ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

post study work refusal, please help.

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sunnyfred
Newly Registered

post study work refusal, please help.

Post by sunnyfred » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:47 pm

hi guys. i did apply for a post study visa but was refused on maintenance grounds. funny as it may sound i wasn't aware of the changes in the immigration rules concerning maintainannce funds as an international student in the UK until october 2009 because no one communicated these changes to me, not even the international centre of my college which should be the main source of information for international students. it seems to me that what some of these schools are concerned with is just collecting thousands of pounds from international students and not the welfare of the students.
i add sufficient balance at the end of the month for three months but not everyday day of the month as it is now required. i feel cheated by the system for not communicatig with me through any medium on changes to the rules and this i know has afected so many students after graduating from the uni/college.
guys, i have appealed against the refusal , what do you lot think?

reddit
Newly Registered

Post by reddit » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:36 pm

Sorry to say that ignorance of the law is not an excuse.

I am not trying to make you feel bad, but it is the case the judges are very strict on this matter so an apeal is very tough to win.