ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

what to do after going in UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

immig.inf
Newly Registered

what to do after going in UK

Post by immig.inf » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:13 pm

I have tier 1 visa but I did not go to UK because of my current job. Now I plan to move there soon.
What should I do after landing in UK?

I mean do I need police registration, insurance registration, or tax registration?

Do I need to have these registrations even I do not have an immediate job?

I will highly appreicate if someone could briefly guide me about it or forward me some link about it.

I tried to find these answers but could not locate in this forum. Sorry if it is previously answered here.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: what to do after going in UK

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:23 pm

immig.inf wrote:I have tier 1 visa but I did not go to UK because of my current job. Now I plan to move there soon.

I mean do I need police registration, insurance registration, or tax registration?

I will highly appreicate if someone could briefly guide me about it or forward me some link about it.

I tried to find these answers but could not locate in this forum. Sorry if it is previously answered here.
-->First thing first -- Get a job.Your employer will register you for NI, tax etc.
-->Than you can register at local GP for any medical attention should you need.

You can take things from there as you need.

nksg

Post by nksg » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:25 pm

to add , make sure you apply for the bank account once you are here..
immig.inf wrote:I have tier 1 visa but I did not go to UK because of my current job. Now I plan to move there soon.

immig.inf
Newly Registered

Post by immig.inf » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:03 pm

Many thanks to both of you. It means that immidiately I just need to open a bank account. I do not need police registration, tax or insurance until I get a job. Am I right?

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:01 pm

immig.inf wrote:Many thanks to both of you. It means that immidiately I just need to open a bank account. I do not need police registration, tax or insurance until I get a job. Am I right?
police registration required to some individuals only , confirm from HO about this

immig.inf
Newly Registered

Post by immig.inf » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:22 pm

If I do not have job for some time, how can I get medical or other facilities without insurance or open bank account without a tax number?

Please help me to understand UK system about these basic things for highly skilled persons. Thanks in advance.

email257525
BANNED

Hi,

Post by email257525 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:55 pm

You can apply for National Insurance No. without having a job,

Once you got the NI no Letter, you can use that letter as proff of ur address along with your passport to open a bank account.

to get registered with GP/Doctor, just take ur origional passport and a copy.

But having a job is really important, so start applying as soon as you can,

immig.inf
Newly Registered

Post by immig.inf » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:46 am

Thanks email257525 for useful info. I am applying for jobs and waiting for the result of two recent interviews by phone. But I feel it is better to be in UK for job hunting.

So if I apply for NI number without job, do I have to pay for it? Is this insurance related with medical matters or kind of general insurance?

What about tax number? Is it same that I can apply for it as well without a job?

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:57 am

Please see this link.

immig.inf
Newly Registered

Post by immig.inf » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:29 am

Great, so it is not mandatory to register for tax after you reach UK.