ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got ILR!!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hsac1301
Newly Registered

Got ILR!!

Post by hsac1301 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:32 pm

Hi All,

Thanks for your help.
Just to let you know that we got our ILR (based on 5 years wp+hsmp+tier1 ) today. We applied at PEO croyden (wp+hsmp+tier1) s on 30th oct.
The staff was very friendly. Just try to be there 45mins before appointment .

We had an airport style security check at 9:10 am them they asked us to stand in a queue for the ticket. Around 10:15am a lady called us and checked our all the documents i.e

a) She checked all the work permit details on her computer (she has not asked us any work permit/tier1 or hsmp letters as she had all the details already on her computer.
b)then she asked for passports,filled form,,KOL letters,all 5 P60s,3 bank statements,3 payslips(we have 4 originals and 1 certified by employer).
then she has given us the token and asked us for the payment at first floor and wait for your ticket number there.
c)Then we paid our payment through cash.
d)Around 1 o clock the lady called us and asked for form,passports,kol letters,all p60's ,3 bank statements,3 payslips and current employer letter.
we had 197 absences and 63 were business related.they have just checked quickly all the stamps and absences and not asked anything .
e) after 15 mins she asked us to collect the passports at 3:00 clock.
Thanks everyone once again.

Regards
Hsac :)

winber

Post by winber » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:39 am

Great news Hsac, congratulations!

For the 197 days absences, was that not counting the day of departure and the day of return?

Did they really check all the stamps?! Looking at my passport it would take hours to make sense of all the stamps, and some are missing for various reasons.

hsac1301
Newly Registered

Post by hsac1301 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:46 am

Hi,

Yes they have checked that quickly. I think there should not be any absence longer than 90 days. We have got the letter regarding business absence because our total absences were more than 180 days. But they have not asked for it.

cheers

pkumar
Member of Standing

Post by pkumar » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:25 pm

So do you know what happens if they thought you did not qualify this year? do they give 2nd extention? or if you know any rules please throw some light please!

winber

Post by winber » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:31 am

I think they used to consider you for FLR if you didn't qualify for ILR for some reason, but I don't think they do anymore. I think they want another application fee!

samnazeer
Newly Registered

ilr

Post by samnazeer » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:56 pm

hi did u give life in the uk test

tryingforpr
Newly Registered

Post by tryingforpr » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:36 pm

was that 197 days gap includes business trips and paid holidays???
I have 189 days business visit continuous; so its more than 90 days..

should I apply in person???

hsac1301
Newly Registered

Post by hsac1301 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:21 pm

Yes 197 days includes 60 business and rest personal trips.your leaves are more than 3months . I think you need to post your application
Regards
Hsac

vvippala
Newly Registered

ILR Absences

Post by vvippala » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:26 pm

Hi Hsac1301

Congratulations on the ILR success

I have a similar case.WP+HSMP+Tier1.I have a POE appointment in croydon on 20th novemember.The Total days i have been outside the country is 212 days with no trip greater than 60 days.I have got the employer letter to say all those absences are authorised and on annual leave.2 absences last year are maternity leave absences.It is really worrying when people say that we should not cross 180 days.Would it be ok,if i have payslips for all the 5 years....and letters from the employer even if i crossed 180 days??

I am worried i may loose the fee if they turn it down....a bit tensed too

I appreciate ur reply

Thanks

blue.olive

Re: Got ILR!!

Post by blue.olive » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:32 pm

hsac1301 wrote:Hi All,

Thanks for your help.
Just to let you know that we got our ILR (based on 5 years wp+hsmp+tier1 ) today. We applied at PEO croyden (wp+hsmp+tier1) s on 30th oct.
The staff was very friendly. Just try to be there 45mins before appointment .

We had an airport style security check at 9:10 am them they asked us to stand in a queue for the ticket. Around 10:15am a lady called us and checked our all the documents i.e

a) She checked all the work permit details on her computer (she has not asked us any work permit/tier1 or hsmp letters as she had all the details already on her computer.
b)then she asked for passports,filled form,,KOL letters,all 5 P60s,3 bank statements,3 payslips(we have 4 originals and 1 certified by employer).
then she has given us the token and asked us for the payment at first floor and wait for your ticket number there.
c)Then we paid our payment through cash.
d)Around 1 o clock the lady called us and asked for form,passports,kol letters,all p60's ,3 bank statements,3 payslips and current employer letter.
we had 197 absences and 63 were business related.they have just checked quickly all the stamps and absences and not asked anything .
e) after 15 mins she asked us to collect the passports at 3:00 clock.
Thanks everyone once again.

Regards
Hsac :)
First of all cong on ur ILR, i got couple of querries, m sure you will help me

1. did you apply on the basis of 28 days rules
2. by the time my ILR will be due my 5th P60 wont be ready i.e. Feb10
should i take my payslip with me , due you think that will be adequate

Please advise
olive

KRIS_1974
Newly Registered

Post by KRIS_1974 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:23 am

Great news Hsac, congratulations!

I need a suggestion from you, mine visa status is same like you ( WP+HSMP+Tier 1),
Could you tell me do we need to submit our old WP doc ...as one of them I don't have ..misplaced..I have salary slip,bank statement , council tax paid letter..etc for last 5 yrs..will it be fine or we need WP to prove our case.

--KRIS

vvippala
Newly Registered

Got ILR on 20th Nov 2009

Post by vvippala » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:56 am

Hi All

Thanks a lot for all the help and support with te information on this forum.We have been granted ILR yesterday.We went for premium service at croydon yesterday.People were so friendly and i felt they had no intention to reject application unless its a obvious reason.

Thanks once again

brandnew

Re: Got ILR on 20th Nov 2009

Post by brandnew » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:48 pm

Hi vvippala,
Did they ask any questions why you were out of country for more than 180 days?

Also did they cross check all the arrival and departure stampings on your passport with what you have mentioned on your applicatoin?

My situatio is that i have more than 180 days outside UK but i may not be able to get letter from my employer.

Please answer my question, that would be a great help for me.

Thanks
Srikanth

vvippala
Newly Registered

@Srikanth

Post by vvippala » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:31 am

Hi Srikanth

No they did not ask me any question about why i was away for more than 180 days.What they check as soon as you give your applcation in her hands is, have you been outside the coutry for more than 90 days at a stretch, and i havent been outside for more than 50 days ever.

They had checked the number of times i had gone out of the country and against the stamps and counted them.My employer had given me a very good spporting letter with all my approved absence record, which i feel is a key for the success of my ILR.I suggest if you cannot provide the employer letter you can provide your payslips for the last 5yrs which would show your paid by the company whilst yor away.

Either way a simple reference letter from the employer is a must, if yor employed.The lady asked me if she can keep my refernce letters right at the beginning.

Hope This Helps!1

pkumar
Member of Standing

Re: @Srikanth

Post by pkumar » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:39 am

vvippala,

Can you please clarify few things

1> Do we need to mention in the form how many days we were out? Do they ask you or they calculate them selfs?

2> Incase you were out for more than 90 days at tha stretch what do you think they would have done? Give you extention?

please share

vvippala
Newly Registered

@pkumar

Post by vvippala » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:48 am

Section 7 of the application form(SET O) asks you for all ur absences outside the country.I think they cross verify it across your application and passport,and calculate it.

According to Annex A in section 6a of Immigration law for Tier 1,, when it is beyond 90 days...it is at the discretion of the case worker provided you prove its for a good reason outside the country...you will have to back your application with medical certificate or some sort of compassionate grounds

Look at http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... es/part6a/

Thanks

pkumar
Member of Standing

Re: @pkumar

Post by pkumar » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:53 am

Thanks a lot vvippala!!

I know you might have done lot of reading before you went to ILR. So suppose i was out of country more than 90 days and cannot give strong reason ... at this point what do they do? i mean ... i am in HSMP visa - to - Tier 1 (first extention) .. will they give second extention?

vvippala
Newly Registered

@pkumar

Post by vvippala » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:52 pm

Hi
I had to read a lot because people kept telling me that i may not get PR as i was out of the country for more than 180days.If you have stayed out for more than 180 days..they normally ask you to make up the time and then apply.I think if ILR application is unseccessful, one has to make a seperate application for Extension.

brandnew

Re: @pkumar

Post by brandnew » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:21 pm

Thanks for your reply vvippala

prasnna

Post by prasnna » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:37 pm

Congrats
Last edited by prasnna on Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vvippala
Newly Registered

@prasnna

Post by vvippala » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:20 am

Hi

Thanks for your wishes.

As far I KNOW(i emphasise) the application form doesnt ask you if you had overstayed which is an advantage.Also for the period based on which your claiming ur ILR, there is no illegal stay, which is another good thing.They wont be able to find out when you left the country....because from what i know, Immigration doesnt stamp on exit(or did they in your case).If they ask you about the rejection , i think you have to honest and confes what happened.What i feel is, the rules are strict and laid by Law, but the case workers are always willing to make ur application successful

You have made the right decision to go in person at a POE, because they have only got a limited amount of time (max 6 hrs) to look at your application unlike postal and also if they have queries you are there to give them your explaination.

Good Luck!!

prasnna

@ vvippala

Post by prasnna » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:40 pm

Thanks a lot vvippala,

You are correct in saying that they didn't put any stamp when I left the country.

But whilst WP interview (back home), I think... I did tell the person about my over stay (not sure), like you said I'll be honest if they ask.

Apart from that, I have all the possible documents with me which they 've asked in the application.

Thanks,
P

prasnna

Dress Code

Post by prasnna » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:00 pm

Hi,

We got an appointment in couple of weeks, Can u let us know what sort of dress code would be appropriate?

Formal (Suit and tie) or good casual like jeans and jumper etc.

How were you dressed ?

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:21 pm

Dress code won't be an issue (unless you're planning on turning up in your birthday suit or something similar)!

Just be aware that you'll need to go through security on the day, so excessive jewelery metal belt buckles, etc., might just delay your progress through security by a few minutes or so.

You can leave the Armani at home if you like... 8)

prasnna

@vvippala

Post by prasnna » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:49 pm

THANKS A LOT

Thanks a lot for ur advice, I got my ILR today. Site was great help.