ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Extension?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

happyratty
Newly Registered

ILR Extension?

Post by happyratty » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:26 pm

I am on a marriage visa and am coming up to the 2 years that I have been in the country. Can I apply for and extension on my ILR? If so how much is it? And which form is it?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:34 pm

You can do...on form FLR(M). Why do you think you will need to?

happyratty
Newly Registered

not necessarily

Post by happyratty » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:34 am

I just was seeing what my options were because I saw something about extension of a visa. And that it might be cheaper than ILR. But is the form you fill in for ILR the same as what you fill in for Extension of marriage visa?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:55 pm

No, you need to complete form FLR(M). It's slightly cheaper, but you would need to give a reason for not applying for ILR. Bear in mind it's at the Home Office's discretion whether they issue a further 2 years or a shorter period, so you may well not gain anything. Also, if you delay applying for ILR you will be caught in the new regulations whereby ILR is replaced with 'Probationary Citizenship'. Personally I wouldn't recommend it.
Have you passed the Life in the UK test?

happyratty
Newly Registered

Post by happyratty » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:49 pm

Im taking the test on Friday. I was prepared to do ILR anyways so I will do that. So it is definitely the FLR(M) Form I will be filling out for ILR?

happyratty
Newly Registered

Post by happyratty » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:57 pm

Oh I see its Set(M) I will be filling out for ILR. SOrry I got confused, But thank you for all the help. :)

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:51 am

You're welcome. Good luck with the test. One tip...you can choose to listen to the questions through head phones while you're reading from the screen. It may help.