ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Seekin urgent adv for self employed registration with HMRC

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

amitc

Seekin urgent adv for self employed registration with HMRC

Post by amitc » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:06 am

I am on HSMP Visa and applying for extn to Tier 1. I am employed and also self employed (marketing consultant). I have enough points and all required documents but I am in confusion with self employed registration with HMRC. My accountant has applied for self employed registration nearly 14/15 months before but I didn’t receive any letter yet from HMRC so I don’t know my UTR code. Yesterday when I called HMRC for the code they are saying its not showing in their system that I am self employed registered. Now only option is again apply for registration with penalty and then they will send my UTR code by post. Then I can pay my tax and NI together. The problem is my visa will expire in a week time and to get UTR by post will take time. Can I apply without UTR code? I have already got all accountants documents and also all invoices reflecting in my bank statements. Please advise me..

amitc

Post by amitc » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:17 pm

Still waiting for any reply/advise. Senior members please look into this issue.....

akilleez
Newly Registered

Post by akilleez » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:45 pm

hi amit, i also hav the same problem i registered myself 4 weeks ago and phoned the HMRC to get a status on my registeration, they told me that it takes 6-8 weeks to process into the system, i told them that i am sponsoring my wife and that i well need it faster, they have now added a note to my files stating that it is under process so if the ECO tries to check my tax records they well inform them that i have registered its just pending. you should phone HMRC and tell them of your situation.

rice_porridge
Newly Registered

Post by rice_porridge » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:25 pm

at least you guys should receive NI contribution bills (31.20 pound for a quater? perhaps) and a HMRC reg letter.

amitc

Post by amitc » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:29 am

Thanks akilleez and rice_porridge for your post. I have just called hmrc but they are saying it will take 8 weeks to receive my UTR or any letter. But if I apply online, they will mail acknowledgement of my application.
Guys do you think I should attach that ack. letter with accountants documents as a proof that I have applied for self registation or just send documents without that. Will there be any problem if case worker see that I am earning for the last 14 months but registered just recently? Is there any guideline for this issue? Please advise me..

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Re: Seekin urgent adv for self employed registration with HM

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:46 pm

amitc wrote:I am on HSMP Visa and applying for extn to Tier 1. I am employed and also self employed (marketing consultant). I have enough points and all required documents but I am in confusion with self employed registration with HMRC. My accountant has applied for self employed registration nearly 14/15 months before but I didn’t receive any letter yet from HMRC so I don’t know my UTR code. Yesterday when I called HMRC for the code they are saying its not showing in their system that I am self employed registered. Now only option is again apply for registration with penalty and then they will send my UTR code by post. Then I can pay my tax and NI together. The problem is my visa will expire in a week time and to get UTR by post will take time. Can I apply without UTR code? I have already got all accountants documents and also all invoices reflecting in my bank statements. Please advise me..

best way you have to tell HMRC that u made some proft in year 2008-09

and want to file yr tax return , than only they will ssue u a UTR NO ,