ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply before married?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

junai

Apply before married?

Post by junai » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:56 am

Me - British
Fiance - South African.

My fiance and i will be getting married on 16th January 2010 in South Africa. Is it possible to apply for the visa before we get married so that we can go and hand in our documents a couple of days after the wedding?

We were going to start the application now so that we could get an appointment to hand in our docs and do the biometrics two days after the wedding but because of the wording on form VAF4a it looks like this is supposed to be filled out after you are already married.

Has anybody else applied before actually being married? Is this even possible?

andyb123

Post by andyb123 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:00 am

as long as everything is in order when you go to hand in your docs you should be fine, just put the dates in correctly (e.g. when it asks when you WERE married, put the date you WILL BE married... and just hope nothing goes wrong in the meantime)

junai

Post by junai » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:18 am

Thanks for that. That's the bit that threw me - having to put a date in the future on the online application for an event (our marriage) that is supposed to have already happened.

Anyone else have any experience of applying in advance? Specifically with an online application?