ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Letter from employer ...help me friends..

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

niceguyinuk

Letter from employer ...help me friends..

Post by niceguyinuk » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:40 pm

Hi all

I got all the last 12 months payslip from my employer..they signed and stamped it...3 months they have added travel expenses in my payslip and the net pay showing different amount when u comparing to other 9 months..they have mentioned two gross pay ..1. Total gross pay 2. Gross pay for Tax(which is excluding the expenses) ...when i get the letter from employer regarding salary verification...which gross pay i should ask them to put? I called the payroll manager and she advised me to put the first one total gross pay paid.

Please help me because i am applying soon..

Thanks for all your help

gotcha
Member of Standing

Re: Letter from employer ...help me friends..

Post by gotcha » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:59 pm

niceguyinuk wrote:Hi all

I got all the last 12 months payslip from my employer..they signed and stamped it...3 months they have added travel expenses in my payslip and the net pay showing different amount when u comparing to other 9 months..they have mentioned two gross pay ..1. Total gross pay 2. Gross pay for Tax(which is excluding the expenses) ...when i get the letter from employer regarding salary verification...which gross pay i should ask them to put? I called the payroll manager and she advised me to put the first one total gross pay paid.

Thanks for all your help
Travel expenses are unearned income. I don't think you should consider it for gross income.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:03 pm

Thanks for all your help
In your payslips, if your employer has not mentioned about travel expenses then you can use the gross pay (which includes travel expenses) and this will then reflected in your net pay (i.e. bank account).

If I were you, I would put Total Gross Pay as the net pay credited in your bank will reflect this pay.

niceguyinuk

Post by niceguyinuk » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:23 pm

chetanojha wrote:

Thanks for all your help
In your payslips, if your employer has not mentioned about travel expenses then you can use the gross pay (which includes travel expenses) and this will then reflected in your net pay (i.e. bank account).

If I were you, I would put Total Gross Pay as the net pay credited in your bank will reflect this pay.
they have mentioned different gross pay but they included the travel expenses in my net pay...i am confused.. :(

niceguyinuk

Post by niceguyinuk » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:34 pm

gotcha wrote:

Thanks for all your help
Travel expenses are unearned income. I don't think you should consider it for gross income.
So that means they wont consider the three months ?

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:41 pm

niceguyinuk wrote:
gotcha wrote:

Thanks for all your help
So that means they wont consider the three months ?
I think you should be fine, if you consider gross pay for tax. Even though net pay includes travel expenses, it will be in consistent with salary slip.

Ofcourse, need to be explained in cover letter.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:42 pm

niceguyinuk wrote:
chetanojha wrote:

Thanks for all your help

they have mentioned different gross pay but they included the travel expenses in my net pay...i am confused.. :(
Get a letter from your employer. In that letter, you can use Total Gross pay (including travel expense) and same Net figure. Letter from employer can be used instead of payslips. This will put of out of your misery.
If you consider the gross pay(without travel expense) than its net pay will not match you bank statement and will put you in trouble.

You can get employer letter template from my sticky notes.

I have seen many people in my company using the same to claim the extra amount(i.e. travel expense) in the gross figure.

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:50 pm

chetanojha wrote: Get a letter from your employer. In that letter, you can use Total Gross pay (including travel expense) and same Net figure. Letter from employer can be used instead of payslips. This will put of out of your misery.
If you consider the gross pay(without travel expense) than its net pay will not match you bank statement and will put you in trouble.

You can get employer letter template from my sticky notes.

I have seen many people in my company using the same to claim the extra amount(i.e. travel expense) in the gross figure.
Guidance note, para. 122 says different story. One should not claim earning which is paid as reimbursement. (If earned it will be taxed, obviously)

It's trying to cheat system, in my opinion, may well be get away with it

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:01 pm

gotcha wrote:Guidance note, para. 122 says different story. One should not claim earning which is paid as reimbursement. (If earned it will be taxed, obviously)

Not telling the truth is not same as lying . But yes, I agree with you on this. Unless OP needs to have that extra amount for his earing creteria.

What about the expenses which consitutes renumeration package as mentioned in Point 121?

It would be risky and confusing to explain the situation from payslips. Hence employer letter. The net amount mentioned in the bank would match the gross total and which can be proved by employer letter.[Do this only if you need that extra travel amount to meet the creteria.]

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:09 pm

chetanojha wrote:
gotcha wrote:Guidance note, para. 122 says different story. One should not claim earning which is paid as reimbursement. (If earned it will be taxed, obviously)

Not telling the truth is not same as lying . But yes, I agree with you on this. Unless OP needs to have that extra amount for his earing creteria.
What about the expenses which consitutes renumeration package?

It would be risky and confusing to explain the situation from payslips. Hence employer letter. The net amount mentioned in the bank would match the gross total and which can be proved by employer letter.[Do this only if you need that extra travel amount to meet the creteria.]
Yes, it's all confusing.

But, the way I look it is, I've all figures on salary slip, and amount in bank.

expenses = x
gross pay = y
net pay = z (and tax calculations)
----- net deposited in bank should be z + x.

This is way caseworker could match it.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:13 pm

gotcha wrote:Yes, it's all confusing.

But, the way I look it is, I've all figures on salary slip, and amount in bank.

expenses = x
gross pay = y
net pay = z (and tax calculations)
----- net deposited in bank should be z + x.

This is way caseworker could match it.
Yes thats correct. Hence the employer letter. You don't need to show every details to caseworker. You are fine if you show only details they ask for i.e. Gross and Net(which matches bank statement).

niceguyinuk

Post by niceguyinuk » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:15 pm

chetanojha wrote:

What about the expenses which consitutes renumeration package as mentioned in Point 121?

No I am not lying by any chance...So in my employer letter I will mention the gross pay for tax which is not including the travel expenses..i hope it will be fine..thanks for all your help...

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:19 pm

niceguyinuk wrote: No I am not lying by any chance...So in my employer letter I will mention the gross pay for tax which is not including the travel expenses..i hope it will be fine..thanks for all your help...
If I were you, I won't do it. It is not lying. Fly back home is a part of your renumeration package. Many Indian company do that. It is not that you are claiming some taxi bills or hotel accomodation bills.

Even if you want to do it, than get your company to write in letter that travel expense you incurred was part of your renumeration package.

niceguyinuk

Post by niceguyinuk » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:59 pm

i am preparing a letter format to my employer..i will post it tomorrow...please advise me whether its ok...thanks

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:17 pm

niceguyinuk wrote:i am preparing a letter format to my employer..i will post it tomorrow...please advise me whether its ok...thanks
You can download employer letter template from my sticky as mentioned above. That should help.

niceguyinuk

Post by niceguyinuk » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:34 pm

chetanojha wrote:
niceguyinuk wrote:i am preparing a letter format to my employer..i will post it tomorrow...please advise me whether its ok...thanks
You can download employer letter template from my sticky as mentioned above. That should help.
ok thanks..i will take it as a reference

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:59 pm

Letter should explain that travel exp are part of taxable income , than u r fine otherwise , execise is waste .

niceguyinuk

Post by niceguyinuk » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:19 pm

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:35 pm

niceguyinuk wrote:Please tell me is it ok...http://s875.photobucket.com/albums/ab31 ... titled.jpg
amt is not big u can take a chance -

post only , no over the counter

niceguyinuk

Post by niceguyinuk » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:37 pm

Sushil-ACCA wrote:
niceguyinuk wrote:Please tell me is it ok...http://s875.photobucket.com/albums/ab31 ... titled.jpg

You mean its not advisable to go for in person applications? if yes why? am i doing anything wrong or illegal u mean?

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:58 pm

You don't have to mention £45 as expenses etc. If it matches your net amount in bank statement you should be fine.

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:32 pm

niceguyinuk wrote:
Sushil-ACCA wrote:

You mean its not advisable to go for in person applications? if yes why? am i doing anything wrong or illegal u mean?
ANY thing which can not be verified in standard procedure need extra time -this is general method of working of HO - REST IS yr choice , call u have to take

wheter transactions r legal or illegality, u know better than anyone here

niceguyinuk

Post by niceguyinuk » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:38 am

chetanojha wrote:
You don't have to mention £45 as expenses etc. If it matches your net amount in bank statement you should be fine.
Thanks chetan...I have modified the table as per your advice...I have changed the column to Gross pay for tax..because the homeoffice will calculate only the Gross pay for tax..http://s875.photobucket.com/albums/ab31 ... nt=new.jpg

Please advise me whether its ok...

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:41 am

niceguyinuk wrote:Thanks chetan...I have modified the table as per your advice...I have changed the column to Gross pay for tax..because the homeoffice will calculate only the Gross pay for tax..http://s875.photobucket.com/albums/ab31 ... nt=new.jpg

Looks fine.

niceguyinuk

Post by niceguyinuk » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:02 pm

chetanojha wrote:
niceguyinuk wrote:Thanks chetan...I have modified the table as per your advice...I have changed the column to Gross pay for tax..because the homeoffice will calculate only the Gross pay for tax..http://s875.photobucket.com/albums/ab31 ... nt=new.jpg

Looks fine.
Thanks chetan. Is it advisable to go for in person application?