ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Current employer-Reference letter in white sheet

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

srib
Newly Registered

Current employer-Reference letter in white sheet

Post by srib » Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:02 am

Hi,
For my current employer, I am unable to get the reference letter in the letter head . MNC companies don't give letters like this. But i can submit the following:
1. Letter from the company mentioning my start date, post held and my residence address. This letter will be signed by the Asst.Administration Manager / HR Manager
2. My Business card
3. My duties and responsibilities on a white sheet signed by my colleague along with his business card.
4. Certificate of Appreciation (Project Award) received from my company last year
5. My appointment letter (original)
6. My salary slips for the last 12 months attested by my HR department

Will the above be sufficient. Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,
srib

rehan786
Newly Registered

Post by rehan786 » Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:03 am

For your information my friend did the same thing. I mean he also gave the reference letter on plain sheet with payslip,permotion letter and appointment letter and he got 0 point.

lbfrancois

Post by lbfrancois » Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:19 am

On my first application i provided a letter from my current employer with the company logo, HSMP contacted my employer and verified everything, but even so I didnt get the points as the letter was not in proper company letter head paper (it lacked the company address...).

fpvt2

Post by fpvt2 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:36 pm

>HSMP contacted my employer
Did you mean that HSMP from UK contacted your employer in your home country ? (instead of the British Embassy in your country contacted the employer ?

lbfrancois

Post by lbfrancois » Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:03 pm

No sorry, I forgot to explain that part. HSMP contacted the local embassy and they contacted me by email, asking for contact info from my employers. I provided their phone numbers, addresses and emails. All my employers were contacted by email. No phone calls.

abcd1

Post by abcd1 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:49 pm

If you can't get an exp letter (in a same format which will please caseworker) in a company letterhead, you will get zero point in experience.

The case workers have a nasty habit of going by rule (they seldom use their head).

I also work in an MNC and had a same problem (even though I've UK work experience) (my application was refused on same basis).

They don't understand that in MNCs the releationship between HR & employees are often impersonal and they don't issue such letters!

Try writing to the HSMP team that you can't get it. If several people write to them, they may change their criteria in the new point based migration system.

Good luck.