ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse LTR

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Shrimathi
Newly Registered

Spouse LTR

Post by Shrimathi » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:44 pm

Immigrationboards has been excellent forum with wealth of information to users. and I am grateful to all the contributors.
My 10 year long residancy ILR was refused due to 60 days gap (3rd Feb 2004 to 04th Feb 2004, which I was not aware (passport did not have any gaps in LTR). Unfortunately, there is no appeal rights on this ILR refusal, as already have another type of LTR (LTR as HSMP dependent until 27th July 2011). My spouse now granted ILR under 10 year rule (went for 10 yr ILR because HSMP ILR will be due only in July 2011). Therefore, I plan to apply for Spouse LTR (FLR(M)), under which, I can apply ILR in 23 months time after grant of Spouse LTR. Please advice if previous 60 days gap in 2004 will have any implication on my new FLR(M) application and do I have to take any additional precautions while making FLR(M) application. Is there any other type of LTR which I am eligible for, to get ILR in shorter duration instead of FLR(M) through which I have to wait for another 23 months from date of grant.
I appreciate opinion on this, who had similar experience before.
Shrimathi

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:30 am

Switching should be okay.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Shrimathi
Newly Registered

Spouse LTR

Post by Shrimathi » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:37 am

Dear vinny
Many thanks for the link.
Shrimathi