ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Thanks, post closed now

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

xleft
- thin ice -

Thanks, post closed now

Post by xleft » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:18 am

Thank you. Post is closed now.
Last edited by xleft on Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kashif Gulzar
Newly Registered

Post by Kashif Gulzar » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:41 am

I can understand what yo are upto, but to me you are fearing to move into practical field. believe me if however you gone through all the short courses to all phds, you still wonder that practical field will get you out. so i suggest stop worrying about entering in biz without these short courses as you already have much qualification, and that alone is sufficient to help your partner in biz. planning to pursue further in education will just waist your time.

rgds

xleft
- thin ice -

Thanks, BUT

Post by xleft » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:41 am

Thanks, but this is not my questions. Everybody has different circumstances. Can someone please please answer my question from visa point of view. I don't need personal life advices. :)

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Re: Please help to understand if Ok to apply for smaller deg

Post by ElenaW » Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:41 pm

xleft wrote:First, thanks so much in advance for all your great help! :)

For my question I need to show some of my history but try to be very quick.

First when I came to UK as student I studied English at two 6 months courses (1 year in total).

Then I studied at undergraduate in UK university and received BA degree.

Then I studied posgraduate course in UK university and recently finished and got MA degree.

Now I relocated to Scottish Higlands, change some of my plans, etc. and realised that I need to study little bit more to increase my confidence and to help my partner with business effectively in the future. But I don't want to study for BA, MA or PHD anymore. I mean I just need to get some basic knowledge in acocunting, business language skills, etc. In total it will take about 4-6 months of shot full time courses. Maybe even less. But my student visa will run out at the end of January 2010.

My questions:

Will Home Office be happy to give me student visa extension for short full time courses. I am thinking about business english language courses and also I like one course in Scottish college which gives just NQ degree but that's what I need. I don't need something too deep and complicated cause I enjoy further self study myself. My worry is that Home Office may think that it does not look consistent that after I got BA and MA I want another student visa for much more simple short course/courses.

Can you advice me please, do they look at this like I need to go for higher and higher degree every time for example. Or I can go anywhere basically as long as it is eligible for student visa. Also when I called them they told me to look at the website and they told me that it's usually minimum 6 months full time course. But there are many many Business English courses which are on 1-2 months and accredited for student visas.

Am I too paranoid? I was never refused student visas before but I always got higher and higher degree before. Like Short courses then BA then MA. Now it's not PHD or MA or BA, just simpler full time short courses. Can it be a problem? Or I don't have any grounds to worry here. (sorry if it looks silly but for me it's real concern).

Thank you so much! :)
Ok so as long as you meet the tier 4 requirements you should be fine. If your place of study is accredited, they can provide you with a visa letter that is required to say you are unconditonally accepted and such. Also, you're subject to a maintenance requirement of one years worth of tuition fees and living expenses but in your case it would be less than one year(however long your course takes).

xleft
- thin ice -

Thanks very much!

Post by xleft » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:13 pm

Thank you very much. But maintance funds reduced if I finished MA course in last 4 months. So I need to show that I have money for the new course fee plus 2 months maintenance for myself and dependent. Correct? Thanks! :)

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:10 pm

Yes I don't think you have much to worry about. Good luck!