ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

POST STUDY REFUSAL, please help.

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sunnyfred
Newly Registered

POST STUDY REFUSAL, please help.

Post by sunnyfred » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:45 am

At the moment i've got a job and i earn over £1,000.00 monthly,i have appealed against my psw refusal on the grounds that i have sufficient funds. the problem was that i did not know that maintenance funds (£800) must be consistent in the account for three months.
i do understand that ignorance is not an excuse, but as an international student (who does not work in the home office), when immigration rules change, the uni/college should inform international students about such changes through seminars, news bulletin etc which i do understand some universities international centres are doing already but which was'nt the case in school.
this is a civilised society, international students should be treated with dignity not as asylum seekers. most schools in the UK are funded by the fees paid by international students.
there are lots of students who still do not know of changes in the maintenance funds rule and will only get to know when about applying like myself, PLEASE PASS MESSAGE AROUND.
please, what do you think?

vinata

Post by vinata » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:48 am

I don't think that student services are obliged to notify students of any changes in immigration rules. You should have subscribed for immigration news letters or similar services directly from immigration solicitors, or read information on-line yourself.

Your university is only responsible for teaching you and awarding your degree, and not really anything else. So, it is you and and only you whom you need to blame for.

However, nothing absolutely bad has happened yet. You can either appeal to extend your stay in the UK for a couple of month, or leave and re-apply from back home. If you decide to appeal, you should start maintaining your ballance of over £2,800 at all times right now, and after getting your unfavourable determination, go back home and re-apply from there with your UK statements. And don't forget to disclose your refusal and the appeal (if applicable) in the new application form. You should then get your visa pretty quickly.

Good luck.

casanova
Newly Registered

Post by casanova » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:53 am

only advice I can give you is to start maintaining your funds from now e.g if you are from Pakistan then make sure you have £2800 in your account for next 90 days or 100 for the safe side. Now appeal while you are here living in Uk, appeal process normally takes a while and you will get time to maintain your funds then after completing your 80 or 90 days withdraw your appeal go back to PAK or where you came from and apply from there you will get your visa in 15 or 20 days.