ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant Visa - Application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Dependant Visa - Application

Post by Rajuk09 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:36 pm

Dear Friends,

I am on a workpermit and I wish to apply for Tier 1 soon. My query is regarding dependant visa for my wife.
My wife is with me now but will be going back to India (Native place) as she is pregnant.When I apply for my the Tier 1 Switching visa ,Can I apply from India with my wife's passport,as I will be in India for 2 weeks ? (Please note I will claim,working in UK points ) OR Can I apply from UK and with my wife's passport or copy or any document from UK ?.Please let me know.

All these confusions is caused because my wife with her passport will be in India .Or Shall I bring her passport to UK and
send it with my application ? will it be against law ? (my wife being in India and applying for her here in UK ?)

If I apply together I can save some money. Kindly advice.

thanks and regards

Raj

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Dependant Visa - Application

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:09 pm

Rajuk09 wrote:Dear Friends,

I am on a workpermit and I wish to apply for Tier 1 soon. My query is regarding dependant visa for my wife.
My wife is with me now but will be going back to India (Native place) as she is pregnant.When I apply for my the Tier 1 Switching visa ,Can I apply from India with my wife's passport,as I will be in India for 2 weeks ? (Please note I will claim,working in UK points ) OR Can I apply from UK and with my wife's passport or copy or any document from UK ?.Please let me know.

All these confusions is caused because my wife with her passport will be in India .Or Shall I bring her passport to UK and
send it with my application ? will it be against law ? (my wife being in India and applying for her here in UK ?)

If I apply together I can save some money. Kindly advice.

thanks and regards

Raj
I would advice to apply for your dependents together with you. I don't think you can apply for extension while staying outside county. You also cannot carry your wife's passport with you to UK (while she is in India). It is a criminal offense. You can get premium service appointment and get visa done on the same day. You can also opt for some solicitors who have slots available for premium service. Getting your wife visa done(before she leave for india) will make your life very easy.

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Post by Rajuk09 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:27 pm

Hi chetanojha,

thanks for your immediate response.

I am actually making a switch from Work permit to Tier 1. Its not an extension and I have my work permit for 2 more years and wife too have dependant visa till that time.Sorry if my request was misleading. Still I can't bring my wife's passport and apply is it ? .

We are going to India Jan 10th and applying before that , is not possible as I don get proper documents before that date.So thought of doing it once I am back from India. Is there any way out ? Can I apply from India when I am on a visit there ? still claming points for UK Experiance ? Kindly advice if ther is any way for applying together.

thanks and regards

Raj

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:49 pm

Rajuk09 wrote:Hi chetanojha,

thanks for your immediate response.

I am actually making a switch from Work permit to Tier 1. Its not an extension and I have my work permit for 2 more years and wife too have dependant visa till that time.Sorry if my request was misleading. Still I can't bring my wife's passport and apply is it ? .

We are going to India Jan 10th and applying before that , is not possible as I don get proper documents before that date.So thought of doing it once I am back from India. Is there any way out ? Can I apply from India when I am on a visit there ? still claming points for UK Experiance ? Kindly advice if ther is any way for applying together.

thanks and regards

Raj
You cannot ship/courier/carry somebody else's passport (not even your dependent's) in different country. If caught you will be in serious problem.PERIOD.

If you apply for Tier-1(with dependents) from India, it may take sometime for approval. You cannot be assured that it will take only 2 weeks. It may take more than that upto 3 months. You will be in difficult situation than. If you have visa valid for another 2 years, than I would advice to apply once your dependents are back in UK(unless you are desperate to switch job). In the meantime, you can get all documents,application etc ready. Other option is that you apply for your tier-1(from UK) and after good news you can apply for dependent's visa for your wife and kid too[expensive option though].

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Post by Rajuk09 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:53 pm

Hi chetanojha,

I understand and thanks for the advice.Just once more , is 465 pounds for every dependant or kids does not have to be paid full amount ? Just couldnd find the right answer in the quidelines.Please confirm.

thanks and regards

Raj

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:03 pm

Rajuk09 wrote: is 465 pounds for every dependant or kids does not have to be paid full amount ? Just couldnd find the right answer in the quidelines.Please confirm.
Sorry I didn't understand question. Can you explain?

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Post by Rajuk09 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:43 pm

Sorry my mistake , I meant , Visa fee of 465 is for every dependant applied seperately or for kids it is free ?

thanks for your help

Raj

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:44 pm

Rajuk09 wrote:Sorry my mistake , I meant , Visa fee of 465 is for every dependant applied seperately or for kids it is free ?

thanks for your help

Raj
Nothing is free mate.

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Post by Rajuk09 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:47 pm

Oh so its 465 pounds for every dependand ? thats huge money if I apply seperately ... I will think about it ...

thanks for all ur responses.

Cheers

Raj

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:04 pm

Rajuk09 wrote:Oh so its 465 pounds for every dependand ? thats huge money if I apply seperately ... I will think about it ...

thanks for all ur responses.

Cheers

Raj
apply within country with yr kid (if wife not gone out of uk , than deliver baby here )

otherwise big hassels r waitng in EC of new born child

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Post by Rajuk09 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:06 am

Hi Sushil,

Your reply was very scary and confusing. My situation is until Feb mid , I wont get all my documents ready , and by that time my wife would be in India,so applying when she is here is not possible.And applying after she comes back is also too far for me , as she will be coming back only on July 2010.So I was thinking of applying for myself alone on Mid of Feb 2010 and then from India I can apply dependent visa for my wife and my new born baby.Is it a big hassle ? Sushil and friends please do give me more information on this.

thanks for your great help

Raj

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:47 am

Rajuk09 wrote:Hi Sushil,

Your reply was very scary and confusing. My situation is until Feb mid , I wont get all my documents ready , and by that time my wife would be in India,so applying when she is here is not possible.And applying after she comes back is also too far for me , as she will be coming back only on July 2010.So I was thinking of applying for myself alone on Mid of Feb 2010 and then from India I can apply dependent visa for my wife and my new born baby.Is it a big hassle ? Sushil and friends please do give me more information on this.

thanks for your great help

Raj
You can apply for yourself in mid-Feb and apply for your dependents from India. All Sushil is saying is (1) You will have to pay extra money while applying for visa (2) Processing of dependent visa from India i.e. EC is slow and may take longer than expected. (3) You will have to get passport for your kid from India which will take time. (4) Since you will have new born kid, you will not want you or your wife to wait for visa or run from pillar-to-post to get visa done(you should be having good time with your new born kid that time).

Due to above reasons, he adviced you to apply for your dependents from within UK. Applying together will not only save you money but also save you much hassles. Since you are on Work permit at the moment(which is valid for further many months), it will be easy for your to get visa for your new born kid(only).

It's upto you to decide how you wanna go with it. But if you can wait for few more months (on work permit) there is no harm playing safe and hassle free. But if you are desperate to get Tier-1 done, there is not harm in doing that too.

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Post by Rajuk09 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:03 am

Hi chetanojha & Sushil,

Thanks a load for your responses and thoughts. Now I think more than gathering information for my visa , I need to spend time on thinking when and how to apply ... anyways , will inform how it goes.

thanks and regards

Raj