attach them not a problem...

But please make sure that the all the details on the LETTER matches EXactly with the bankstatements as they are ur sole evidences.. like NET Amount, Cheque No. etc..

email257525
BANNED

Post by email257525 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:23 pm

@Ramesh

When i see at the bank statements, it just say cheque credit.
It does nt mention any cheque no.
And i dont hv cheque nos by i may get the cheque no from employer.

How many colum shal i make in the employer letter?

I m thinking, month, gros, net, date of bank credit,

Advise plz

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:54 pm

email257525 wrote:@Ramesh

Advise plz
It is not a problem... some banks put the cheque no. somedont.. its ok

Use the template chetan provided and instead of Columns PAYSLIPS and BANKSTATEMENTS put.. Date of Credit in Bank and Cheque No.

mno2uk

Post by mno2uk » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:27 am

email257525 ..Champ..

Well i guess u stick to the format i pasted in and like @ Ramesh said that all the details MUST match the ones in statements..

and as long as there is an EXACT match ..you are safe.. :)

@Ramesh - in my case the entries in statement are "company name-cheque no." right there and so i have made sure the cheque no. are in the letter from the employer...

so that should be fine i guess.. :)

Bless you!
tvn_ramesh wrote:
email257525 wrote:@Ramesh

Advise plz
It is not a problem... some banks put the cheque no. somedont.. its ok

Use the template chetan provided and instead of Columns PAYSLIPS and BANKSTATEMENTS put.. Date of Credit in Bank and Cheque No.

email257525
BANNED

Hi,

Post by email257525 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:48 am

Thanks a Lot Ramesh and all you contributed

Many Thanks,

email257525
BANNED

Hi

Post by email257525 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:51 am

@Ramesh

Would you please have a look on the following Thread, Need your advise