ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

advice needed on benefits and immigration controll

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SBT_Owner
Member of Standing

Post by SBT_Owner » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:59 pm

My comments are not about the person who started this thread either .

chana
Newly Registered

Post by chana » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:15 pm

Rattlesnake, I think you miss understand the situation. VT's partner and my partner are not allowed to work not through choice but because the government will not allow it. They would both be more than happy to work and contribute towards paying tax if they where given the opportunity to do so. They are not entitled to claim any kind of benefit or public funds either so the UK tax payers money isnt helping to support them in anyway.

SBT_Owner
Member of Standing

Post by SBT_Owner » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:35 pm

I dunno the history in your case Chana and no comments were directed at you :) .

For the other case , the guy made the choice to be an illegal immigrant and has had 10 years to change that ... but did nothing to get himself to be a legal immigrant . The country he comes from is not at war or anything so it is not like it was dangerous for him to return so he could sort out his immigration status , he made the choice to do nothing and stay an illegal immigrant .

Yes he can not claim benefits , but earlier posts show he is fully supported by a BC who lives off benefits , so he is being fully suported by uk tax payer money (her money is from benefit and she finacially supports him) . I understand it is the easy road to sit back and live off others but in that case i really feel it is wrong .

This is not directed at you by the way , i have no idea of your or ya partners history .

Anyway i will stop moaning as Tottenham won 9-1 today so i am ina very good mood 8) :wink:

SBT_Owner
Member of Standing

Post by SBT_Owner » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:39 pm

Also does anybody know if my husband can apply for work papers and if so how? He desperately wants to be able to work and support us so i can come off benefits.
I wish your husband luck in this . That is the difference between your husband and this other guy . 1 wants to work , the other is all about a free ride on benefits .

I wish you and the husband the very best of luck and pray he gets his immigration status sorted . Good luck to the both of you :)

VT

Post by VT » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:24 pm

RattleSnake wrote:I dunno the history in your case Chana and no comments were directed at you :) .

For the other case , the guy made the choice to be an illegal immigrant and has had 10 years to change that ... but did nothing to get himself to be a legal immigrant. The country he comes from is not at war or anything so it is not like it was dangerous for him to return so he could sort out his immigration status , he made the choice to do nothing and stay an illegal immigrant .

Yes he can not claim benefits , but earlier posts show he is fully supported by a BC who lives off benefits , so he is being fully suported by uk tax payer money (her money is from benefit and she finacially supports him) . I understand it is the easy road to sit back and live off others but in that case i really feel it is wrong .

This is not directed at you by the way , i have no idea of your or ya partners history .

Anyway i will stop moaning as Tottenham won 9-1 today so i am ina very good mood 8) :wink:
It seems as though you think my partner doesn't want to work. I haven't mentioned that because it's completely irrelevant, it's pretty obvious he can't work, we've already been told that he can't work so why would i waste my time asking people on here whether he can work when i already know the answer?
For the other case , the guy made the choice to be an illegal immigrant and has had 10 years to change that ... but did nothing to get himself to be a legal immigrant
My partner is 21. He has been here for 10 years. Which means he came here when he was 11. I don't know about you but for the majority of those years that he has been in this country, he has followed his mum.. Done everything his mum has told him to because lets face it, at that age, mum is right.
He reached 18 and still didn't know what to do because his mum had just been arrested and faced being deported. How was he to know where to go? What to do? Or what was going to happen to him? He saw himself as a British citizen... He lived the life of a normal British teenager and didn't think any different..
He is now 21 and and since before he was 20 he has been trying to sort out his status in this country.. Fair enough if he'd left it 5 years and didn't do anything to find a way out but that's not the case.
Yes he can not claim benefits , but earlier posts show he is fully supported by a BC who lives off benefits
Currently, i'm not claiming any benefits. So no, the tax payer isn't paying to keep him.
I understand it is the easy road to sit back and live off others but in that case i really feel it is wrong .
Easy road? I'm sorry, but there is no "Easy road". The only damn option i have is to claim benefits until i can work. What do you want me to do? Give birth and go straight back to work the next day? If you haven't got anything useful to say then i'd appreciate it if you'd just stay away from my posts.
[/quote]

VT

Post by VT » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:27 pm

VT whereabouts in the UK are you?
I'm in Northamptonshire.

SBT_Owner
Member of Standing

Post by SBT_Owner » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:32 pm

VT , the posts you make on this site seem to be all about benefits and not sorting out the illegal immigrants status . Infact you have started yet another benefit thread ... If i was looking to sort out my status and avoid benefits all my posts would be about being a legal immigrant and none would be about benefits .
He reached 18 and still didn't know what to do because his mum had just been arrested and faced being deported. How was he to know where to go? What to do? Or what was going to happen to him? He saw himself as a British citizen... He lived the life of a normal British teenager and didn't think any different..
He is now 21 and and since before he was 20 he has been trying to sort out his status in this country.. Fair enough if he'd left it 5 years and didn't do anything to find a way out but that's not the case.
From 18 - 21 he has not worked ? How does the guy have money for food ? Money for a house/flat ? Money for bills etc ? . If a person is to be judged as adult by 18 , then he has had 3 years to sort himself out . To make matters worse he gets someone pregnant knowing he is not working and has no way to support the child .

He expects me to support his child ? Will you give me rights to see the child once every 2 weeks ? Will i be uncle Paul ?
Currently, i'm not claiming any benefits. So no, the tax payer isn't paying to keep him.
I should of said soon to be living off tax payers money ... my mistake .

Since i am about to be supporting him , do i get the right to visit him every 2 weeks ? Will i be his uncle Paul ?

It seems i have 2 new dependants :O
If you haven't got anything useful to say then i'd appreciate it if you'd just stay away from my posts
As a tax payer that works long hours i have plenty to say about this sort of thing , if the truth hurts then hey i am sorry . But i was raised to support myself and not to expect anyone else to pay for me ... a old school attitude i guess .

No one else supports me and no one else supports my kids ... nor is my housing provided for free .

I would think anyone that uses this site , works and thinks that the tax they pay is way to high would be offended and shocked by all of this ... this is why tax for workers is so high . Do you have any idea how much i pay a year for tax ? I claim no benefits .. so where do you think all that money goes ? Who is it spent on ? Would you be willing to work very long hours to support me ? Seriously ? No ?? .

We wont talk anymore , i wish you all the best with ya many benefit claims and hope you get the free council flat . Living in a council flat living off microwave meals is clearly a greatttttttttttt life :wink:

SBT_Owner
Member of Standing

Post by SBT_Owner » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:10 am

A news story that highlights just how much benefits VT's illeagl immigrant is about to be "not" getting ...
Ms Mudyiwa was convicted in 2004 for income support and housing benefit fraud of £130,000 over a 13 year period.

http://benefitfraud.blogspot.com/2009/0 ... on-of.html

We now know that in 13 years , VT's illegal immigrant who will be living off the benefits she lives off and will be living in a house being paid for by tax payers money will cost tax payers £130,000 over the next 13 years ......

A BC that needs benefits should get them .

A illegal immigrant should get nothing nor live off a person who lives off benefits . This is so so so wrong .

At 21 he sits watching tv 24/7 and is about to be set up for life thanks to benefits .

At 20 i set up my company and worked LONG hours 6 days a week , at 23 i had made it big ... nothing was ever given to me and i never sat back with the "you owe me" attitude .

I hope this guy gets caught and removed from the country before he has the chance to take UK tax payers to the cleaners .
Please respect the sites admin and mod team . They donate time to this site for free . Let us thank them !
Tottenham Hotspur have made it into the Champions League . Great Times :0)

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:51 am

I understand your concerns, and the fact that you have an unsatisfactory and resentful view of VT and his partner. I also noted your failure to understand that VT's partner is not living off any benefit, neither is he entitled to one. I am sure, giving the choice he would probably have choosen to work, in order to support his partner and child, rather than the benefit.

We have laws, rules and regulations which governs us. If we didn't, society will be in a state of anarchy and chaos. VT will certainly be assessed under these rules, and if she is found to be qualified for these benefits, will be awarded. There is no indication that she intends to withhold information, in order to claim more benefits, or to claim benefits, for which she is not entitled. Therefore i think the relentless attacks are unjustified and should frankly speaking cease.

There are several residents, who are milking the system like there is no tomorrow, which incidentally i don't agree to, failing to declare the father of their children and claiming lone parents benefit or premium for bringing up children on the own, when this is not the case.

It would have been convenient for VT not to disclose the father, or to say, like many people, that the pregancy was from a drunken one night stand, but she isn't. She intend to declare everything , and do things by the book. Therefore credit should be given.

I think Brits should be more concerned about their taxes being used to fight illegal and futile wars, rather than it been used to help the needy and under-previledge.

Funny that people don't seem to be concerned, when nearly 15K is used to forcefully remove an undocument migrant/allien, or 35K is used to lock them up, if they are without identification or working illegally, or the money these people work, are confiscated by the Homeoffice on grounds that it is the proceeds of crime. I could go on and on, but on second thought i will call it a day on this topic.
Last edited by Obie on Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

VT

Post by VT » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:20 am

You hope he gets caught and removed from the country?

There are lots of people on this forum who are illegally in this country, with partners who claim benefits and have children here..

But if there's a reason why you feel you should attack me and me only, then fair enough.

SBT_Owner
Member of Standing

Post by SBT_Owner » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:33 pm

VT wrote:You hope he gets caught and removed from the country?

There are lots of people on this forum who are illegally in this country, with partners who claim benefits and have children here..

But if there's a reason why you feel you should attack me and me only, then fair enough.
Please do not play yourself as a victim ... i am not going to cry for you .

He has had 3 years (5 years if you count from 16 years old onwards) to return to his country and get a visa to be a legal immigrant ... it was HIS choice not to .

VT in another thread is now looking to use a fake NI number to claim yet more benefits
Please respect the sites admin and mod team . They donate time to this site for free . Let us thank them !

SBT_Owner
Member of Standing

Post by SBT_Owner » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:44 pm

Obie wrote:I understand your concerns, and the fact that you have an unsatisfactory and resentful view of VT and his partner. I also noted your failure to understand that VT's partner is not living off any benefit, neither is he entitled to one. I am sure, giving the choice he would probably have choosen to work, in order to support his partner and child, rather than the benefit.

We have laws, rules and regulations which governs us. If we didn't, society will be in a state of anarchy and chaos. VT will certainly be assessed under these rules, and if she is found to be qualified for these benefits, will be awarded. There is no indication that she intends to withhold information, in order to claim more benefits, or to claim benefits, for which she is not entitled. Therefore i think the relentless attacks are unjustified and should frankly speaking cease.

There are several residents, who are milking the system like there is no tomorrow, which incidentally i don't agree to, failing to declare the father of their children and claiming lone parents benefit or premium for bringing up children on the own, when this is not the case.

It would have been convenient for VT not to disclose the father, or to say, like many people, that the pregancy was from a drunken one night stand, but she isn't. She intend to declare everything , and do things by the book. Therefore credit should be given.

I think Brits should be more concerned about their taxes being used to fight illegal and futile wars, rather than it been used to help the needy and under-previledge.

Funny that people don't seem to be concerned, when nearly 15K is used to forcefully remove an undocument migrant/allien, or 35K is used to lock them up, if they are without identification or working illegally, or the money these people work, are confiscated by the Homeoffice on grounds that it is the proceeds of crime. I could go on and on, but on second thought i will call it a day on this topic.
VT is female by the way :)

You are right he can not claim benefits . In a earlier post she admits he lives off her , if she lives off benefits then no matter how it is sugar coated .. he is living off benefits . She also said they have no savings , so he is not living off savings .

Have you heard of baby P ? He was let down by the care system due to a lack of funds ... funds that may of been there if illegal immigrants were not being supported by tax payers .

Did you know failed asylum seekers get free housing , all their bills paid and even vouchers for free food ? Imagine how much tax £££ is lost per year on that .

Vt's illegal immigrant has had many years to return to his country , get a visa then return as a legal immigrant . He could of then got a job and been a benefit to this country rather than a benefit drain ... sadly he never bothered , does not work and will now be a drain on the benefit system . Benefits will also clearly be fully supporting this guys future child .
There is no indication that she intends to withhold information, in order to claim more benefits, or to claim benefits, for which she is not entitled.
Using a fake NI number for example to get more benefits ?
I agree 100% . I do not just have a problem with illegal immigrants abusing the benefit system , i have a problem with any person that abuses it . The worst probably being clowns that pop out kid after kid just to push up their Benefits :evil:

SBT_Owner
Member of Standing

Post by SBT_Owner » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:29 pm

As VT said not so long ago ...
I have recently spoken to a solicitor who has advised me that i move into a home owned by a housing association, apply to claim housing benefits and job seekers allowance.. and apply to have the father of my child who is a PSIC (Person Subject to Immigration Control) live with me as a non-dependant and have a non-dependant deduction taken from my benefits.

However, something doesn't sit right with me and i honestly don't think this will be allowed. Could anybody help me?
Strange she had the same view as me ... it did not sit right with her and she did not think it should be allowed .

Now she is doing the above she has a quick change of mindset and anyone like me that shared the same view as she did is suddenly a monster ....... :roll: :roll: :roll: .

Post history is greatttttttttttttt :D

VT

Post by VT » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:08 pm

You know what.. I'll just completely stay away from this forum because this is rediculous.

I have clearly stated MANY times that i am going to work when i can. I have been working up until the end of october, i am now on Maternity Allowance, which i am entitled to BECAUSE i have been working.. TO SUPPORT MY PARTNER. So no, not one penny that you have contributed through tax has gone towards him.

I don't even know what to say any more and to be honest i feel quite intimidated by you. Does that make you feel better? Is that what you wanted to hear?
I didn't post threads to receive attacks and i didn't ask for you to throw your opinions at me. I understand that my partners position in this country angers you because it angers me too.. It angers my parents who are tax payers and above all it angers him because he cannot provide for his family.
You're just assuming that it has been easy for him and that he could just return to his own country at 16 etc etc. yes, he probably should of, no he probably shouldn't be here and yes, i am going to be claiming benefits until i can work again..
But don't sit there assuming that it's what i WANT. I got myself into this situation and it's my responsibility to get myself out of it but benefits are there to help people who are entitled to them. & i am entitled to them. Until i can get myself back on my feet after giving birth. Now if you think that it's okay to take that right away from me because i have a partner who's subject to immigration control then that's fine, but don't ever assume that he's just sitting back.. taking, taking and taking because he's not. We're TRYING to sort out his status and we're not going to give up until we're successful.
RattleSnake wrote:
Also does anybody know if my husband can apply for work papers and if so how? He desperately wants to be able to work and support us so i can come off benefits.
I wish your husband luck in this . That is the difference between your husband and this other guy . 1 wants to work , the other is all about a free ride on benefits .

I wish you and the husband the very best of luck and pray he gets his immigration status sorted . Good luck to the both of you :)
Where did i say that he is out for a free ride on benefits?

You have a very strong opinion and i appreciate that but don't ever catergorise me as the same as other teenage mothers or other women who are drain on society because i'm far from that. I'm trying my hardest to do what's right. I could just tell my partner to go back to Nigeria but that wouldn't help the situation.. Because i'd still be on benefits and you'd still attack me for being a single parent who's sitting back claiming all of the benefits that she can.
& if you read that post about NI number then you'll see that i didn't say that i was going to fake a number. Somebody else suggested that. Why would i fake a NI number? ...But i can see why you'd also assume that.

Now that i'm not going to bother coming back on here, i hope you find somebody else that you can pick on.
Last edited by VT on Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VT

Post by VT » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:11 pm

hj

SBT_Owner
Member of Standing

Post by SBT_Owner » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:03 pm

How am i attacking you ? My opinion is the exact same opinion as you had in 1 of your 1st posts on this site .. i posted that post earlier today .

You saw it as wrong and did not think it would be allowed , i share the same opinion .. so it is hardly an attack on you . Since you found out that the thing you felt was so wrong was actually possible you changed your views and suddenly see it as being ok .

Human to human contact is all about sharing opinions and having views , people have different views , no need to get in a grump and leave a site because i see things different from you (well infact i see things the same as you but you changed your opinion ) .

You have every right to use benefits .. i never said it was wrong . Infact i said
A BC that needs benefits should get them .
. So you are wrong in that rant petal .

I never said you were 1 of the people that pop out kid after kid for more benefits ... that goes on , but i never said you were like that nor did i suggest you were anything like that in any way shape or form , when i talked about that i was replying to someone else and made NO mention of you !! .

I agree that ya partner should be working to support his family , as every guy should unless they have medical problems . (that is not an attack on you)

I have not sworn at you by the way .. ever . Never made threats against you .. ever . Just posted my thoughts on something that i see as being wrong . I agree your partner will not be getting any benefits but you will be and he lives off you , you will also maybe get a free flat/house in which you mentioned previously that you wanted him to live in . So he will be benefitting from benefits and tax payers money .

Your partners postion in this country does not anger me , i do not care if he is an illegal immigrant , when he has a kid that the state will support that suprises me (not angers) .

Your post is probably more "attacking" than any of mine and actually you mention stuff that i never said ... it is no problem though and you should not have to leave the site , quite simply i will ignore you from now on so please do not worry about having to deal with a human that differs from you in his thinking .

God bless .

chana
Newly Registered

Post by chana » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:55 pm

hi everyone just wanted to post an update. Ive recently been taken off income support, reason given was because i am married.
My youngest child is only 3 months old but ive been told i have to make a claim for job seekers allowance and work 40 hours a week.

I made a joint claim for child tax credits over 11 weeks ago which ive been told is still being processed and until its sorted my baby isn't allowed milk tokens.
My housing has been suspended and if my JSA claim isnt sorted in a few weeks housing will be stopped and we will have to move out. In the meantime i have to try and find the money to pay for rent to at least keep a roof over our heads. The only money i receive is £33 per week child benefits and i also have to start paying for my older son's school dinners etc.
My husband desperately wants to be given permission to work and support us but hes been told its unlikely he will be granted permission to do so until his HO case has been decided. Its been put with the HO legacy cases and he should be given a final decision before summer 2011.
Does anybody know if there is anything we can do?