ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WAITING FOR 17 WEEKS FOR ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hetch16
Newly Registered

WAITING FOR 17 WEEKS FOR ILR

Post by hetch16 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:49 pm

Application sent:21 july
Acknowledgement letter date: 22 july
Application type:set o 5 years wp
waiting for almost 17 weeks without replay!!!!!
is that normal?!!!!
when i try to contact them they come with same answer application still in progress!!!

any body have any ideas?????!!!
thx

rajj
Newly Registered

timeline

Post by rajj » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:50 pm

i applied for ilr on long residence rule in July 2009.. when calling, home office says application not compelted yet. does anyone know what this means. 10 days ago they said application is being processed . so, does anyone know the difference.

taylondon

application processing

Post by taylondon » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:11 am

if they said that the application is in process, that means it is with a caseworker. That also might means that it is in the caseworking unit and waiting to be seen by a senior caseworker.

all cases are being seen by a senior caseworker after been seen by a junior caseworker

however this whole process should be done within 14 weeks. If it goes more than 14 weeks you might like to contact your local MP. if your local MP writes to HO, they have to reply within certain time
from my experience I have seen so far that the HO tend to refuse the application if the application owner got his/her MP involved. That is totally my observation from the cases I have seen so far.

The Immigration Appeal Tribunal has made a key decision on long term residence application and allowed an appeal of a person who has got 4 months gap within 10 years period. you might read the whole desicion from the following link
http://www.ait.gov.uk/Public/Unreported/IA015102009.doc