ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

P.e.o office appt i recieved today

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

usualsus
Newly Registered

P.e.o office appt i recieved today

Post by usualsus » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:49 pm

Hi
had a p.e.o appointment today but i was turned away because i had booked the appointment wrong. i had booked an appointment for myself rather than a family slot. however i tried the homeoffice as i left and they had a cancellation so i was lucky . iv have two issues which i need help with. i have lost my passport which had my first uk entry visa(issued in australia) and only have a work permit and letter from employer to confirm that i was employed from 2004 , which makes my 5 years as wp holder.iv also been away from uk for 250 days but have letter from employer saying that over a 100 of these days were for business outside uk. not sure if the same day appointment will help as these are not 'straightforward'. has anyone had these issues and had an p.e.o appointment AND recieved ilr ????

thanks in advance

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:08 am

In my opinion you'd be safer applying by post.

blue.olive

Re: P.e.o office appt i recieved today

Post by blue.olive » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:08 pm

usualsus wrote:Hi
had a p.e.o appointment today but i was turned away because i had booked the appointment wrong. i had booked an appointment for myself rather than a family slot. however i tried the homeoffice as i left and they had a cancellation so i was lucky . iv have two issues which i need help with. i have lost my passport which had my first uk entry visa(issued in australia) and only have a work permit and letter from employer to confirm that i was employed from 2004 , which makes my 5 years as wp holder.iv also been away from uk for 250 days but have letter from employer saying that over a 100 of these days were for business outside uk. not sure if the same day appointment will help as these are not 'straightforward'. has anyone had these issues and had an p.e.o appointment AND recieved ilr ????

thanks in advance
How did you apply for appointment on phone or online and what time did you call or apply online
thank you
olive

usualsus
Newly Registered

Post by usualsus » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:18 pm

hi olive
found my appointment online about a month before the date . got lucky as i searched everyday at night for online appt at any of the p.e.o and there were alot on for this week when i found it. was lucky with the appt i got this week as i explained to lady i spoke to at homeoffice what happened with my appt and she found a cancellation for croydon on sat. hope this helps. good luck and if you still cant find one , there are lawyers who have spots.

hsmp2tier1

Post by hsmp2tier1 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:19 am

usualsus wrote:got lucky as i searched everyday at night for online appt at any of the p.e.o and there were alot on for this week.
Hi usualsus,
Three questions:
a) was it any specific day or any day ?
b) around what time at night did you search ? and
c) were you able to get a family slot online ? This is beacuse, I have been able to find individual slots online but not family slots.

Many thanks in advance.

usualsus
Newly Registered

Post by usualsus » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:25 pm

hi hsmp
i tried every day for 4 days and found an online slot in the afternoon. (2-4)more luck than anything to do with time i think. however it was for an individual appt which is where i went wrong. i was only given a slot for the same week i feel is because i explained to the person i spoke to on the phone about the mistake i made and that my visa was expiring in a couple of weeks . hope this helps. best bet i feel if you need an appt urgently if you dont want to go through a lawyer is to try the home office and check for cancellations.

usualsus
Newly Registered

Post by usualsus » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:18 pm

hi
was granted ilr last week so very happy.given my case was not straightforward which p.e.o appts are meant to be , but there is hope for those whose cases are like mine. good luck.

shawinam

Peo Appointment Doubt!

Post by shawinam » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:01 pm

Congrates!!!!!

I book online appt for 16th dec tier1 general at croydon,but i only booked for myself i didnt mention any dependants though im applying with 3 Dependants.
But on HO website Remember for certain applications made in person it is not always necessary for all dependents to attend - refer to the guidance provided with your application form to make sure you are clear on who should attend.
Im confuse now.

usualsus
Newly Registered

Post by usualsus » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:21 am

same story as mine . why dont you try home office and see if they can help you find a family slot or change the appt you have to a family one ?

shawinam

Post by shawinam » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:45 am

usualsus wrote:same story as mine . why dont you try home office and see if they can help you find a family slot or change the appt you have to a family one ?
thanks for reply!
I think your aplication is for ILR??
But mine is T1 General extension.do u think it is the same.
Thanks

oca
Newly Registered

Got Appointment by calling at 8:59

Post by oca » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:24 am

I got an appointment over the phone today in Cardiff for Jan 12 :) for myself and 2 dependants

I was trying online this morning since 8:50 for the latest dates for all the PEOs till about 8:58 and then I Called at 8:59 as I had done for the past 3 weeks.

I had a feeling that I might get an appointment today, but that feeling was fading when the person taking the call started checking one PEO after the other in the order birmingham, croydon, liverpool, sheffield, cardiff.
(So, when I had called there were no appointments left for birmingham, croydon, liverpool, sheffield till Jan 12 but I got cardiff)

Wish you all get appointments soon...

Now, looking forward to the next step, the appointment...

hsmp2tier1

Post by hsmp2tier1 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:57 am

usualsus wrote:same story as mine . why dont you try home office and see if they can help you find a family slot or change the appt you have to a family one ?
usualsus, when you say try home office, do you mean calling 08706067766 or any other number ?

UK_high
Newly Registered

Post by UK_high » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:48 am

Did you got for 12th January ? When I called they said that they are giving only until 11th January and all appointments are booked till then

r2int
Newly Registered

Post by r2int » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:26 am

I have got for 12th Jan today by phone.

usualsus
Newly Registered

Post by usualsus » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:15 pm

hi hsmp
thats the number i tried calling when i left liverpool office when they couldnt process my application due to wrong appt being booked. theres no harm in trying and you never know they might try and help you because of the error with your appt. thats what they did and for me . they got me another appt 4 days later because i explained what happened . and we all know how hard it is to get appointments at the p.e.o .