ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent please : Sole-Trader - Accounting query.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bhasheth
Newly Registered

Urgent please : Sole-Trader - Accounting query.

Post by bhasheth » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:27 am

Hello Forum Members,

Currently on HSMP and will be extending under Tier 1 (General). Registered myself with HMRC under self-employed as a Sole-Trader. I have few doubts as mentioned below, can someone please share their knowledge and advice please.

(1) I understand that either a managing agent or accountant prepares the accounting statements and issues the letter.

I'm unsure whether the accountant whom I appoint is to be qualified as ACA only? Or can she/he be even an ACCA?

(2) Once the accounts are prepared, should they then be get audited?

(3) What is "Invoice explanations or payment summaries" as mentioned by HO under the supporting document to proof the earnings?

Looking forward to hear from you as soon as you can. Many thanks.

dima
Member of Standing

Re: Urgent please : Sole-Trader - Accounting query.

Post by dima » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:24 pm

bhasheth wrote:Hello Forum Members,

Currently on HSMP and will be extending under Tier 1 (General). Registered myself with HMRC under self-employed as a Sole-Trader. I have few doubts as mentioned below, can someone please share their knowledge and advice please.

(1) I understand that either a managing agent or accountant prepares the accounting statements and issues the letter.

I'm unsure whether the accountant whom I appoint is to be qualified as ACA only? Or can she/he be even an ACCA?

(3) What is "Invoice explanations or payment summaries" as mentioned by HO under the supporting document to proof the earnings?

I cant answer your qest though... I am planning to register myself as self-employed with HMRC, I may have few questions for you... :)

Good luck for your extension!!!

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Re: Urgent please : Sole-Trader - Accounting query.

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:53 pm

bhasheth wrote:Hello Forum Members,

Holding licence to practice aca /acca

no, till turnover 6.5million

sales summary on acctn letter head , with info invoice no,name, contac no and addres of client ,period of work , date money rcd in bank accnt , amt received.