ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ENTRY AFTER FIANCEE VISA

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

daftpunk_db
Newly Registered

ENTRY AFTER FIANCEE VISA

Post by daftpunk_db » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:23 pm

Hi I am trying to find information on how long after obtaining a fiancee visa , fiancee needs to enter to Uk? someone told me its 28 days but after looking on the forum all I can find is for ILR not fiancee visa. M fiancee got his visa 10 nov 2009 and he was going to come on the 16 december as he isemptying our house abroad preparing the dog etc. If this will be problem we will change hs ticket for sooner. On the uk border agency site it states any time before the visa expiry date ???pls help

djb123
Member of Standing

Re: ENTRY AFTER FIANCEE VISA

Post by djb123 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:40 pm

daftpunk_db wrote:Hi I am trying to find information on how long after obtaining a fiancee visa , fiancee needs to enter to Uk? someone told me its 28 days but after looking on the forum all I can find is for ILR not fiancee visa. M fiancee got his visa 10 nov 2009 and he was going to come on the 16 december as he isemptying our house abroad preparing the dog etc. If this will be problem we will change hs ticket for sooner. On the uk border agency site it states any time before the visa expiry date ???pls help
It's not an issue when he actually comes to the UK so long as you have time to get married and apply for FLR before his visa expires.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Re: ENTRY AFTER FIANCEE VISA

Post by ElenaW » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:19 pm

daftpunk_db wrote:Hi I am trying to find information on how long after obtaining a fiancee visa , fiancee needs to enter to Uk? someone told me its 28 days but after looking on the forum all I can find is for ILR not fiancee visa. M fiancee got his visa 10 nov 2009 and he was going to come on the 16 december as he isemptying our house abroad preparing the dog etc. If this will be problem we will change hs ticket for sooner. On the uk border agency site it states any time before the visa expiry date ???pls help
I believe the visa is issued for six months and you will have to get married within that amount of time to later apply for flr(m).