ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Old work permit visa, will it interfere with dependant visa?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

NickZA
Newly Registered

Old work permit visa, will it interfere with dependant visa?

Post by NickZA » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:55 am

Hi folks,

I was on a work permit visa (under the old system) until January this year. Then I was made redundant, and had to leave. When I left (within 28 days), there was no cancellation of my visa by stamping it or whatever (they didn't even stamp my departure date, presumably as the visa meant I could come and go as required). I informed my employer that they need to let the Home Office know I am no longer working for them, but I don't know if they did this.

My wife has now returned to the UK under Tier 4, and I've just handed in my application to join her as her dependant (how the tables have turned!).

What I would like to know is, will there be any confusion in regards to the old visa (assuming the Home Office does know of my employment termination) which still sits in my passport? And which hasn't clearly been nullified by a stamp or somesuch? Is this likely to prevent my new visa from being granted?

PS. The only stamp the old work permit visa has is from the first time I entered the UK on that visa. So it's clear that it did come into effect.

nksg

Re: Old work permit visa, will it interfere with dependant v

Post by nksg » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:34 pm

your new dependent visa will automatically override your existing WP. so dont worry. HO will have your details..
NickZA wrote:Hi folks,

I was on a work permit visa (under the old system) until January this year. Then I was made redundant, and had to leave. When I left (within 28 days), there was no cancellation of my visa by stamping it or whatever (they didn't even stamp my departure date, presumably as the visa meant I could come and go as required). I informed my employer that they need to let the Home Office know I am no longer working for them, but I don't know if they did this.

My wife has now returned to the UK under Tier 4, and I've just handed in my application to join her as her dependant (how the tables have turned!).

What I would like to know is, will there be any confusion in regards to the old visa (assuming the Home Office does know of my employment termination) which still sits in my passport? And which hasn't clearly been nullified by a stamp or somesuch? Is this likely to prevent my new visa from being granted?

PS. The only stamp the old work permit visa has is from the first time I entered the UK on that visa. So it's clear that it did come into effect.

NickZA
Newly Registered

Post by NickZA » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:26 pm

Thanks! :D